Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 2:13:30 PM
Mendalla

DenimAngel wrote:
a flu shot

Seriously? They won't be available here for at least another month, often not until our Thanksgiving (2nd Monday in October). Now I want to move where you are. Well, except the border is still closed so that might not work so well.

Green tea and and couple cat cookies make a nice afternoon tea time.

My "Cheers to 10 Years" competition entries;

My Temple - A poem (40 words)
The Goddess Dances - Flash fantasy (873 words) - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash
Something - Short Horror (2581 words)
Musings of a Forgotten Deity - A poem (100 words)
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 5:16:19 PM
Survivor

Mendalla wrote:
DenimAngel wrote:
a flu shot

Seriously? They won't be available here for at least another month, often not until our Thanksgiving (2nd Monday in October). Now I want to move where you are. Well, except the border is still closed so that might not work so well.

We got our flu shots this last week. We are good until next year now.
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 6:10:03 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, Spacers. Coffee's on, the kettle is kettling and there are Sarah cookies in the cookie jars.

In case anyone has noticed I haven't been showing up lately, well, here are my alibis.

Between political conventions, other downer national news, the never-ending lockdown, and now Hurricane Laura pounding my home state, well, I've been just a tad depressed.

Of course, as has been so wisely said, a day without me is like a day without rhubarb. But I'll try to do mo' better, honest.

Coffee and Sara cookies are a sure Rx for the mullygrubs. Later.

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 6:20:11 AM
Mendalla

Hey, Rump. Nice to see you pop by. Yeah, the news down there has not been great so I hear where you're coming from. Kind of into a slow news season here outside of COVID stuff but there's a chance of an election this fall (hopefully not) so maybe things will pick up (but hopefully not).

Kind of flailing around on writing right now. Lots of ideas dancing in my head but nothing I can seem to latch on to for long enough to get something written.

I think I shall grab a couple cookies to go with my morning tea.

The Goddess Dances - Flash fantasy (873 words) - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 6:31:05 AM
Survivor

Good morning, Scott. Hello, Bill. Nice to see you gents out this fine day. I'll have some of your brew to get going today.

I think I have moved back into writing mode now. I turned out that story last week that did pretty well and I posted a poem elsewhere. I'm working on a sonnet to be posted here. Perhaps today. It feels good to be writing again. And there are always proofreading duties for friends.

Okay, going to get to the other morning computer chores now.

flower
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 12:34:23 PM
DenimAngel

hello2 hi peeps
A beautiful day here
A large iced coffee
Got my story finished now to be proofread
My heart goes out to those in Texas and Louisiana who were hit by Hurricane Laura
I got cookies today
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top *
In Big Bird we have are diabetic friendly cookies... Peanut butter and banana cookies, orange fudge cookies, snickerdoodle and oatmeal raisin
In cookie Monster we have :peanut butter and banana cookies, butterscotch crunch cookies, candy cane cookies and ginger snaps
*giving the adorable mascots fresh cold water and treats *

Stay safe everyone and big hugs hello1

etairay
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 4:19:44 PM
etairay

..welcome home, welcome ..come on in, and close the door ..you've been gone, too long ..welcome, you're home once more ..🎶

Hey hey beautiful folks hello2 oh dear ..*huggles everyone with a big smile* sorry about the yellow earlier ..for me, it represented all your beautiful warm smiles 😂😃☀

..there are so many lonely people ..why must they ever be apart ..I hope someday you'll be together ..singing these words with all your heart ..🎶

Happy day SS familia *..special huggle for Rumple* 😂😃 Just a quick pop in, it's Friday here and that old man wants to go out 😱😷 but first I have to listen to his radio station 😂😃 ..why me.. someone save me ..gotta love him 😃❤ Anyhoo ..we are off to picnic lunch with my mum then shopping.

Remember beautiful folks ..you got this ..be kind ..be supportive ..stay safe 😃
Spreading the love ..bring it in 2407_group_hug

Have a supadupa wondrous day 😂😃☀

flower bfn

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 5:51:11 AM
Mendalla

Good morning, all. It's rather dark and wet here in Ontario today but in Inspirations, the sun always shines, even if it is just etairay's cheery posts giving off light.

Kettle is boiling, coffee is brewing, cookie jars are out and I picked some assorted baked goods with which to celebrate the end of another week. Danishes, muffines, croissants all on offer to have with your beverage of choice.

