Login

Favorite musicals

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Crazy old ape
0 likes
I learned this morning that we lost Broadway star Rebecca Luker at the too-young age of 59. Her Broadway debut was in one of my all-time favorite shows, Andrew Lloyd-Webber's magnificent The Phantom of the Opera, where she understudied Sarah Brightman for the role of Christine before taking it on herself after Sarah left the Broadway production.

Here she is with her Phantom, Steve Barton, in the title song.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
0 likes
And in Christine's first big solo

Any other musical fans around here? What are your favorite shows and singers?

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Another favorite of mine is West Side Story. With music by Leonard Bernstein and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, it is musically one of the finest shows I have ever seen or heard.

Here's the actor who played Tony in a recent production appearing on NPR's Live From Here with one of his big numbers

Primus Omnium
0 likes
There are a huge number of musicals that I really love. Here are a few for the moment.

I really love Carol Canning in the role of Dolly Levi, in Hello, Dolly!

This is a wonderful musical. I was extremely proud to play Mike in A Chorus Line.

It was a joy to play the part of George in Billy Elliott, the Musical.

Cabaret was a wonderful musical with Liza Minnelli.

One last one for now. The King and I with Yul Brynner. I got to play a yeoman/sailor in this one.