What Would Your Dream Career Be?

last reply
14 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I've had a few dreams. I was a jock in high school, so I wanted to be a baseball player. I actually made it past the first tryouts for the St. Louis Cardinals when I was 17.

Then, Playboy magazines were relevant to young boys back then, so I wanted to be a photographer for Playboy.

Perry Mason was one of my favorite shows as a boy. I loved the intrigue and courtroom tension. So I thought I would be an attorney.

But in response to my own query, my dream career would have been as a full-time paranormal investigator. Searching for all things unexplained. (I do that now as a hobby)
Crazy old ape
0 likes
As a kid, my dream career would have been in sciences. Paleontology, astronomy, or physics to be precise. Then I found out you needed to be good at math especially for the latter two.

Fortunately I had a passion for ancient history as well and did my degree in Classics thinking I might do archaeology or something, but stopped after undergrad and did Library Science instead. Just got tired of school and decided I wanted a marketable degree so I could get out for a while. Not necessarily my dream career but I loved books and libraries so it fit.

Now, if I was to drop everything and start a new career, it would be writing. I likely have enough savings to keep me afloat even if I don't make decent bucks at it and I have always loved doing it, even when I wasn't thinking of it as a career option.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was going to be a florist. I also dreamt of being a professional athlete... I did make it international, but not professional.
When I was about 5, I declared I was going to be a red Indian, my feral daughter did too, funnily enough. Then I wanted to be a belly dancer, I loved the costumes, i think my slightly bohemiam style came from there. I thought about becoming a vet, I loved to help out my mum and learnt to vacinate and stitch up animals before I was 12, but the thought of all those years in vet school wasn't enticing, and quite frankly, I wouldn't have been able to pay attention long enough. But early on I knew I'd do something creative, all my school books were covered in doodles... I used to illustrate my assignments and get into all kinds of trouble but at 17 I took part in my first exhibition and I have been painting ever since. I can not imagine doing anything else. I have my dream career.
0 likes
As a kid I always wanted to be in Navy but I guess destiny had other plans.
Lurker
0 likes
I am living my dream with a wonderful family and bookshop.
Tart with a heart
0 likes
I’d enjoy art in any form, I’d love to be an artist.
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I think archeology would have been an interesting career. Traveling to different parts of the world and finding mysteries to be solved.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
When I was younger I wanted to be in the Navy for a career. It did not work out. But it has always been in the back of my mind. Now, my career, basically, is writing about the things I have done, the things I've dreamed of doing, and creating interesting, entertaining stories that my readers will get pleasure and enjoyment from reading.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I dreamed of being a cowgirl and ballet dancer. I still love doing both.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by maryruth
I dreamed of being a cowgirl and ballet dancer. I still love doing both.

Wow, I didn't start taking ballet lessons until I was 66 years old. It was way too late to dream of dancing that way. But it sure would have been a grand career if it had actually happened.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was lucky because I don’t believe that I could have done much better than the career I had as a diagnostic virologist and epidemiologist, and part time university lecturer. The only other branch of science I would like to have followed would to have been a neurologist.
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12
❤️️🇨🇦 Elusive Enigma 🇨🇦❤️️
0 likes
A travel writer. Exploring the world and photographing interesting things.

0 likes
I’m fortunate to be already in my dream career. I have the opportunity to travel the world and see things that I’d only ever dreamed about. I’ve met celebrities, politicians, doctors and lawyers. A lot of the rich and famous. Being a corporate flight attendant is a rewarding career.
Administration
0 likes
The first big job I remember wanting outside of being a teacher is I wanted to work Forensics for the FBI.
Lurker
0 likes
My dream career is to be retired and still have money and income. It's a dream, and I wake up from it every day and go off to work so I can keep paying the bills. When I was young I wanted to be a paramedic. Probably watched too much Emergency One.