People in Libraries - True Happiness

last reply
64 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Post pictures of libraries with people enjoying them.

Story Moderator
0 likes
One of my favorite places to be. I miss my library. It still has not reopened. They have been doing curbside pick up and it is scheduled to open with limited service at the end of the month, hopefully.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

This is the reading room at the NYC Public Library, where I have spent whole days doing serious research for my books.
It is hard to express the joy that comes with finding that one old rare book, or document, you have been seeking for years! The joy of discovery is almost unequalled in this world. Additionally, this specific room is so beautiful and welcoming when you enter it!!! It is my favorite place in Manhattan.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

This is my library, Crystal Lake Public Library in Illinois. It is closed for repairs and remodeling. We raised over $150,000 for the renovations since it was closed initially for Covid-19, and it created several jobs for local businesses when jobs are greatly needed.
Communities matter. What better way is there to help the community when things are bad than to improve the local library?
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I still find it hard to believe I've never read a single book. It is on my "to do" list though. I'm thinking Oliver Twist or something similar.