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 5:51:48 AM
Mendalla

And, yes, the plural of "muffin" really is "muffines". At least according to my fingers. confused1

etairay
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 2:14:04 PM
etairay

..rollin', rollin', rollin' ..rollin', rollin', rollin' ..rollin', rollin', rollin' ..rollin', rollin', rollin' ..rawhide🎶

Bonjour 😃

Kia ora 😃

Talofa 😃

Kei te pēhea koe? 😃

Greetings 😃

..move 'em on, head 'em up ..head 'em up, move 'em on ..move 'em on, head 'em up ..rawhide🎶

Hey hey gorgeous folks hello2 how are we ..hope all is well with you ..happy happy joy joy 😂😃 *..good thing Caesar already set up* ..help yourself to hot drinks and treats 😃😋

So me thought Whistle *..thinking ..thinking ..thinking* ..best pop in before I start on my usual Saturday chores. Weather looks meh here this morning ..Shame on you we must not let that stop us ..oh no ..Not talking no no no no can do ..need to push forward and soldier on 😃 ..we got this ..well I do 😂😃😇

Remember ..be kind ..be supportive ..stay safe 😃 I will always have a smile for you. Bring it in for some weekend goodness 2407_group_hug ..and another cause I can 2407_group_hug

Have a supadupa Mary Poppins ..Trolls kinda day 😂😃 stay positive

flower bfn
DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2020 4:28:08 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful day here
I was up to my elbows in cucumbers for making pickles today
It's hard work being the assistant.
I'm beat and tomorrow she wants to go pick grapes and go look for pint jars for canning so a field trip will happen in the morning.
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy

*peeks in the cookie jars *yay they are in good shape.
Oh Scott lots of yummy looking goodies you brought too
*choosing a yummy Danish to go with my coffee*
Good to see everyone
Have a great evening everyone! hello1

etairay
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 6:16:38 AM
etairay

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Morning, y'all. Coffee, the tea kettle and the lights have all been turned on, more or less. Hope everyone has come through a second week of political conventions safe and sound of both mind and body.

Think I'll grab a mug full of coffee, some of Sara's cookies of choice and go sit out on the porch swing and wait for the sun to wake-up. Don't hesitate to come join me -- just bring your own coffee and cookies. When it comes to those, I'm not the sharing kind. ;)

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 6:20:55 AM
Survivor

Thanks for looking out for us all, E. *HUGS*

It is raining outside and appears to want to keep on raining all day. Just have to wait and see. Gonna stay comfy with a cuppa java and do my morning computer chores.

flower
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2020 10:54:09 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful day here.
A large iced coffee sounds yummy
Woke up way too early and went back to sleep so now shaking the cobwebs
Got my competition story here finally finished now to get it proofread it

I have fun cookies today
*movin the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with the new cookies*
Sugar cookies (diabetic friendly too) shaped like rainbows, unicorns and hearts and cotton candy
I hope everyone is staying safe and sound

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 7:54:12 AM
Survivor

Good day, folks. I am starting on my second cuppa java. I was doing some computer chores. Maybe I can get to so writing this afternoon.

Sara has posted her entry to the competition. Still, plenty of time for others to join us in the contest.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 8:36:41 AM
Mendalla

Good morning, Larry and anyone else lurking. Got some nice Scottish Breakfast tea brewing in our teapot and there's hot water left if you want something else. Looks like Larry took care of the coffee.

Weather here is a bit mixed, might shower but mostly just cool and humid.

15 stories is a good number but there's room for more. Looks like we hit twenty in the Dirty Martini memorial comp in 2018 and 21 in the comp before that in 2016 so it would definitely be nice to shoot for that.

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 11:54:32 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A beautiful day here. Saw hummingbirds today.
A large iced coffee sounds yummy

A lazy day here I think. I got my competition story submitted and it's such a cute story.
*moving cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have :oatmeal raisin cookies, pecan divines, banana chocolate chip and carrot cake
In Cookie Monster we have :cheery cherry cookies, cherry bombs, chocolate butterscotch crunch cookies and ginger snaps
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
Good to see everyone here
Remember to stay safe !

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 1:15:25 PM
Mendalla

DenimAngel wrote:

A lazy day here I think. I got my competition story submitted and it's such a cute story.

Amen. hello1 The world needs more cute stories, I think.

Hmmmm. Chocolate butterscotch crunch, eh. * scarfs a couple *

Nice day here. Got some stuff done. Pulled the stove out and cleaned under and around it. Son cut the grass. Washed the floors (that's my usual weekly chore). Could do with a bit less humidity but I've been through worse.

gillianleeza
Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2020 11:47:00 PM
gillianleeza

It was a beautiful day here. Makes me even more eager for fall weather to arrive.

I need to catch up on things. I feel the same way Bill, too much bad news everywhere.

I haven't been around much. Had an issue with my asthma that sidelined me. Getting medical care during a pandemic for something other than COVID is strange. You do get a rapid test before you receive any care, mine was negative. I'm doing much better now, but my energy has disappeared. One day at a time I suppose.

