Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 3:05:54 PM
Mendalla

And then there were eight. Yep, the ape's comp entry has gone up. Hmmm. Me thinks I shall celebrate with a tea and an orange fudge cookie.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-the-berry-girl-.aspx

My "Cheers to 10 Years" competition entries to date,

My Temple - A poem (40 words)
The Goddess Dances - Flash fantasy (873 words)
Something - Short Horror (2581 words)
etairay
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:26:08 PM
etairay

..heigh-ho ..heigh-ho ..it's home from work we go ..heigh-ho ..heigh-ho ..heigh-ho 😂😃🎶

Greetings oh lovely folks ..afternoon from windy Welly 😃 How is you ..is you fine? 😂😃

Today's afternoon movie with dad is, Double World, currently on Netflix. Snacks are Peckish crackers, Cadbury cookies, Snackaballs ..salted caramel, Whittaker's chocolate, Bluebird chippies and whatever you can find in the kitchen 😂😂😃 help yourself ..yep ..girls went shopping yesterday ..stocked up on our stash

Kettle's on ..making dad and I tea ..anyone want a cuppa while I'm at it ..feel free to help yourself ..might make toasties for lunch 😃👍

Better post and logout ..someone is waiting for his tea 😂😂😂 ..'nah Lisa, you do what you want to do ..stay on your phone ..don't worry about me' ..please old man 😂😂😃 gotta love him

Remember ..be kind ..be supportive ..stay safe!
Quickly now ..come come 2407_group_hug

Happy thoughts and positive vibes coming your way 😂😃 Smile!

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 6:28:13 AM
Survivor

It's great to have E back in full swing. Great fun, my friend.

I've got a pot of fresh coffee perking away at this moment. Should be ready in minutes and the hot water is in the tea kettle.

We had a rainy night but the mower is outside mowing the lawns right now. He has to keep to his schedule.

If it stays just a bit cooler we may be able to get out for a walk in our favorite nearby park.

flower

Here's my first entry in the cheers to 10 years ultrashort category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-on-guard-duty-.aspx

Here's my second entry in the cheers to 10 years ultrashort category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-classified-ad-.aspx

Here's my first entry in the cheers to 10 years flash category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-the-legend-of-lovers-lane-.aspx

Here's my third entry in the cheers to 10 years ultrashort category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-bibliophilia-.aspx

Here's my second entry in the cheers to 10 years flash category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/-the-wild-irises-were-in-bloom-.aspx

Here's my third entry in the cheers to 10 years flash category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-after-me-.aspx
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 8:17:21 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

It's great to have E back in full swing. Great fun, my friend.

Yep, she really livens up the place! Welcome back, etairay.

Eight entries in the comp. Not bad for a site that hasn't had one in over two years. I hope to see that climb over the rest of the summer.

Cooler here, today, with a chance of showers. Looks nice out right now, though.

Finally, after all my years here and there, figured out how to do a story banner in my sig. Not sure why it has taken me this long. See the results below.

* pours a tea and scarfs a couple random cookies *

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:31:32 PM
DenimAngel

hello2 hi peeps
A beautiful day here
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in my tummy right now.
The sun is shining and the birdies are chirping their pretty songs.
Even saw a pretty hummingbird

*peeking in the cookie jars * still in good shape .. No cookie bandits today.
*giving the adorable mascots fresh cold water and treats *

Good to see everyone here. Not much going on got chores done while waiting to get on here so now is time to chill and maybe write a little bit.
Stay safe everyone hello1

etairay
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 5:44:47 PM
etairay

..beep beep ..toot toot ..oh toodles hello2 hey hey ..how's it going ..I'm early today

*..boils the kettle ..grabs a cookie or two ..blonk on dad's lazy boy* ..so lil me was thinking ..I know right Whistle ..me and thinking help ..can I speak to the Coffee House owner please ..need to ask some serious questions ..are we wearing our masks ..distancing ourselves dontknow like ..are we wearing gloves ..I don't see any sanitisers 😂😂😂Lfunny ..and the list goes on book ..sorry I've been watching Karen/Kent clips 😂😂😂😃 don't mind me

Then next minute ..sign0024 E has been banned for not wearing her mask ..but guys ..I'm in my own home ..sad guys to me😂😂😃

Anyhoo ..it's a warm cloudy day here in Welly. I have done my morning chores, had breakfast and now chilling waiting for my dad. ..silence is golden but my eyes still see🎶

