Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

That one song... Options · View
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2019 2:18:52 PM

What is that one song that always takes you back to a favorite time in your childhood?

Mine was...

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2019 1:29:43 PM

As a very, very small child, One of my most enduring memories was listening to the radio with my Mum. The one tune that brings that all back so clearly is Faure's Berceuse. It was the theme tune to 'Listen With Mother' on the BBC Radio.
I recently bought the album 'Piano Portraits' by Rick Wakeman. Imagine my delight when Berceuse played. I had no idea that was the title of the piece and those wonderful childhood memories came instantly flooding back.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
TheSensualLady
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2020 2:46:42 PM

Welcome To The Jungle - by Guns N' Roses
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2020 9:26:55 AM

Any brass band or pipe & drum music. Dad was heavily into it and listened to a program of it from a local radio station on Sunday nights. I was rather disappointed that my tour of the UK did not overnight in Edinburgh. We were there during their huge band festival and I would love to have gone.

"Forever Autumn" by Justin Hayward (lead singer of the Moody Blues but this was solo). It came from a concept album for a musical version of the s-f classic The War of the Worlds. I remember we were driving to Toronto and the radio show we had on played an except (not that song) from the album. Already a fan of the book and the 1953 movie, I was hooked. And, lo and behold, I found it in the huge Sam the Record Man on Yonge Street when we went shopping in downtown Toronto. While I love the whole album (2 disc set on vinyl and CD), "Forever Autumn" was really the song that introduced me to Hayward and made me a lifelong fan of the Moodies.

My Stories here:

Voice of Ice (Cosmic Horror)
Night of the Wind (Fantasy)
Lady in the Lake (Ghost Story)

My Poems Here:

On Seeing the Light (Re)born - Revelling in a tropical sunrise
Spooky People - Hallowe'en celebration
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2020 2:05:17 PM

Just before last Christmas I heard this on the radio. It made me prick up my ears and immediately transported me back to my childhood many moons ago. Although a new song from Robbie Williams, it incorporates the music from the 60's TV show 'Robinson Crusoe'. That music like no other, has the power to transport me immediately to those carefree days.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Sunday, May 17, 2020 2:06:05 PM

Molly
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 12:09:14 PM

This was the first album that was mine. I loved my parent's music and my brother's music, but this was mine. It also was the soundtrack of the summer before things in my life changed.