It's a new week, maybe the news will all be positive and uplifting. I can dream, can't I?

I'll catch up on some reading today and some cleaning. Grabbing a few cookies on my way out, thanks Sara.

Have a good week everyone.

Cheers.

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Survivor
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 6:18:54 AM
Survivor

The coffee is on the stove, as is the tea kettle. It is a gloomy day today. Dark still yet and quiet. At least it won't get up to over a hundred degrees today.

flower
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 12:52:43 PM
AnnaMayZing

Hi All.
I was trawling through You tube when I came across this fun song. It reminded me of Sarah and her stories. I hope you all enjoy it and it brightens up your day, wherever you are. hello2 wave kekekegay

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, August 31, 2020 2:36:14 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful day here not much going on.
Saw bunnies and hummingbirds this morning.
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy.
I hope everyone is everyone is having a great day
*peeks in the cookie jars * no cookie bandits today

Working on scamps next adventure . Tanks story is getting lots of love .
I need to catch up on reading the competition stories today.

Hope everyone is staying safe and sound hello1

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 4:19:51 AM
henrietta_fielding

Hello everyone. I haven't had the chance to pop in for a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd catch up with all your news.

Sara, I'll catch up with your comp story soon!

All's fine here. It was a chilly August Bank holiday, but we're meant to get a warmer day or two later in the week. Scott, we don't get our flu jabs here until well into October either!

I'll grab a coffee and some of Sara's delicious cookies too.
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 6:57:52 AM
Survivor

How nice to see you here, Cynthia. I hope the coffee was to your liking. I've just made a fresh pot for any who arrive later.

flower
Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 7:39:51 AM
Mendalla

Good morning! Hello to Cynthia. Bit grey and muggy here, with showers expected for later. Got my car in for service before handing it off to my spawn. Just needed a battery, which I probably would have needed to do anyway come winter. A bad battery in a Canadian winter tends to lead to overfamiliarity with jumper cables.

Putting on the kettle and got some nice breakfast tea (Irish, today) in the teapot. Anyone else?

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 3:08:41 PM
DenimAngel

hello2 hi peeps
Today got away from me.
Started out gloomy and now the sun is shining now
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
I hope everyone is having a good day
Might get some writing done today

I have fresh cookies today
*moving the cookies from the cookie jars to the emergency cookie tins*
In Big Bird we have : pecan divines, orange fudge cookies, snickerdoodle and almond crunch cookies
In Cookie Monster : chocolate pecan bar cookies, cocoa snaps frosted ginger snaps and golden raisin whippersnappers
Stay safe everyone

Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 5:59:23 PM
Mendalla

DenimAngel wrote:

Today got away from me.

I find a nail through the calendar helps. laughing2

And now I shall deprive Big Bird of a couple orange fudge cookies, me thinks.

Ended up being a nice day here. The promised rain seems to be stuck over Michigan. Maybe Border Services won't let it through. laughing8

elizabethblack
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 6:19:12 PM
elizabethblack

Mendalla wrote:
Good morning! Hello to Cynthia. Bit grey and muggy here, with showers expected for later. Got my car in for service before handing it off to my spawn. Just needed a battery, which I probably would have needed to do anyway come winter. A bad battery in a Canadian winter tends to lead to overfamiliarity with jumper cables.

Putting on the kettle and got some nice breakfast tea (Irish, today) in the teapot. Anyone else?

I know your spawn is happy to have a new battery. Grin. My husband took his car in for inspection and it got a "reject" on the window. He has only so many days to get so many things fixed that you would have thought they were writing a grocery list. Lots of money too. But we trust the garage and what must be, will be.

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 5:45:27 AM
Mendalla

elizabethblack wrote:

I know your spawn is happy to have a new battery. Grin. My husband took his car in for inspection and it got a "reject" on the window. He has only so many days to get so many things fixed that you would have thought they were writing a grocery list. Lots of money too. But we trust the garage and what must be, will be.

Ouch. That's the point where we have the "do we really want to keep this thing?" debate. It's also one of the reasons I drive Hondas. Have never had a repair that wasn't expected based on mileage and usage (brake jobs, replacing exhaust, batteries, etc.). They just go and aren't too finicky, either. The fact that my preferred Honda models (Civic and CR-V) are built at an assembly plant in Ontario is nice, too. Keep some jobs in the province.

Anyhoo, time to get the coffee going and the kettle on. Good morning!

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 6:33:26 AM
Survivor

Good morning. Making sure the coffee is brewed.

My last three cars have been Toyota Priuses. I have two of them now. 2008 and 2012. Before them, I had a Toyota Corolla and a Toyota Tercel. I've also had two Toyota mini trucks (long bed). As a fluke, I got a Plymouth Voyager in 1992 that I kept for over 20 years.

flower