Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
hayley
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:39:38 PM

LauraDanielle wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm back on this side after an extended absence due to my forgetting about this side. I take it this is where the cool kids hang out?

Absoloooodlely hello2
hayley
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:59:19 PM

Oh my... one of those days when jet lag actually got the better of coffee angry7

Got myself all prepared and ready for my noon video conference with NY... tick ... it is scheduled for noon Wednesday 28th November ... which it was here when I connected with nobody ... but noon Wednesday EST ... sod time zones. Least I haven't missed it icon_biggrin How embarrassing would that have been 588-rolleyes

And it's stopped raining and it's a beautiful day thumbright ... oniochalasia coming on kekekegay

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 4:24:08 AM

LauraDanielle wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm back on this side after an extended absence due to my forgetting about this side. I take it this is where the cool kids hang out?

Hello lovely Laura! *waves* gorgeous av and I love the dress!

Not so much cool but cold today here. Another day of freezing gale force winds. Making excuses not to venture out!

Another cup of Earl Grey here, please. ☕
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 5:46:17 AM

Good morning. I'm in a hotel. Boring business stuff. At least I get to go home.

Earl Grey here as well. (Nearly typo'd that as "Early Grey" which, I assume, is Earl Grey with double the caffeine content for when you need to get going early).

Featured Story:
Voice of Ice - (Horror) A powerful winter storm leads a professor to a disturbing discovery

Other works:
Night of the Wind - (Fantasy) A mysterious traveller, a strange storm, a chaotic night for a small town.
Spooky People - (Poetry) A playful verse for Hallowe'en.
On Seeing the Light (Re)born - (Poetry) A reflection on seeing the sun rise while on vacation

hayley
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:49:46 PM

Mendalla wrote:
Good morning. I'm in a hotel. Boring business stuff. At least I get to go home.

Earl Grey here as well. (Nearly typo'd that as "Early Grey" which, I assume, is Earl Grey with double the caffeine content for when you need to get going early).

'Early Grey' that could be a neat product name.

On second thoughts ... it could be confused with a hair product Shhh
hayley
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:01:53 PM

The rain has stopped and the sky is blue as. The sea is smooth and the sun is on full tan effect. Video conference was awesome and I'm enjoying a choice Ceylon tea, camembert, crackers, fruit, Dutch dark rye, ginger bikkies coated in chocky. This after two large fresh ground extra strong coffees during the conference, seems to have washed all my cares away angel7

Fortunately there is a queue outside Gucci. Unfortunately it's only outside Gucci. flower

gillianleeza
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 5:43:04 PM

Hello everyone. I have missed this place. I had a final count of twenty-one people in for Thanksgiving. It went well, lots of good conversations, laughs and a ton of good food.

My houseguests left yesterday and I have been savoring the relative quiet of my house. Having to be both social and socially appropriate for over a week was a bit exhausting.

I'll take a ginger ale as I wander around the forums. I brought a box of my own cocktail umbrellas. Anyone can use them to spruce up their glasses.

Have a good night everyone!
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 4:07:52 AM

gillianleeza wrote:
Hello everyone. I have missed this place. I had a final count of twenty-one people in for Thanksgiving. It went well, lots of good conversations, laughs and a ton of good food.

My houseguests left yesterday and I have been savoring the relative quiet of my house. Having to be both social and socially appropriate for over a week was a bit exhausting.

I'll take a ginger ale as I wander around the forums. I brought a box of my own cocktail umbrellas. Anyone can use them to spruce up their glasses.

Have a good night everyone!

Hello Gill *waves* so glad you survived the mass catering and hostessing of Thanksgiving. :) hope you got plenty of help!

Great to have you back and I'll have one of them there cocktail umbrellas with my Earl Grey tea, please.
Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:30:06 AM

gillianleeza wrote:
I had a final count of twenty-one people in for Thanksgiving.

I think we maxed out at 17 including four children with our family dinners. With Dad gone, we've been down to 15 in recent years but now one of my nephews is married so it might go up again.

And I'll have a cup of Early ... er ... Earl Grey tea, no umbrellas (Do you really want plastic in a hot drink, curvy?).

Featured Story:
Voice of Ice - (Horror) A powerful winter storm leads a professor to a disturbing discovery

Other works:
Night of the Wind - (Fantasy) A mysterious traveller, a strange storm, a chaotic night for a small town.
On Seeing the Light (Re)born - (Poetry) A reflection on seeing the sun rise while on vacation

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 9:19:23 AM

Was so tired I crawled back to bed this morning. I guess I am finally up.

