Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
etairay
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2020 9:18:26 PM
etairay

Kia Ora! 👋 😂😃

..oh what a beautiful mornin' ..oh, what a beautiful day ..I got a beautiful feelin' ..ev'erything's goin' my way .. 🎶

How's it going folks ..how are you 😃

It's cold here in Welly today ..looks like rain in coming. Me think it's time for hot tea ..good music ..and good company 😂😃 who wants a cuppa while I'm up ..let's see who can dunk the most cookies in their hot drink ..wait, am I the only one who still does that

..who's sorry now ..whose heart is achin' for breakin' each vow .. 🎶 ..Larry, can I have this dance💃 ..promise I won't twirl or dip you 😂😃 .. ..come on, baby ..jump up ..jump back ..well now I think you've got the knack ..wow ..wow 🎶 ..you're next Scott 😂😃

..definitely need a cuppa now ..phew! 😂😃

Need to dash ..be good ..have fun ..happy thoughts with smiles for you 😂😃 ..let's gooooooooo 2407_group_hug

Remember ..be kind ..be supportive ..stay safe! 😃

Have a supadupa fantastic day! hello2

Survivor
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2020 6:18:41 AM
Survivor

Good morning here on the prairie. I've got the coffee brewing. Plenty of tea for the tea drinkers, Scott and E. Strong coffee for Bill and me. Sara, we will brew you some iced tea. Who else will stop by today?

I'd love to have the next dance, E. Maybe someday our other new dancer, Gabi, will stop by. I do know that Lizzie loves to dance.

Eleven entries into the contest now. Gee, now is there gonna be someone out of the top ten? Maybe we will have a top eleven.

flower
Mendalla
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2020 7:11:14 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

Eleven entries into the contest now. Gee, now is there gonna be someone out of the top ten? Maybe we will have a top eleven.

flower

With this many entrants, a top six probably makes more sense than a top ten, but I like your idea. If there's fewer that 20 entries, then just put all of them on the short list. Or something like that.

Have a new story ready, I think, to go up. However, I may leave it a few days since I would rather not divert attention from the comp right now. It'll be my first story on this site with no fantastical elements. Don't expect that to become a trend, though. I loves me some fantasy and horror.

Tea and cookies! Yay!

My "Cheers to 10 Years" competition entries;

My Temple - A poem (40 words)
The Goddess Dances - Flash fantasy (873 words) - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash
Something - Short Horror (2581 words)
Musings of a Forgotten Deity - A poem (100 words)
scottob1234
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2020 1:08:48 PM
scottob1234

Hi everyone, see some familiar faces here, hope you're all doing well. I'll have a coffee, I'm tired... Mondays ya know.
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2020 1:44:37 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful day here even if it's Monday!
Not much going on here got a poem and a story rattling around in my head.
A large sweet tea sounds fantastic.
So far is a quiet day not much on calendar today might do a library pick up today or tomorrow.
I have COOKIES today
*moving the leftover cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter *
In Cookie Monster today we have butterscotch marshmallow bar cookies, butterscotch sugar cookies, ginger snaps and lemon softies
In Big Bird we have butterscotch sugar cookies, carrot cake cookies, maple walnut cookies and oatmeal cranberry cookies
*giving the adorable mascots fresh cold water and treats *
Stay safe everyone! hello2

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2020 2:08:23 PM
Mendalla

After a rather wet day, we're seeing some sun here right now. The forecast is still for more showers, so I'm not holding out too much hope of getting outside to exercise tonight, but we shall see.

Hello to Scott the Second and welcome to Inspirations. It's self serve here so just fill your mug and grab some goodies. Sara's cookies are highly recommended. Hmmm. Maple walnut sounds good to me. * grabs two and puts on the kettle *

The Goddess Dances - Flash fantasy (873 words) - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash
KatarinaTechgoddess
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2020 2:09:10 PM
KatarinaTechgoddess

Hello hello2

Just beginning to navigate my way through the "Blue" site! I think I'm gonna like it here!

I've entered the competition because my competitive nature couldn't resist, and because, living on the beach, the story sort of wrote itself.

Those of you who know me might recall that I am fortunate to have two Loggerhead nests in my "yard" aka the beach. If I'm lucky enough to observe the hatching this year, I will be sure to post some pics!

Thanks for making me feel welcome here!

~Kat~
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:04:36 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 Hi peeps
A beautiful day here even if I woke up too early.
Looks like I get to make the coffee today
*fills the coffee pot with the best coffee stashed behind the counter and water *
Yay it perks happily away
*fills my mug* caffeine is good!
The cookie jars are in good shape.
Not much is going on today so it looks like it might be a lazy laid-back kind of day.
Stay safe everyone hello2

Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 11:14:13 AM
Mendalla

Putting the kettle on for an afternoon tea. Nice of Sara to set up today. Not sure where Larry and Rump, aka the usual morning crowd, are. Dreamcatcher has a good comp entry up so give it a read if you have not already.

