Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
KatarinaTechgoddess
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 12:55:46 PM
KatarinaTechgoddess

A quick hello before I start making dinner (and brownies for dessert). I hope Victor's tummy is better! My kitty, Chessie, has been glued to my side today. Her tummy was making some strange noises as well. Keeping an eye on her lately. She's an old girl and I try to pay attention every little oddity.

~Kat~
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 1:00:30 PM
Mendalla

DenimAngel wrote:

Stay safe everyone and don't forget to tell people you love them

Like, everyone? Even if you don't love them? clown

Sorry, just goofing off a bit. I'm in a bit of snit today. Someone took a shot at me after I took a hard slap at a spammer on the forum where I admin. They thought the guy could be legit and that I should have given the benefit of the doubt. I checked the guys network addresses. Two different parts of the world within a minute of each other. That's not a good sign and shows that my instincts were correct. Have resisted taking a parting shot beyond an "I was right" post.

Anyhow, I've made a pot of David's Buddha Blend for anyone who wants to try it. Jasmine green tea, white tea, and hibiscus. About the only David's blend I still buy since my local store doesn't have anything comparable.

* Settles in to nervously await word on Victor. * dog

My "Cheers to 10 Years" competition entries;

My Temple - A poem (40 words)
The Goddess Dances - Flash fantasy (873 words) - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash
Something - Short Horror (2581 words)
Musings of a Forgotten Deity - A poem (100 words)
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:16:35 PM
Survivor

We decided around noon that Victor had gotten over whatever he was having going on in his tummy. He was mopey and hanging about with me continuously. Finally just after noon he got frisky again wanting his walk. I cancelled the appointment at the vet. He seems perfectly fine presently. He had dinner and his evening walk.

I'm making some fettucine alfredo for dinner tonight.

flower
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 5:32:45 PM
DenimAngel

Mendalla wrote:
DenimAngel wrote:

Stay safe everyone and don't forget to tell people you love them

Like, everyone? Even if you don't love them? clown

Sorry, just goofing off a bit. I'm in a bit of snit today. Someone took a shot at me after I took a hard slap at a spammer on the forum where I admin. They thought the guy could be legit and that I should have given the benefit of the doubt. I checked the guys network addresses. Two different parts of the world within a minute of each other. That's not a good sign and shows that my instincts were correct. Have resisted taking a parting shot beyond an "I was right" post.

Anyhow, I've made a pot of David's Buddha Blend for anyone who wants to try it. Jasmine green tea, white tea, and hibiscus. About the only David's blend I still buy since my local store doesn't have anything comparable.

* Settles in to nervously await word on Victor. * dog

Cookies! Will fix that snit you're in Ape! Im

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 6:15:00 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:
We decided around noon that Victor had gotten over whatever he was having going on in his tummy. He was mopey and hanging about with me continuously. Finally just after noon he got frisky again wanting his walk. I cancelled the appointment at the vet. He seems perfectly fine presently. He had dinner and his evening walk.

I'm making some fettucine alfredo for dinner tonight.

flower

hello1

For both Victor being okay and fettucine alfredo for dinner.

Kettle and coffee are on for morning caffeine fixes.

The Goddess Dances - Flash fantasy (873 words) - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash
Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 6:15:34 AM
Mendalla

DenimAngel wrote:

Cookies! Will fix that snit you're in Ape! Im

Indeed. clown

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 6:27:19 AM
Survivor

It's nice to have the coffee all ready. We're keeping the tea kettle ready for tea, of course.

I'm planning to complete a story today. It will be the first one of any length here on site. I have been writing mostly micros and poems recently. It's good to get something longer finished.

flower
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 9:40:45 AM
Survivor

Say, friends and neighbors. I have been checking out the contest so far. I see the very first entry from Adrienne has had only one comment and presumably just one vote. I can't tell but am assuming that is the case. The vote is from me as is the comment. I do think it would be kind and friendly for some more folks to at least look at her entry.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-it-takes-two-to-triumph-.aspx

I presume it has been overlooked because it was the very first entry and passed by before everyone started posting their own stories. I am not a moderator so I don't know if the story fulfills the requirements. I just see it is labeled as a competition entry.

flower
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 10:09:39 AM
DenimAngel

Morning people
A beautiful day here in my neck of the woods.
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy.
Im planning on getting some writing done gotta get my contest entry written so you all can laugh at the antics of the star of the story Tank the turtle
The cookie jars look to be in good shape *giggles*
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

I hope everyone is staying safe and sound! flower

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 1:12:16 PM
Mendalla

DenimAngel wrote:

my contest entry written so you all can laugh at the antics of the star of the story Tank the turtle

I like the sound of this one already.