My cuppa java is cold.
gypsy
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:43:39 AM

Survivor wrote:
Was so tired I crawled back to bed this morning.

Very very wise move,, well done.

I hope the rest of your day is equally sagacious.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:54:50 AM

gypsy wrote:
Survivor wrote:
Was so tired I crawled back to bed this morning.

Very very wise move,, well done.

I hope the rest of your day is equally sagacious.

I agree with your assessment. I've warmed up the java and am reading now. With my feet up on the settee and the pup gnawing his squeaky in a shaft of sunlight through the window.
hayley
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:51:59 PM

Early riser me, never easy after a wonderful dinner the night before. Thai... started with prawn spring rolls which were all prawn in a wonderfully crisp pastry, served with a sweet chilli dipping sauce... followed by my fav, roast duck .. served in a Thai peanut and sweet chilli sauce on a bed of buc choy... all washed down with an ice cold Thai lager beer, Singha. For dessert I had another serving of the prawn spring rolls and a second Singha!
Like my prawns happy8

Sooo .. four and a half hours to catch up on mail.. say hi here and elsewhere.. it's a quarter to ten and I'm off to an area they call Britomart for my first meet of the day.. over coffee of course...

Everyone have a great day.. hope the rain stays away.

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 1:02:05 PM

hayley wrote:
Early riser me, never easy after a wonderful dinner the night before. Thai... started with prawn spring rolls which were all prawn in a wonderfully crisp pastry, served with a sweet chilli dipping sauce... followed by my fav, roast duck .. served in a Thai peanut and sweet chilli sauce on a bed of buc choy... all washed down with an ice cold Thai lager beer, Singha. For dessert I had another serving of the prawn spring rolls and a second Singha!
Like my prawns happy8

Another Thai fan, eh. I'm fond of their noodles and green curries myself. And there's a dish that restaurants here call basil shrimp that I've become addicted to. The duck sounds delicious. Must see if any Thai places around here have it. When I have duck, it's usually Chinese, either roast duck or Peking duck.

Featured Story:

Other works:

hayley
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:56:34 PM

Mendalla wrote:

Another Thai fan, eh. I'm fond of their noodles and green curries myself. And there's a dish that restaurants here call basil shrimp that I've become addicted to. The duck sounds delicious. Must see if any Thai places around here have it. When I have duck, it's usually Chinese, either roast duck or Peking duck.

Absoloooodlely a Thai fan. Have been there on assignment too and had a train adventure which was an awesome experience. Every stop peeps get on the train with food and hot coffee. They are the politest people ever and their food can be just as good outside the country as in it. I had to change trains and did so at a really fun place that reminded me of real America, a small community that had grown up around a junction, a crossing of rail tracks. Way off the tourist trail, nobody spoke English, which was fun, but obviously backpackers come through as the menu at the place at which we ate had a few typed sheets of blue paper at the back. No mention of Thai food just standard English fare. I can still remember how it started..

1 1 Toast

2 1 Toast Butter

3 1 Toast Butter Jam

4 2 Toast

5 2 Toast Butter

6 2 Toast Butter Jam

7 1 Egg

8 1 Egg 1 Toast

9 1 Egg 1 Toast Butter

10 2 Egg

Bet you can guess 11, 12, 13 ... it's not as easy as it looks Shhh .. 11 is 2 Egg 1 Toast

Had the BEST food ever, all ordered by pointing at the dishes the locals were eating. Sorry for rabbitting on but you jogged a wonderful memory and I believe you would have loved being there.

Last night in Auckland the others ate curry, Thai Green an Massaman Beef. I am no curry fan so never go there.

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 6:03:23 AM

hayley wrote:

Have been there on assignment too and had a train adventure which was an awesome experience. Every stop peeps get on the train with food and hot coffee. They are the politest people ever and their food can be just as good outside the country as in it.

Someday ....

My wife is originally from Shanghai, China, so one of our proposed retirement projects is to live there part of the year and use it as a base to see more of Asia. With the 14 hour flight and 12-13 hours of jet lag already taken care of in getting to Shanghai, places like Southeast Asia, Korea, etc. become less of a chore to visit.

Home for the morning as a guy is coming to fix some of our windows. Tea time.

Featured Story:

Other works:

Survivor
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 7:43:01 AM

Good morning, all. Saw a dress rehearsal for Annie last night. Nicely done.