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 2:20:49 PM
DenimAngel

Mendalla wrote:
Putting the kettle on for an afternoon tea. Nice of Sara to set up today. Not sure where Larry and Rump, aka the usual morning crowd, are. Dreamcatcher has a good comp entry up so give it a read if you have not already.

Larry is out shopping I think for furniture and Rump is probably hiding under his AC in the Valley of the Sun

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 2:32:15 PM
Survivor

Good afternoon. We did go shopping and purchased a sofa and a recliner. Two different stores and delivery is quite different between the two. The sofa will be here in 8 to 10 weeks but the recliner will arrive in about 2 weeks.

I need some sweet tea.

flower
KatarinaTechgoddess
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 3:55:13 PM
KatarinaTechgoddess

Just stopping by to say hi! I'm in the process of trying to read all of the competition stories here. Such lovely stories, so far!

~Kat~
etairay
Posted: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 6:22:02 PM
etairay

hey hey beautiful folks ..what's happening hello2 ..I'm so tired ..these chairs are so comfy I could fall asleep ..don't mind me if I start snoring ..dribbling ..oh dear 😂😂😃

welcomes Welcome newbies, returning members, and regulars! 😃

..jitterbug ..jitterbug ..jitterbug ..jitterbug ..you put the boom boom into my heart (hoo, hoo) ..you send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts ..jitterbug into my brain (yeah, yeah) ..goes a bang-bang-bang 'til my feet do the same 🎶💃

Awesome ..I'll have tea please ..pleeeeeeease 😂😃 only if you're having one ..can't have a girl drink alone ..there's lemon pie, pineapple pie and cakes on the bench ..help yourself

Yesterday we got a call, inviting us to a birthday. So my dad in his wisdom decides to go over early ..very early. And there we were, he's happily chatting with his siblings and I'm helping with food ..like who does that ..good thing, I get along with my cousin sisters 😂😃

How are things with you ..I hope you're not doing too much and taking care of yourself. Love reading what everyone's doing ..such a joy, a mixture, comfort ..never fails to put a smile on my face ..today I decided to brighten your day hence the orange 😂😃 ..it's amazing the different things we're doing ..buying chairs ..recovering ..baking ..dying in the heat ..yet, we can come here and chill ..beautiful 😂😃

Oh that reminds me ..true story ..who is the team leader ..like ..I was exploring FB ..thought, look up stories space ..found two, joined both ..but one asked the famous question, 'who is your team leader' ..I laughed ..sissy asked ..I repeated the question ..she gave her answer ..I posted 😂😂😂😂😃 who knows what happened ..I'm not a FB regular ..just a funny story I wanted to share

Yikes ..sorry ..I better put a zip on it and drink my tea ..it's getting cold 😂😃

Remember ..be kind ..be supportive ..stay safe 😃

..oh come on then 2407_group_hug

Have a supadupa great day ..keep smiling ..stay positive.. push forwardhello1

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 2:52:26 AM
henrietta_fielding

Hello everyone!

Nice to see some 'new' faces in amongst the familiar ones!

It's raining here again today. But we might get a dry day tomorrow! *faints*

I'll grab a coffee and some of Sara's delicious cookies!
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 5:40:34 AM
Mendalla

Kettle is on, coffee urn is filled with fresh java, cookies and other goodies are out.

Nice day. Weather has turned cool here but I'm not complaining. I prefer that to the hot, steamy stuff.

Wrestling with the title for my new story. It will go up once I settle that, though my wrestling with the title has me rethinking the ending a bit, too.

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 6:05:27 AM
Survivor

It may be necessary to brew another pot of coffee and put on some more water to boil if we keep gaining visitors dropping by. Nice to see that happening.

There is a definite chill in the air now. It should not be Fall weather but it is feeling like it's creeping in. It is 62F/17C right now. I can't go out with just a tee-shirt with that. I am cold-blooded and need to be warm. So the jacket went on for our walkies this morning.

On Monday we will have a handyman coming in to do some work in the kitchen. Putting in stone countertops, a new stainless steel sink, and polished brass light fixtures. At least, I am expecting him. I do hope he is prepared to do the job. We've been waiting now since January. The corny virus plays havoc with many plans.

flower
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 11:46:32 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful day here.
Not much going on birds chirping and sun shining
A large iced coffee sounds yummy.
I have cookies today
I thought we could use some fun cookies :we have sugar cookies shaped like hearts and stars and lighthouses and seashells
They are diabetic friendly too
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
Good to see everyone here and to catch up on the news.
Stay safe everyone hello1

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 11:59:34 AM
Mendalla

Good afternoon. Weather continues lovely here.

