Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

My e-book is out! Options · View
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 4:18:49 AM

I have been lucky enough to have a longer short story (roughly 15,000 words) picked up by a small independent publisher and it's out for Christmas!

It's a Christmas themed, Gay Male Regency romance under a pen name and I'll pop the link below for anyone interested. I'll also cut and paste a bit of the synopsis to give an idea what it's about. Just so exciting to share!

https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Cotillion-Ellie-Thomas-ebook/dp/B082HPJM2V/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=a+christmas+cotillion+by+ellie+thomas&qid=1576955091&sr=8-1

England, 1820. Bachelor Jonathan Cavendish has become reclusive in the years following a failed romance with the love of his life. In the years following their split, he has thrown all his energy into restoring the small estate he inherited from a great uncle and has put aside any thoughts of romance.

Although he’d rather remain at home alone for the festive season, this year he’s accompanying his cousin Freddy to a Christmas country house party. During the festivities, Jonathan catches the eye of Nick, the handsome son of a local well-to-do farmer, who is a constant presence at the holiday entertainments. Nick is intrigued by Jonathan’s kindness and also by the sadness he hides from public view.

The initial attraction between the men seems to be mutual, but can Nick break through Jonathan’s defences and teach him to love again?
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 1:37:25 PM

Congratulations, Hettie! I wish you all the very best of luck with it. read2 notworthy toast

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 4:53:02 PM

AnnaMayZing wrote:
Congratulations, Hettie! I wish you all the very best of luck with it. read2 notworthy toast

Thank you so very much, Anna! flower
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 5:51:30 PM

This is so wonderful, Cynthia. What a true treat. Thanks for making sure we all knew that here on our site. flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 4:00:52 AM

Survivor wrote:

This is so wonderful, Cynthia. What a true treat. Thanks for making sure we all knew that here on our site. flower

Thank you so much, Larry! *hugs* You see always so gracious, dear friend. :)
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 4:10:47 PM

hello1 congratulations sweet girl that looks like a fun story

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2019 3:17:20 AM

DenimAngel wrote:
hello1 congratulations sweet girl that looks like a fun story

Thanks so much, Sara! *hugs*
Survivor
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2019 6:43:59 AM

henrietta_fielding wrote:
Survivor wrote:

One more thing, Cynthia. You know you can list your eBooks on your profile here. Just go to settings and find My eBooks to enter the URL for Amazon or Smashwords.

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2019 2:33:44 PM

Pretty cool stuff. Congrats!!!
redwriter
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2019 12:18:52 AM

Delighted to see this. Have just spent a couple of quid to Amazon Kindle so I could learn more about style. Looking forward to reading it. Cynth, you are such a dark horse at times.
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2019 5:03:58 AM

Survivor wrote:
henrietta_fielding wrote:
Survivor wrote:

One more thing, Cynthia. You know you can list your eBooks on your profile here. Just go to settings and find My eBooks to enter the URL for Amazon or Smashwords.

Unfortunately, I'm computerless at the no and the system wouldn't let me do that on my phone. But thank you anyway, Larry!
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2019 5:04:30 AM

Ping wrote:
Pretty cool stuff. Congrats!!!

Cheers, G! :)
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2019 5:06:28 AM

redwriter wrote:
Delighted to see this. Have just spent a couple of quid to Amazon Kindle so I could learn more about style. Looking forward to reading it. Cynth, you are such a dark horse at times.

Jim, rather than you learning about style, anyone could learn style from you!! Thank you so much for your kind words and your support. I just got lucky with this. :)
Welshdreamer42
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 1:14:17 PM

Love the look of the book, congratulations toast

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."

Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
elizabethblack
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 5:34:01 PM

I am clapping my hands with a smiling face and happy heart. What a wonderful thing. Wonderful. For one of the gentlest and sweetest ladies I have ever known.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:02:56 PM

elizabethblack wrote:
I am clapping my hands with a smiling face and happy heart. What a wonderful thing. Wonderful. For one of the gentlest and sweetest ladies I have ever known.

You are far too kind, Elizabeth! <3