Story time ..only because you all love your coffee ..true story ..Monday night just gone, sitting around the table after dinner, my little sissy wanted a coffee. Up she gets ..decides on her Jed's Bean Bag (strength 5. Extra Strong) ..offers to make us hot drinks ..as you do 😂😃 ..yes please, I'll have green tea ..but stoopid me kept eyeing her coffee box ..ahm hey sissy, can I have one of your coffee instead ..made it worse, big bro asked to try it too. So there I was, brave girl, thinking I got this ..what the hell was I thinking ..seriously, what! Not only did it take me forever to finish my cup ..hello ..the dishes were done and I'm still at the table ..nah ..I had asked for treats to help me drink it ..oml 😱 heart attack material ..the treats were so rich. Exactly ..ask me what time I went to sleep sheepholy ..last time I checked, it was 3:39am ..not happy indeed 😂😂😃 Lesson Lisa ..do not try to be a hero and drink coffee. I'm sticking to my tea 😃 tea is my friend! cheerleader ..woop woop

Enough from me ..hey you, get in to my car ..who me ..yes you, get in to my car ..woooooooooh wah ..hey 🚗 ..who's that lady coming down the road ..beep beep ..toot toot ..bye y'al hello2 thanks for having me

Can you all fit into my car ..let's try 2407_group_hug some might need to stay off the coffee 😂😂😃 just choking

Be good ..take care ..stay positive and strong ..keep smiling 😃😁
Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!! 😃

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:20:35 AM
Mendalla

Strong coffee in the evening? Eek. I generally won't even drink black tea much past noon. I "go green" for teatime or dinner time. Have a super day yourself!

Tams has entered the comp and it's a terrific piece. Check it out on the front page. One nice thing about the low rate of production on here is that stories linger on the front page a while. Some other writing sites, your story is off the front page before you even know its published.

Morning tea and (checks jar) cookies time.

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 6:32:15 AM
Survivor

*HUGS*

Well, for me I drink coffee in the morning, mainly. My limit nowadays is three cups. If I drink more it will keep me awake in the evening. I have my afternoon tea.

Right now we have a fresh pot of coffee brewing, but the tea kettle is always there.

It's been raining all night and is still wet outside but we had our walkies as usual.

The contest is progressing nicely. It has been easy to keep up along with other posts by non-competitors.

flower

Here's my first entry in the cheers to 10 years ultrashort category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-on-guard-duty-.aspx

Here's my second entry in the cheers to 10 years ultrashort category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-classified-ad-.aspx

Here's my first entry in the cheers to 10 years flash category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-the-legend-of-lovers-lane-.aspx

Here's my third entry in the cheers to 10 years ultrashort category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/-bibliophilia-.aspx

Here's my second entry in the cheers to 10 years flash category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/-the-wild-irises-were-in-bloom-.aspx

Here's my third entry in the cheers to 10 years flash category: https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-after-me-.aspx
Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:20:35 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

The contest is progressing nicely. It has been easy to keep up along with other posts by non-competitors.

Yeah, that 500 word limit makes it easier to keep up with the entries.

I think it is getting near time for more tea. Apparently somebody in Poland has been attacking my firewall at home. Might the source of some weird Internet issues I am having. Waiting to hear from my ISP if they see anything from their side.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:24:11 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, Larry and greetings to all others who come stumbling in no matter the hour.

Since Sarah has the cookie situation covered and the aforementioned Survivor has gotten the coffee situation in hand, or mug as the case probably is, I'm gonna partake of both and go out and try to make of nuisance of myself. Company is welcome. ;)

HUGS to all who enter -- unless you dodge first.

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:49:40 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful day here. Gonna get out for a little bit for a walk and a quick trip to Dollar General.
Then some writing and reading today.
Working on my competition story should be ready by the weekend.
Other than that looks like a pretty chilled day.
I do have a fresh supply of cookies for all who drop in
*moving the cookies from the cookie jars to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter *
*cleaning out the jars and putting fresh yummy cookies in them*
In Big Bird we have :carrot cake cookies, pecan divines, peanut butter melts and lemon ginger cookies
In Cookie Monster we have carrot cake cookies, peanut butter drops, cappuccino royale and cinnamon apple whippersnappers
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
Hope everyone has a great day.
Stay safe hello2

etairay
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 9:14:11 PM
etairay

..hey hey lovely folks hello2 ..excuse the mess ..we're a bit short staff this afternoon

Welcome to SS Coffee House, located in the middle of Stories Space ..oh sorry ..don't mind me 😂😃

Today, to celebrate my dad's retirement, a splash of colour was needed for his surprise party ..it's ok 😂😃😜 I submitted a ticket to admin ..funding has been approved ..yay party002 ..owner was happy to offer his services to clean up thumbright you are the mantis! 😂😃

Seriously Lapplause kekekegay you guys are doing a great job cheerleader ..ladies on food duty ..gents on refreshments 😂😃 love it ..don't forget the kiddies corner ..face painting lady will be here later

Phew! ..it has been a very emotional afternoon but happy to be home 😃 ..good thing the boys have the kettle on ..going to raid the cookie jar 😂😃 me feel like dunking cookies in my tea ..anyone joining me ..help yourself

Aww bring it in please 2407_group_hug happy thoughts coming your way ..with ultra super warm smile! 😃

flower
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 5:10:44 AM
Rumple_deWriter

The Rumple-unit stumbles in through the back door which was, once again, not locked, forgets, once again, to turn on the lights, weaves his way to the coffee maker, prepares it in the approved manner, sets the kettle to kettling, then grabs some of Sarah's cookies to munch on while waiting for results.)

You know, following Etaira is a bit like coming on stage after the circus has exited to thunderous applause.

Hope all who enter a full of that old time TGIF spirit. If not, well, the coffee's ready for consumption and there may be a cookie or two left. Later.

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 5:31:18 AM
Mendalla

Best to your dad on his retirement, etairay. I'm getting there myself. Maybe 2025 or thereabouts. We'll see how the next few years go.

Tea and cookies to kick off a rather pleasant Friday, at least weather-wise.

Survivor
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 6:40:36 AM
Survivor

Good morning, all. Glad to see the coffee is ready. It's been rainy for the past day or so. Getting chilly to me outside. That will change I'm sure. Summer is still here.

I'll sit here with my coffee and think back. I retired from full-time work in 1997. I continued working part-time in the national guard until 2006. So I've been "thriving" in retirement for the past 14 years. Never missed working.

The entries to our contest have dropped. Surely we have a lot more people who want to enter a contest that is so open to virtually any story idea. All you need to do is use the list of words in your story. I hope we see more folks drop by soon.

I know two ladies who are planning to enter. They simply need to get their writing done. Plenty of time.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 8:03:19 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

The entries to our contest have dropped. Surely we have a lot more people who want to enter a contest that is so open to virtually any story idea. All you need to do is use the list of words in your story. I hope we see more folks drop by soon.

I know two ladies who are planning to enter. They simply need to get their writing done. Plenty of time.

Sprite mentioned possibly entering. Not sure if that's one of your two or not. Sara said upthread she's aiming for this weekend. I knew this would be smaller field than we are used to given the size of SS and there's over a month to go so I am not too worried. And, hey, if there's only the 10 entries we have, then everyone is in the top 10. drunken And it's a pretty good field so far. I have a couple favorites (not including my own) already.

Finished my Scottish breakfast tea and on to some wakucha.

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 11:30:06 AM
DenimAngel

Hi peeps hello1
A beautiful day here not much going on
Scamps latest sheginans have been submitted
Now to get the competition story finished.
Not much going on today I'll give Dodie a hand getting out the rent statements to her other tenants since she took a bad fall this morning.
*peeking in the cookie jars *still in pretty good shape
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

E congrats on your dad's retirement!
Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!
Stay safe grommit

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 11:42:13 AM
Mendalla

New Scamp and a comp entry? You're keeping busy.

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 12:02:36 PM
DenimAngel

Mendalla wrote:
New Scamp and a comp entry? You're keeping busy.

Scamp's adventure is up and waiting for attention

Do you know what happens when I don't stay busy (giggles)

etairay
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 2:40:13 AM
etairay

..peek a boo 👻..I can see you

Hey hey everybody hello2 welcome to the weekend ..yippeeeeee

How's everyone doing ..did you get a good night's rest ..ready to rock and roll this morning 😂😃 ..wakey wakey ..shake it, shake it 💃

My Saturday is almost over. Chores this morning, then shopping with sissy in the afternoon, now having a break from prep work 😂😃 Another Sunday birthday which means a big feast. Seriously at this rate, they will need a wheelbarrow to move me 😂😂😂😃 oh dear

Hey ..I just realised, this is a coffee shop ..should I open a 'Tea House' 😂😂😃 ..like ..here I am ..making myself right at home in here as if I own the place ..but then 😂😃 I can ..'home away from home' right

Kettle is on ..anyone want a cuppa while I'm up 😃 ..I make a mean cup of coffee 😂😃 promise I won't make you tea 😅

Sheesh ..my girls are so nosey 😂😃 better log out before one of them takes my phone ..eggs

Goodnight huggle 2407_group_hug

Please have a supadupa fantastic day! BFN 👋

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 6:41:46 AM
Mendalla

Please make tea. I don't touch coffee save from a safe distance. Using tongs. While wearing a face shield. Just ask my son, the family coffee drinker.

No big plans here. Might cut the grass but my walk last night irritated a problem in my foot so maybe not.

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 7:51:37 AM
Survivor

We are always clear that the Coffee House is a gathering place for all gentle souls in need of succor. Whether in the form of coffee or tea, or even soda pop. It is fine.

I'll be nursing my cuppa java this morning. Nicely cooling weather around here. At least for the month of August. It's 75F/24C degrees presently.

Have a great day, folks.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 8:51:25 AM
Mendalla

Just back from an hour on my bike. Nice ride but came home with a sore finger. Some <censored><censored> wasp collided with my finger and decided that constituted me attacking it or something. Just stings though and very little inflammation. Almost wonder if I knocked it off before it got much venom in or something. I'm not seriously allergic anyhow based on past experience.

gillianleeza
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 9:27:50 AM
gillianleeza

I only drink fictional coffee, could never acquire a taste for the stuff. I enjoy the aroma.

I am not a fan of hot tea but will drink ice tea on occasion.

Another day that might not reach the nineties but it's already 85 degrees and 70 percent humidity outside and it is only noon. More showers expected this afternoon. Doesn't do a thing to cool it down but my garden needs it.

Nothing going on, still can't spend time out on the bay. Way too many jellyfish still clogging up everything. If I can't swim I don't enjoy being out in the heat.

I switched up my baking, today it's bread, not desserts. I got so excited when I found yeast. That's a weird thing for every store to be out of.

I'll leave a warm french baguette on the counter along with some honey butter I whipped up. Enjoy.

Cheers Everyone!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 9:36:36 AM
Rumple_deWriter

What's with all this talk about tea? You'd think this was a road show version of 'Tea House of the August Moon' or some such.

BTW, thanks to my tireless research, I'm here to tell y'all that here on the first day in August,the moon is in a Waxing Gibbous phase and will rise about sunset around here. No charge for that lunar service.

Now that I've acted the fool, I'll grab a cup of coffee and a couple cookies and go sit in the corner. ;) Later.

glasses8

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 10:16:24 AM
DenimAngel

Hi peeps *yawns*
must have coffee... Too early for nonsense this morning neighbors are almost gone yipee!
Ooo honey butter. * Slices some of the French baguette and putting honey butter on it * YUM!
Today's offerings in the cookie jars are
Sugar cookies in fun shapes . We got sunglasses, hearts, stars and rainbows
*moving what's left of the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins and putting the fresh cookies in the cookie jars filling them to the tippy top *
They are diabetic friendly too!
*giving the adorable critters fresh cold water and treats *
STAY SAFE EVERYONE! hello1

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2020 6:24:41 AM
Survivor

Good morning, all.

The coffee is percolating. Should be ready soon.

I think I am going shopping for furniture today. I just have to decide where. We live in a sort of furniture store desert. The nearest real furniture store is at least 45 miles away. Which direction? That's one of the problems. But the weather is being helpful. It's 70F/21C degrees right now and won't get over 80 this afternoon.

Have a great day, folks.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2020 11:31:55 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful day here
The birds are chirping and the sun is shining.
A large iced coffee sounds yummy!
It's so nice not to have noisy neighbors anymore.
Not much going on here. Might work on a few scribbles
*peeking in the cookie jars * looks in good shape
Larry I hope you have fun shopping for furniture
Stay safe everyone hello2

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2020 12:56:46 PM
AnnaMayZing

Happy Sunday, everyone.
I was flicking around YouTube when I chanced across the wonderful Tammy Wynette.
I thought I would drop it in here for all you country music fans to enjoy.
Enjoy what remains of the weekend. hello2 hello1

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2020 1:00:44 PM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

The nearest real furniture store is at least 45 miles away.

Ugh. And I thought we had it rough with all the furniture stores being at the opposite end of the city from us. Now, if we want Ikea, then it is about that far. They keep passing over London for new stores and even took away the catalogue fulfillment centre they opened a while back. That said, I've been to the one in Ottawa to buy stuff for my son's place and found it a bit overwhelming. But those meatballs...drunken

So, does anyone else have the first Monday in August off or is that purely a Canadian thing? Hopefully the weather improves tomorrow so I can get my bike going but the forecast isn't promising.

Time for some green tea and cookies.