Larry, we have actually been talking about doing our kitchen for a while now. Maybe once COVID blows over. I also have to find a contractor. The guy who replaced the back door and kitchen floor a couple years ago passed away back in January. Lovely English guy with a the best work ethic I have ever seen in an independent general contractor. Found him through work. My company used him for renos at offices in the area.

KatarinaTechgoddess
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 12:04:45 PM
KatarinaTechgoddess

Mmmmm, Sara has cookies!!! I could really use a cookie right now....just sayin' cat

Hope everyone is having a good day. It's another sticky day in paradise. Temp is 91, but feels like 105!

I've had people ask me if I'm safe here in Florida and that is really sweet! Hurricane-wise, we got about 20 minutes of heavy wind and rain on Saturday and that was pretty much it! Covid-19-wise, my county's confirmed cases is up only 8.8% since last week and that makes me feel a lot better. Our county has had a strict mask mandate, which has really helped in my opinion. The town I live in has had one case only. We have been so fortunate!! So, while the news would have people believing that all of Florida is in major crisis, I can honestly say, KNOCK ON WOOD that my little corner of the world feels quite safe right now.

I'm gonna munch on a cookie and then go check on my loggerhead nests!!

(Sara makes amazing cookies btw!)

~Kat~
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 1:20:11 PM
Mendalla

KatarinaTechgoddess wrote:
Mmmmm, Sara has cookies!!! I could really use a cookie right now....just sayin' cat

Hope everyone is having a good day. It's another sticky day in paradise. Temp is 91, but feels like 105!

I've had people ask me if I'm safe here in Florida and that is really sweet! Hurricane-wise, we got about 20 minutes of heavy wind and rain on Saturday and that was pretty much it! Covid-19-wise, my county's confirmed cases is up only 8.8% since last week and that makes me feel a lot better. Our county has had a strict mask mandate, which has really helped in my opinion. The town I live in has had one case only. We have been so fortunate!! So, while the news would have people believing that all of Florida is in major crisis, I can honestly say, KNOCK ON WOOD that my little corner of the world feels quite safe right now.

I'm gonna munch on a cookie and then go check on my loggerhead nests!!

(Sara makes amazing cookies btw!)

Sara's cookies are the best. Glad she shares them with us.

I guess even in the worst areas, there are pockets of calm. And the reverse can be true, too. At one point here in Ontario, almost all our COVID cases were in about 3 or 4 health units. Everyone else was basically under 5 a day, often 0. So pockets of chaos amidst the calm. That's shifted of late. We had a surge in cases though that seems to be dying down now.

Never seen a loggerhead (or other sea turtles) in the wild. We have some species of turtle around here that live in rivers and ponds and I do see them occasionally. Some of the larger rivers in Ontario, like the Grand, even have snappers.

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 6:26:16 AM
Survivor

There is some coffee brewing now and tea can be a possibility.

I am fortunate to live in a neighborhood that is urban but has a nature area across the street with three large ponds and a stream flowing under the road around the corner from me. In that wetland area are lots of animals. Raccoon tracks in the mud, deer, and I've seen muskrats. And we are in a city with around 100,000 people.

There have been several species of turtles seen there. I watched a large snapping turtle going upstream along the creek bed. I've seen herons and other water birds. I still see the work of beavers in the saplings that have been felled and stripped of branches.

Within ten minutes is a state park with a large lake and marina for boats of all kinds. Pelicans and gulls spend their time there.

The coffee should be ready by now.

flower
KatarinaTechgoddess
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 7:54:50 AM
KatarinaTechgoddess

Survivor wrote:

There is some coffee brewing now and tea can be a possibility.

I am fortunate to live in a neighborhood that is urban but has a nature area across the street with three large ponds and a stream flowing under the road around the corner from me. In that wetland area are lots of animals. Raccoon tracks in the mud, deer, and I've seen muskrats. And we are in a city with around 100,000 people.

There have been several species of turtles seen there. I watched a large snapping turtle going upstream along the creek bed. I've seen herons and other water birds. I still see the work of beavers in the saplings that have been felled and stripped of branches.

Within ten minutes is a state park with a large lake and marina for boats of all kinds. Pelicans and gulls spend their time there.

The coffee should be ready by now.

flower

I grew up in Detroit (actual city not suburbs) but was fortunate to live a half block from a huge park. So I had the best of both worlds growing up, and developed a love for woodland creatures.

But living right on the beach in the Gulf of Mexico has gifted me with all kinds of marine life including manatees, dolphins, tons of seabirds, and my favorite, the sea turtles!

I don’t drink coffee, but if that tea is possible, I’d love some!

~Kat~
Adagio
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 8:33:51 AM
Adagio

I grew up in the marshland of Georgia, talking to the wildlife and the cypress trees. Often visited by spirits of the manatees
gillianleeza
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 8:49:07 AM
gillianleeza

I would love to live on the beach and enjoy all those wonderful sea creatures.