Lovely day here. Had a local tree company in to remove one of my original trees, a spartan juniper we put down 19 years ago. It was leaning too close to the house next door so we decide it had to go before it took out his eaves or something. Started out about my height, IIRC, and was taller than the house at the end. Cost several times more to take it down than to buy it.

Afternoon lime water is happening along with ... oo, oatmeal raising, I think.

etairay
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 8:21:13 PM
etairay

..cover is not the book ..so open it up and take a look ..'cause under the covers one discovers ..that the king may be a crook ..chapter titles are like signs ..and if you read between the lines ..you'll find your first impression was mistook ..for a cover is nice ..but a cover is not the book ..ta-ru-ra-lee, ta-ra-ta-ta-ta! ta-ru-ra-lee, ta-ra-ta-ta-ta! .. 🎶💃

Hip! hip! ..hooray!! cheerleader ..*walk around giving everyone big hugggles with big Friday smiles* 😂😃 ..hey hey SS familia ..how are we doing fine folks hello2 ..how's your day thus far.

Aww Caesar *huggles* sorry about those negative posts ..they do not define you ..meh! You do you ..yes sir, you got this thumbright good man.

Oh no Greenie *huggles* sorry about Victor ..but thank you Lord he's is feeling much better ..awesome love10 more fun times.

Nice to see you finish a story Sara *huggles* looking forward to reading it coffee Glad you're slowly settling in to normalcy.

Aww KT *huggles* I hope Chessie is doing well 😃

Friday for me ..what can I say. Busy morning, having a quick break before starting on dinner. Dad's listening to his radio station ..d'oh! why me ..seriously I can just change the station 😂😂😂😃 No! ..do not be sad to him Lisa 😂😃

Kettle is on fine folks ..anyone for a hot drink ..feel like dunking biscuits 😂😂😃 it gets like that sometimes. Friday movie night ..I feel like light comedy but will see what the girls feel like 😃❤ family time.

Better sort that old man's tea and treat 😂😃
Bring it in folks 2407_group_hug happy happy joy joy

Remember ..be kind ..be supportive ..stay safe! 😃
Happy thoughts and positive vibes coming out your way. 😂😃
Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! 😂😃

flower bfn

Survivor
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2020 7:10:17 AM
Survivor

Such a joy seeing you here, E. Bringing sunshine on a cloudy day. I've just made some fresh coffee. The tea kettle is on.

Oh, I did finish a new story here and submitted it yesterday afternoon. Our dear busy moderators have not had time to get to it yet. I'm sure it will be posted sometime today. I'm really looking forward to some new contest entries I know are in the pipeline.

I just want to say the last few nights have brought some joy into my heart. The true love and diversity and openness and honesty on display was inspiring. I have so much hope now instead of the despair that was creeping into my soul. I'm so pleased that others in my online family share that feeling with me.

Off to the pharmacy for some "drugs" but I will return.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2020 11:26:00 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A beautiful day here in my neck of the woods saw butterflies and hummingbirds this morning
A large iced coffee sounds yummy
I meet a counselor today for the first time in person not sure how I feel about it m I saw Kathy my last one for 4 years but she decided to focus on being a full time school counselor so she recommended this new lady so we will see

In the meantime my story about Tank the Turtle is coming along nicely so might have it ready this weekend.
*moving the cookies to the emergency cookie tins and putting fresh cookies in the cookie jars *
In Cookie Monster we have butterscotch marshmallow bar cookies, cocoa snaps, peanut butter and banana cookies and ginger lemon cookies.
In Big Bird we have butterscotch marshmallow bar cookies, peanut butter and banana cookies, ginger snaps and cocoa snaps
*giving the adorable mascots fresh cold water and treats *
Stay safe everyone! hello1

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2020 6:11:39 AM
Survivor

Hi, hi. Grand morning, is it not? Or evening for you folks on the other side of the world. The coffee is brewing and the tea kettle is on.

It is Saturday and it might be a good day for a drive in the country. Easy to get out and still stay quarantined and distanced.

Here's a thought. Let's all be cool today, sound good?

flower
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2020 11:50:47 AM
DenimAngel

flower HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE!
A beautiful day here
A large sweet tea sounds good right
Larry I agree let's all stay cool. How's Mr Victor?
I think a little writing might get done today.
I have fresh cookies today
*moving cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
Today's offerings are sugar cookies shaped like seashells, starfishes , lighthouses and sunglasses
We need beachy kind of day.

Hope everyone is staying safe and cool! grommit

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2020 12:00:22 PM
Mendalla

I had a hell of a wedding anniversary yesterday. I'm limping and she's got an arm in a sling. And, yes, the story is entirely Storiesspace friendly. She wiped out on her bike the other night and I slipped and fell helping her get changed before we went to emerg. We didn't have any big plans anyhow (thanks, COVID) but did order in from our favorite Viet-Thai place.

Question, Sara: Does the turtle in your story wear a ... wait for it ... tank top? clown

laughing6

* flees giggling *

elizabethblack
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2020 5:45:11 PM
elizabethblack

Mendalla wrote:
I had a hell of a wedding anniversary yesterday. I'm limping and she's got an arm in a sling. And, yes, the story is entirely Storiesspace friendly. She wiped out on her bike the other night and I slipped and fell helping her get changed before we went to emerg. We didn't have any big plans anyhow (thanks, COVID) but did order in from our favorite Viet-Thai place.

Question, Sara: Does the turtle in your story wear a ... wait for it ... tank top? clown

laughing6

* flees giggling *

That is an anniversary that you both will remember (but maybe not tell about?). What a story. I am glad you are both mobile. Sore today I am sure. But Viet-Thai has to have helped a lot.

Scott, you are lucky Sara has such a good sense of humor. Giggle.

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2020 6:29:03 AM
Survivor

The coffee is brewing so never fear. Hot water is in the tea kettle.

My handyman called yesterday and was very tired. He asked to bypass showing up on Saturday and will appear on Tuesday to finish up the kitchen. I'm fine with that. The worker is worthy of hs hire. He has not actually asked for any money yet.

flower
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2020 10:36:28 AM
Mendalla

Doing housework with a limp isn't fun, but it is done, including cleaning up the washroom my son uses before he gets home for a visit this week (it has basically been unused since his last visit in March-April). Bit hot here but the humidity isn't as bad as in our heat waves earlier in the summer so is tolerable.

Hoping for a quiet afternoon. I note that a new comp entry has appeared (not Sara's) so I shall get to that shortly.

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2020 10:42:15 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful day here
A large iced coffee

Scott you are hilarious for an Ape... The turtle wears a red tank top and matching shorts *giggles*

Hi Miss Elizabeth yep he's lucky I got a good sense of humor and I like Apes.. Lol. Good to see you pretty girl.

Larry yay for making coffee and putting on the tea kettle. Hows Mr Victor?

*checking the cookies* Hmmm no cookie bandits today
*giving the critters fresh water and treats *
Gonna try to get some writing done today.

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2020 12:25:27 PM
Mendalla

DenimAngel wrote:

Scott you are hilarious for an Ape...

Hey, who says we gorillas can't be funny? I mean, life isn't all kidnapping actresses and climbing tall buildings. icon_biggrin

Survivor
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 7:20:44 AM
Survivor

Good morning. The coffee is very good today. Give it a try if you are a coffee drinker. If not try some of the teas that are shared here in the coffee house.

