Find your next favourite story now
Login

What happened here today?

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
I’ve only been here a little over a month and was getting to know my way around when as far as I’m concerned disaster struck. There was no warning that a new setup was going to occur whatsoever. I am not a fan of the setup at all!
I had to search through my settings and finally found a place that I could opt in for a mobile setting. Since I use my phone exclusively I switched over. I can now see my wall like it was yesterday but I can’t see ir use the blue banner at the top of the page unless I turn my phone sideways which I don’t feel as though I should have to do! But wait if I go to the forum page I can navigate the site as it was before! So am I being told that if I want to feel comfortable here and find my friends and my own page I have to tilt my phone or use the forum page? I find this very awkward and cumbersome to say the least. I was considering signing up for the other site but if it’s the same there and I have to pay for it then I’ll definitely reconsider staying on here and forgetting about the other site entirely.
I hope that this wasn’t considered an upgrade because it isn’t!
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Gav is bringing over the responsive design implementing on our sister site. There were teething problems there and likely will be here, too. The stories, profiles, messages will adapt to the mobile screens if you DO NOT check the option shown below (it's a disable, not enable). The forums, as of yet, do not though that may come. I will point this thread out to Gav so he is aware. He may have more to say.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

0 likes
Quote by Mendalla
Gav is bringing over the responsive design implementing on our sister site. There were teething problems there and likely will be here, too. The stories, profiles, messages will adapt to the mobile screens if you DO NOT check the option shown below (it's a disable, not enable). The forums, as of yet, do not though that may come. I will point this thread out to Gav so he is aware. He may have more to say.

Thank you for the response! I already found and checked the mentioned box which allowed me to view my whole page when I got in this morning. It’s just the blue banner that is giving me issues now. I’d like to be able to navigate the site from my page not the forum page. Like being able to get to my timeline and back to my profile. Not sure who Gav is but I’ll thank him in advance
0 likes
Quote by Mendalla

Thank you Scott, I didn't know about that and am very happy to default to the original layout.
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
I welcome the changes but with bated breath. I don't visit the site from my mobile, just desk or laptop but...
Is all this work a prelude to a general resurrection of SS or are we just going to drift aimlessly as we have been for far too long?
Keeping everything crossed as we are capable of so much more.

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by DancingintheRain
Not sure who Gav is but I’ll thank him in advance

Gav is the heroic overworked programmer who keeps this place and our sister site in line. He generally manifests as an Imperial stormtrooper, but don't let that fool you. He is actually not evil and can actually hit the broad side of a barn from the inside.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

0 likes
Disabled mine. I’m not a fan of the responsive pages. I’d get used to it if I had to but as Gav’s kindly given us the option, my choice is no.