I live in a typical suburban neighborhood hood I suppose, about a block from the Potomac River. It's an older one (my house was built in 1947) so there are mature trees surrounding everything. That lends itself to a large population of woodland creatures. deer, foxes, raccoons, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, snakes, and assorted bugs.

My county has over a million residents and Northern Virginia had the highest COVID numbers in the state for a while. The tidewater region now has that dubious title. My county has had over 16,000 cases and about 530 deaths so far. Sadly after trending down numbers are slowly creeping back upward.

I haven't done any baking the last two days. I concentrated on cooking instead. Made homemade pasta that I've used for a Chinese noodle dish, lasagna, and today ravioli. My youngest son moved back home a few months ago and when he isn't working loves to cook. He and I had a great time making all that pasta.

I did make some more cherry limeade. I am obsessed with that drink. Leaving a pitcher on the counter while I sneak away with a cookie or two or three.

Cheers Everyone!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 9:05:42 AM
Mendalla

We're near a small valley containing a creek that has decent wildlife. I've even found evidence of beaver down there and there are coyote warnings up at some of the entrances. Up in the neighbourhood itself, though, we seem to mainly get the usual urban wildlife: Skunks, coons, squirrels, various bird species. Deer come up from the valley occasionally but it has been years since I've seen one in the neighbourhood. My only deer sighting this year so far was on a trail along another creek a few km from my house while biking.

Ever had a story that you simply couldn't come with a good title for? I have been wracking my brain for like three days to come up with a title for a new story (for here). At present, it just has the name of one of the characters as the title but that doesn't really fit since both are relatively the same in importance.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 3:38:02 PM
henrietta_fielding

I'm lucky enough to live right by the sea. So, plenty of sea birds and marine life and, unpleasantly enough, huge amounts of jellyfish currently!

I must catch up with those comp entries!

I'll grab a lemon and ginger tea and some of Sara's splendid cookies.
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 4:07:42 PM
DenimAngel

Hi peeps
A beautiful day here . A large cherry limeade sounds good right about now
Not much going on here.
Scott with that title problem I usually use a song title or a line from the story.

Thank y'all so much for the compliments on the cookies

Only animals I see in my little town is cows and horses and bunnies and birds and little lizards
There is rumored to be elk but I haven't seen any
*peeks in the cookie jars * they look to be in good shape.
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

Stay safe everyone hello2

etairay
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 6:43:17 PM
etairay

..from the North to the South, Ebudæ into Khartoum ..from the deep sea of Clouds to the island of the moon ..carry me on the waves to the lands I've never been ..carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen ..we can sail, we can sail with the Orinoco Flow ..we can sail, we can sail ..(Sail away, sail away, sail away) 🎶

Afternoon folks hello2 how are we doing today ..hope this finds you all in good spirits and having a great day ..yay

It's Friday for me ..bring on the weekend ..woop woop 😂😃 Another planned weekend with family, so trying to get some chores in.

A quick visit before my afternoon movie with dad. Today's movie is Planet Of The Apes. Kettle is on ..anyone for a cuppa while I'm making hot drinks 😃 I made toasties for lunch ..nom nom 😂😃😋

Someone keeps looking so I better get going 😂😂😃 ..yeah yeah ..I'm coming ..he's so funny

Bring it in for Friday 2407_group_hug

Remember ..be kind ..be supportive ..stay safe 😃

flower bfn
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2020 6:43:55 AM
Rumple_deWriter

(Waves in the general direction of Australia.) Hi ya, Ms E! Got a question for you about your admonition to 'Be kind'. a fine thought, imo, but I'm wondering what sort of 'kind' you had in mind. Clarification would be 'depreciated'. ;)

Got a fresh pot of coffee and a kettle full of hot water for our tea sippers, coco-heads, and those looking to invigorate their Ramen noodles.

Sara, many thanks for the cookies.

And in the immortal words of the cartoon character 'Snagglepuss the Tiger' while exiting stage left, "TTFN" (ta-ta-for-now).

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2020 10:21:08 AM
Mendalla

etairay wrote:

..from the North to the South, Ebudæ into Khartoum ..from the deep sea of Clouds to the island of the moon ..carry me on the waves to the lands I've never been ..carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen ..we can sail, we can sail with the Orinoco Flow ..we can sail, we can sail ..(Sail away, sail away, sail away) 🎶

Oo, another Enya fan. I was just listening to her recently. Have even used her music in a church service (Caribbean Blue, I think).

Which Planet of the Apes? The original 1966? That movie is one of the reasons for my avatar. It is part of what got me interested in the great apes.

Tea time. No ramen here but some of Sara's cookies will go down nice.