As folks can see I finished a story here. Now I am going to move on to a poem. I need to get one posted. We have none in the Poetry Picks and we need at least one to balance out the home page, don't you think? Tons of stories in the All Picks associated with our ongoing contest. Still lots of time to get a story into the competition.

flower
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 11:56:27 AM
DenimAngel

Hi peepsflower .
A beautiful day here. I saw a fluffy brown bunny today.
A large iced coffee sounds yummy

Good to see everyone here
I have cookies today
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins and feeling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have our diabetic friendly cookies : fudgy chocolate cookies, pecan divines, snow puffs and peanut butter and banana cookies
In Cookie Monster we have cappuccino royale, cheery cherry chocolate cookies, molasses crackles and ginger snaps
*giving the adorable mascots fresh cold water and treats *

Hope everyone is staying safe and sound.
The turtle story is coming along. hello1

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 6:37:28 AM
Survivor

The coffee is ready to pour and the water is heating.

We should have our kitchen renovation finished today. Just final touch-ups and some lighting to get right. New countertops of stone tile. Stainless steel sink. Brushed brass faucet. Pendant lights on track lighting. We had painted all of the cabinets last year so it is pretty much redone. Just the floor is still old. I hope we can simply forget about that for now.

flower
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 11:03:54 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
Yay coffee.. A large iced coffee sounds yummy
A beautiful day here.
My competition entry is almost done.
Should have it ready for publishing tomorrow if not tonight

I have fresh cookies today . In fun animal shapes
We have cookies shaped like monkeys elephants cats dogs bunnies and turtles
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
*giving the adorable mascots fresh cold water and yummy treats *

Hope everyone has a great day grommit

Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 11:52:52 AM
Mendalla

DenimAngel wrote:
: turtles

Subtle. Almost subliminal. drunken

Good afternoon all. I'll have a monkey and a turtle with my tea (orange pekoe with a shot of lime juice)

etairay
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 5:19:37 PM
etairay

..I'm walking on sunshine ..wow ..I'm walking on sunshine ..wow ..I'm walking on sunshine ..wow ..and don't it feel good ..hey, alright now ..and don't it feel good, hey ..🎶

Hey guys hello2 did you miss me 😂😃 *..going around giving everyone huggles hello* 😂😃😷

..I used to think maybe you loved me, now I know that it's true ..and I don't want to spend my whole life, just waiting for you ..now I don't want you back for the weekend ..not back for a day, no no no ..I said baby I just want you back ..and I want you to stay ..oh yeah now ..🎶

hey hey sunshine folks 😂😃 how are we doing ..I hope all is well with you in your little corner of the world. We are doing great here in Welly, considering we are in a hellhole #HellholeNZ ..someone commented ..such a hilarious comment indeed 😂😂😃

Anyhoo kettle is on ..quick pop in before I start on lunch ..me thinking pancakes ..nom nom 😋 ..better gee oh ..someone is looking at me ..seriously that man is funny ..one moment please 😂😂😃

Remember ..be kind ..be supportive ..stay safe 😃
Bring it in ..share some sunshine ☀ 2407_group_hug

Have a supadupa gorgeous sunshiny day 😂😃☀

flower bfn

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 6:24:57 AM
Survivor

It's good to see you, E. But, I must say the yellow font you used was pretty much indecipherable to my eyes. I'm just happy you stopped by.

Everything is set up for a new day here on the prairie. I'm working on my first cuppa java.

We get a new recliner chair delivered today. That will be nice.

flower
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 9:07:35 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

It's good to see you, E. But, I must say the yellow font you used was pretty much indecipherable to my eyes. I'm just happy you stopped by.

Everything is set up for a new day here on the prairie. I'm working on my first cuppa java.

We get a new recliner chair delivered today. That will be nice.

flower

If you're on a computer, just highlight it like you were going to copy it. That should put in on a darker background.

Just back from my first visit to Costco in a while. It was busy but in a sane, sensible way. Masks all round and social distancing mostly being observed.

Time for tea and a cookie.

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 1:01:07 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
A beautiful day here even if I had to impersonate a pin cushion for a flu shot and a shot of cortisone for my knee
I got cute bandaids for the owies.
Good to see everyone here.
Glad you saw the turtle message Scott
Tying up the loose ends of the story and then have it proofread and then it will be submitted .
*peeking in the cookie jars * still in good shape
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
Stay safe everyone! hello2