Time for the first cuppa java.
Mendalla
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 8:59:24 AM

Survivor wrote:
Good morning, all. Saw a dress rehearsal for Annie last night. Nicely done.

We keep singing "the sun will come out tomorrow" around here but the sun doesn't seem to want to oblige.

Never seen Annie, but I was in the pit for a production of Annie Get Your Gun back in my clarinet playing days.

Lunchtime green tea is ready.

Featured Story:

Other works:

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 4:30:13 AM

Happy Sunday everyone!

A cup of Earl Grey tea would go down nicely, please! ☕
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 7:02:16 AM

Should be cold and wet today at we continue with tech week.

Time for the first cuppa java.

Cheers, all.
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 7:30:18 AM

Actually, not that cold here, today, but it's a one day respite. Still grey and wet, though.

I'm completely out at sea with my present story (the one I wasn't sure would be for here or another place). No idea where to go with it right now, just not happy with what I have. My delete key finger is itching but I've worked enough on it that I would rather not (it's something that I do a lot, though, probably a mental thing). And I'm still not sure if it's for here or there, to boot.

I stocked up at David's Tea, so we've got a bunch of cool flavours. Cream of Earl Grey (Earl Grey + vanilla) is in my cup.

Featured Story:

Other works:

Survivor
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 7:46:16 AM

Good morning, all. I'm having my first, very welcome, cuppa java.

Here's a quandry for me and I hope for others. How do I figure out which badge I am missing this morning. I had 21 when I went to bed last night. Now I have 20. For the life of me I can't determine which one is gone. I might add that on another site, that some of us go to on occasion, I had 26 last night and now have 25.

Maybe I am just showing my age. I do hope I can resolve this some time soon.

Anyway, cheers.

Edit: I figured it out. I was messing with my persoanal information and caused my autobiographer's badge to get deleted. drunken
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 9:43:14 AM

Larry: seems 'The Case of the Missing Badge' will need to be posted in Micro Fiction. ;)

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

gypsy
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 11:17:13 AM

Survivor wrote:
Good morning, all. I'm having my first, very welcome, cuppa java.

Here's a quandry for me and I hope for others. How do I figure out which badge I am missing this morning. I had 21 when I went to bed last night. Now I have 20. For the life of me I can't determine which one is gone. I might add that on another site, that some of us go to on occasion, I had 26 last night and now have 25.

Maybe I am just showing my age. I do hope I can resolve this some time soon.

Anyway, cheers.

Edit: I figured it out. I was messing with my persoanal information and caused my autobiographer's badge to get deleted. drunken

Oh that is so totally story fodder, and with some sort of due respect to the rumpled one who is well intentioned but off base no offense intended, it is more likely to be a story challenge, obligatory tag - noir.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 12:04:03 PM

At least it wasn't a sneaky badge thief.

I'm not even sure how many badges I have so I wouldn't notice one missing, esp. on the other site Larry mentioned where I have a quite a few.

Afternoon green tea time. Hope everyone's Monday is going well.

Featured Story:

Other works:

Survivor
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 12:08:22 PM

Mendalla wrote:

I'm not even sure how many badges I have so I wouldn't notice one missing, esp. on the other site Larry mentioned where I have a quite a few.

I just checked for you, Scott. You have 11 on another site. hello1

I'm always on the look for story ideas, Gypsy. I'll make a note of it. flower

Starting on my 4th cuppa java now. The afternoon is moving towards rehearsal time again.
Mendalla
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 12:52:27 PM

Survivor wrote:

Is that counting multiples (e.g. my 4 RRs there) once?

Featured Story:

Other works:

Survivor
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 1:05:59 PM

Mendalla wrote:
Survivor wrote:

Is that counting multiples (e.g. my 4 RRs there) once?

That is simply the badges. Not the number of the awards. But that would be an interesting way to count badges. In the military you can receive multiple awards of a single ribbon/medal but you would only wear one. On the ribbon would be a small device indicating multiple awards. Gav has done something like that here where our Author badge shows the number of stories we have posted. flower

fuzzy1954
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 2:16:43 PM

Mendalla wrote:

I decide to take a few days away from here and I find out there is a "badge thief" among us!! pray stop this crazy merry go around NOW Lfunny Ldevil

I say time to call in the F.B.I. and for Survivor our K.B.I. can help out L46

Black Irish Coffee for this sneaky Irishman please

magnificent1rascal
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 3:42:31 PM

Just a note —

If Gav makes all the badge changes requested, some of us will see our badge count fluctuate. icon_smile happy8 icon_smile happy8 drunken

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal