Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 5:02:42 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 Hey Peeps
A late drop in. It was a productive busy day and boy am I all tuckered out
Grocery shopping and she wanted to go look at a flea market thing .
I got all the groceries I needed and found a couple of things I didn't need (ke)
You know how that goes.
But I do have fresh cookies since the cookie jars are looking a little empty at the moment so
In Big bird we have pecan divines, oatmeal raisin, orange fudge and strawberry vanilla pinwheels
In cookie Monster we have strawberry vanilla pinwheels, ginger snaps, oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip with banana cookies
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
I'm staying in for the rest of the weekend people were nuts out there today.
You would think they would have some common sense
Oh my goodness those birdies are so cute Scott
Y'all stay safe hello1

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 8:44:18 AM
Survivor

It's a quiet Sunday. The coffee is good today. Please have a cup or some of the teas that Scott seems to have stocked on the shelves. Also, plenty of Sara's cookies still to be eaten.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Here's my latest story you might enjoy.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-into-the-night-.aspx

Here's a story Series I created that is called The Education of Mindy. This is the first story.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-mindy-learns-part-one-.aspx
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 1:11:42 PM
Mendalla

I have a very good source for tea here in London so, yeah, I've been restocking. Both here and at home. With David's Tea in decline (badly), I'm glad I found a local business to support.

Hmmm. I think I shall have an orange fudge pinwheel.

My latest, here for your enjoyment:

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 1:18:33 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi peeps
A beautiful day here
A large iced coffee would be great.
It's been a long day since my dumb ol neighbors don't have manners.. Making noise at 7am doesn't make for a happy camper.
*peekin in the cookie jars * still in good shape I see. No cookie bandits today
*giving the adorable mascots fresh cold water and treats *
Stay safe and have a fabulous day everyone hello1

etairay
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 11:29:38 PM
etairay

Hey hey gorgeous SS family and friends ..like seriously, they are the cutest ..lucky folks

Apologies I was not around much yesterday, hectic day being Sunday. Family attended church then usual family lunch up at mum and dad's 😃❤ made special because of my little sissy birthday 😂🎉 ..oops got carried away and made too much food isjda ..oh well, leftovers for dinner tonight 😃

Oml 😱 ..going shopping with my dad is the cutest ..crazy man ..he is in his own little world ..bless his beautiful heart 😃😍 gotta love him ..he questioned everything that went into the trolley ..do we need it, what's it for, we don't need it, we still have some ..and you wonder why his girls walk away or send him off to find a product that is hard to find 😂😂😃

Anyhoo Monday today, spent it cleaning my house and catching up on washing. I have the kettle on ..tea anyone ..you cannot go wrong with tea 😃 with loads of leftover treats ..healthy living everybody 😅😋

Ok folks ..remember ..be kind ..be supportive ..and stay safe please! 😃

Bring it in 2407_group_hug ..smile, I'm smiling right back at ya!! 😃

Survivor
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 6:27:18 AM
Survivor

Good morning here in the Mid-west. The coffee is ready. There is always hot water available.

I'm having my first cuppa now. No plans for the day. I might write, then again, might not.

Be safe, folks.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Here's a story Series I created that is called The Education of Mindy. This is the first story.

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 1:28:47 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful even though it's cloudy day
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
Not much going on today. I have a pesky earache but it will go away eventually
With E leaving treats and fresh cookies in the cookie jars everyone should be set for a bit
*moving the leftover cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars with fresh yummy sugar cookies *
We have cookies shaped like hearts, butterflies, flowers, a dog bone that says Woof and paw prints
The cookies are diabetic friendly too.
*giving the adorable mascots fresh cold water and paw print treats made especially for them *
Hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying the day grommit

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 2:14:19 PM
Mendalla

This eighties classic pretty much sums it up. Yes, this is Prince's own version, even though the Bangles made it famous.

Time for a tea and some cookies.

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 2:17:35 PM
Mendalla

Prince and the Revolution live with one of my favorite of his compositions, the title track from the score for his movie Purple Rain.

etairay
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 6:22:35 PM
etairay

Hey hey Sunshines ..beautiful delicious folks! hello2

Good afternoon from the capital, Windy Welly! 😃 how are we doing this fine new day. Having a simple light lunch with my dad 😃❤ bless his heart. He came home with round banana pancakes and coconut cream buns ..help yourself, they're on the kitchen counter ..kettle is on ..I've got my cuppa 🍵Enjoy! 😃

Ok SS familia ..this chick needs to focus on what her dad is saying 😂😃

Remember ..be kind ..be supportive ..stay safe please!

Aww ..you know me ..can't leave without one 2407_group_hug ..yay ..thank you!

Have a supadupa fantastic day folks ..stay positive and strong! thumbright Don't forget to smile 😷

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:17:07 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi peeps
A beautiful day here.
*looking at the coffee pot and scratching my head * hmm *puts the water andcoffee in the right places and crossing my fingers *
Yay coffee is made.
*making a large iced coffee * yum
E thanks for the treats we have a little critter friend (molly the monkey) who loves banana pancakes.
*grabs a coconut cream bun and a banana pancake *
*peeks in the cookie jars * cookies are in good shape
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
Have a beautiful day and stay safe everyone hello2

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:10:30 PM
Rumple_deWriter

Ah, the Sweet E has come and gone and on a day when I was otherwise occupied. :( Just more proof life can be cruel to the young and beautiful and a total bitch to the rest of us. ;)

Sarah, don't know how you hilltoppers are doing, but down here in the valley, the low temps are something like 91f which,IMO, is NOT a goodness.

Think I'll make some iced coffee, grab a few cookies and go sit in the chest-high freezer for awhile.

Y'all don't be a fool -- stay cool -- at least on this side of the equator.

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:37:20 PM
Mendalla

Had to actually go to the office today. Masks required except when I'm at my own desk or eating (we are in healthcare so company supplies medical masks). Anyone else have a weird urge to carry a scalpel and ask random passersby for clamp when you got those things on? Or did I just watch too many hospital shows?

Weather is nice. Bit warmer than yesterday but still in my comfort zone.

DenimAngel wrote:
we have a little critter friend (molly the monkey) who loves banana pancakes.

Ape like banana pancakes, too.

Actually, I used to make blueberry banana pancakes. These days I only put blueberries in. Not sure why we stopped with the bananas.

* takes a cream bun and makes a green tea *

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 3:51:15 PM
AnnaMayZing

Hi everyone.
Good to see you all keeping well.
I had a good day, today.
First, My granddaughter's eleventh birthday and we were able to visit. Enjoyed it so much.
Second, I completed the 1000th page of my Nurses story.

Our wonderful government has now decided to make it mandatory to wear masks in shops and supermarkets... from the Twenty-fourth of July!
Hell, that should have been done months ago! dontknow

Well, you guys keep looking after yourselves. I'll drop in again soon.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 7:02:58 PM
Mendalla

AnnaMayZing wrote:

Our wonderful government has now decided to make it mandatory to wear masks in shops and supermarkets... from the Twenty-fourth of July!

Ontario has left it up to municipal health officers and governments to decide. So Ottawa, where my son lives, requires masks on public transportation and in all indoor public spaces like stores while London, where I am, is only doing it for public transportation (transit, taxis, Ubers) and "close up" transactions like haircuts and manicures.

gillianleeza
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:09:35 PM
gillianleeza

Virginia has had a mask mandate for a while now. Most people are wearing a mask. I occasionally see someone without one. I do see quite a few people who don't have it pulled up over their nose. Sigh..

I made the mistake of trying to do my eyebrows today. It was not a successful experiment.

I need to stop stress baking or step up my physical activity. Long walks are no longer going to be enough.

Today I made blueberry scones and a blueberry sour cream coffee cake. I'm taking advantage of farmer's markets being open.

I'll leave some on the counter.

Cheers Everyone!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 12:43:58 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone!
A beautiful day here. The birdies are chirping their pretty songs and the sun is shining
*makes the coffee and puts the kettle on for tea *
A large iced coffee and a hunk of the blueberry sour cream coffeecake YUM!!
*moving the leftover cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter*
Always good to have a emergency stash. The cookie tins have been cleaned out and resupplied with the sugar cookies from the other day *

Yikes Elizabeth doing your own eyebrows could be a scary experiment. But I'm sure you are just as pretty
Scott the governor of Arizona hasn't made the mask wearing mandatory a lot of people are wearing them in the stores and other public places.
Anna happy birthday to your granddaughter .

I have cookies to go along with the other treats.

In Big Bird we have blueberry crunch cookies, carrot cake cookies, airy berry cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies
In Cookie Monster we have blueberry crunch cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, ginger snaps and pineapple coconut whippersnappers

*giving the adorable mascots fresh cold water and treats *
Stay safe everyone hello2

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 2:16:50 PM
Mendalla

* scarfs a couple blueberry crunches *

Good afternoon. How's life? Warming up here again, but still not up to last week's levels.

Hump day has come and is now going and I'm still alive and functional. Stage 3 looms here in Ontario...After what happened in the US, I'm not entirely happy about this.

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:02:35 PM
elizabethblack

Mendalla wrote:
* scarfs a couple blueberry crunches *

Good afternoon. How's life? Warming up here again, but still not up to last week's levels.

Hump day has come and is now going and I'm still alive and functional. Stage 3 looms here in Ontario...After what happened in the US, I'm not entirely happy about this.

I absolutely KNOW you are all smarter anywhere in Canada than we are here. We have had 20 days of 90 or more, tomorrow will tie the record.

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 6:08:56 PM
elizabethblack

Mendalla wrote:
AnnaMayZing wrote:

Ontario has left it up to municipal health officers and governments to decide. So Ottawa, where my son lives, requires masks on public transportation and in all indoor public spaces like stores while London, where I am, is only doing it for public transportation (transit, taxis, Ubers) and "close up" transactions like haircuts and manicures.

I may have to take back what I said above. You are sounding more and more like fractured USA. At least Walmart has finally made mandatory masks starting July 20. And they will even provide you with one. Now if they could get someone to show them how to wear it over both nose and mouth. Nah.....pipe-dream.

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:45:34 PM
Mendalla

elizabethblack wrote:

I absolutely KNOW you are all smarter anywhere in Canada than we are here. We have had 20 days of 90 or more, tomorrow will tie the record.

The province of Ontario is still over 100 new confirmed cases a day but they are concentrated in 3 or 4 municipalities, mostly in and around Toronto. Most of the rest have 0 most days, including London.

elizabethblack wrote:
I may have to take back what I said above. You are sounding more and more like fractured USA. At least Walmart has finally made mandatory masks starting July 20. And they will even provide you with one. Now if they could get someone to show them how to wear it over both nose and mouth. Nah.....pipe-dream.

Within each province, things tend to be pretty uniform. Ontario is odd in leaving some of these decisions to the municipal level. Quebec, for instance, put in a province-wide mask order a few days ago. Some stores are doing the same up here though, oddly, not the Canadian arms of Costco and Walmart. We wear them shopping anyhow. I actually haven't been inside a Walmart in months. The local ones all had curbside pickup even before COVID so when we need stuff from there, we just put in an online order and do a pickup run.

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:00:43 AM
Survivor

Good morning. Had to do a system update to my Mac this morning. Now I'm ready to go with a fresh cuppa java.

Have a great day.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:54:54 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 Hi everyone
A beautiful even though it's overcast here kind of day
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in my tummy
Not much going on here today so maybe a story might get finished
I do have fresh cookies today
*moving the cookies from the jars to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter *
Today's cookies offering is
In Big Bird we have peanut butter and banana cookies, snickerdoodles, snow puffs and blueberry coconut cookies
In Cookie Monster we have peanut butter and banana cookies, molasses crackles, snowflake and ice cookies and ginger snaps
*filling the cookie jars to the tippy top and giving the adorable critters fresh cold water and treats *
I hope everyone is having a great day and staying safe happy8

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2020 1:55:43 PM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

Had to do a system update to my Mac this morning. Now I'm ready to go with a fresh cuppa java.

Hope it went well. I approach system updates with trepidation but I am also dealing with Windows where updates are often as damaging to your computer as malware.confused1 Just read up on the trials and tribulations of those testing Windows 10 update 2004 if you don't believe me (I am on 1909 and not budging until MS gets it fixed).

Cookies and tea time. Hmmm. * takes a peanut butter banana cookie and a ginger snap *

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2020 2:09:24 PM
AnnaMayZing

Mendalla wrote:
elizabethblack wrote:

The province of Ontario is still over 100 new confirmed cases a day but they are concentrated in 3 or 4 municipalities, mostly in and around Toronto. Most of the rest have 0 most days, including London.

elizabethblack wrote:

Within each province, things tend to be pretty uniform. Ontario is odd in leaving some of these decisions to the municipal level. Quebec, for instance, put in a province-wide mask order a few days ago. Some stores are doing the same up here though, oddly, not the Canadian arms of Costco and Walmart. We wear them shopping anyhow. I actually haven't been inside a Walmart in months. The local ones all had curbside pickup even before COVID so when we need stuff from there, we just put in an online order and do a pickup run.

Just a quick note, whilst the USA has a high death rate, the more important number of deaths per hundred thousand of the population is way lower than the UK. In that graph, we are almost at the top. 😥
However, on a brighter note, I have just posted the next chapter of my saga! That's got to be worth celebrating, right? kekekegay

Another milestone is that it contains the 1000th page of the overall tale! See? Quantity not quality! erm... is that what I mean...? dontknow d'oh!

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2020 2:23:41 PM
Survivor

Mendalla wrote:
Survivor wrote:

Had to do a system update to my Mac this morning. Now I'm ready to go with a fresh cuppa java.

Hope it went well. I approach system updates with trepidation but I am also dealing with Windows where updates are often as damaging to your computer as malware.confused1 Just read up on the trials and tribulations of those testing Windows 10 update 2004 if you don't believe me (I am on 1909 and not budging until MS gets it fixed).

Cookies and tea time. Hmmm. * takes a peanut butter banana cookie and a ginger snap *

I have not used a PC since I had an IBM PC at my hospital data processing center back in the 1970s. That was MS-DOS. I've never used it since. In the 1980s I had a Centris 610 Apple product. In the 21st century, I've always had MacBook Pros. I had some problems recently that have been very annoying but overall it's been pretty good. I am on the macOS Catalina version 10.15.6 now.

Always more cookies from Sara. Nice.

Staring on tea this afternoon.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2020 6:06:00 PM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

I have not used a PC since I had an IBM PC at my hospital data processing center back in the 1970s. That was MS-DOS. I've never used it since.

Must have been in the 80s, Larry. The IBM PC (and DOS with it) came out in '81. clown

I sometimes miss DOS but then I have move a bunch of files and remember what a joyous pain "copy" could be without dragging and dropping.

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2020 6:27:20 PM
DenimAngel

Mendalla wrote:
Survivor wrote:

I have not used a PC since I had an IBM PC at my hospital data processing center back in the 1970s. That was MS-DOS. I've never used it since.

Must have been in the 80s, Larry. The IBM PC (and DOS with it) came out in '81. clown

I sometimes miss DOS but then I have move a bunch of files and remember what a joyous pain "copy" could be without dragging and dropping.

I'm so lost with the computer speak!
*grabs a couple snow puffs and a snowflake and ice cookies and happily munching away in my favorite chair *

etairay
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2020 11:24:22 PM
etairay

Howdy scrumptious folks 😂😃 did y'al miss me hello2

So Wednesday was my parents wedding anniversary. Sad day since it's the first without my beloved mum. Never fear peeps, I picked myself up, smiled at the storm, put on my big girl panty, straighten my ponytail ..through sadness, random tears and unexpected meh moments ..I soldier on. Dad and I had lunch with her 😃❤ Then took my dad to visit family which put a smile on his face and shorten the day 😂😃 Later I slaved over dinner, making most of my parent's favourite food. Yikes ..made a little too much ..oh well, she would've loved it 😂😃😢

To top it off, we have a death in the family 😢 So it's a juggling act, trying to do the right thing to represent my mum ..like really ..but mustn't slow down or hesitate ..no time to be stopping ..no sir 😂😂😂 ..go ..go ..go ..I made a nice meal to take over yesterday ..again made way too much 😃 I think cooking just helps me center myself 😂😃

Today is Friday ..there's apple crumble so help yourself 😃 I made roast pork, cream chicken, egg fu yung and raw fish in coconut cream 😂😂😂 ..I know ..made too much ..sheesh so leaving dessert behind 😂😃 This is what I get with a dad like mine and a mum to go with it ..RIL mum 😃❤ ..I miss her ..no crying ..no!! 😢

Better go deliver the food 😂😃 ..stay strong ..stay safe ..stay positive!
I can't without ..??? ..you know it ..2407_group_hug

Remember ..be kind ..be supportive! 😂😃

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 4:02:40 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Ms E, you've had just about more on your plate recently than a body could say grace over. For all you've had to put up with and for the classy way you've handled all that travail, here's a big cyber HUG.

Of course, that apple crumb is also a major goodness, imo. ;)

The coffee pot is full of caffinated bliss even if I did make it my own self. There's also a tea kettle full of simmering hot water for the tea sippers among us. Help yourself.

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding