Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2020 6:46:05 AM
Survivor

The coffee is freshly brewed and the water is hot. Plenty of Sara's cookies still left to share.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Here's my latest story you might enjoy.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-into-the-night-.aspx

Here's a story Series I created that is called The Education of Mindy. This is the first story.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-mindy-learns-part-one-.aspx
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2020 6:51:42 AM
Rumple_deWriter

It's a TGIF morning in Inspirations. Y'all be sure to share some (inspirations, that is, not Sara's cookies).

Anybody have any info on the Survivor? He's one tough nut but pain hurts.

Anyway, coffee's ready for drinking and there's hot water for the tea and coco crowd. Add in a few of Sara's cookies and you got a snack to be savored.

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2020 2:38:34 PM
Mendalla

Damn, Sara hasn't been in, yet. * checks cookies jars and scarfs last lemon bar *

How's things? Wrote a battle scene set in the milieu of "Night of the Wind". In fact, it's a flashback to Dev's past that will likely be part of a new story about him. We shall see. IOW, I am writing and things may be coming.

Lovely day here, which was unexpected. They were originally calling for us to get a week of showers and rain.

My latest, here for your enjoyment:

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2020 2:45:43 PM
DenimAngel

flower Howdy folks
A large sweet tea is prefect for this beautiful sunshine day
Not much going on here.
Helped a friend get down about a bazillion canning jars out of cupboard and I was a guinea pig for a couple new recipes.

Todays cookies are sugar cookies with pretty sprinkles shaped like palm trees.sunglasses.ice cream cones.cupcakes and sunbursts. They are diabetic friendly too
*filling big bird and cookie monster jars to the tippy top *
*gives the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.hello1

gillianleeza
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2020 7:09:28 PM
gillianleeza

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and thoughts. My Mom is doing well and the rest of my family is healthy. I really can't ask for more right now.

Larry, I hope you are feeling better.

Sare, the cookies all sound delicious.

The weather here is beautiful today except for the high pollen counts. I was going to go out but since I am sneezing I don't want to alarm other people.

I've been cooking and baking a lot. I have a new favorite cookbook author, Tieghan Gerard. Half-Baked Harvest is the name of her latest cookbook. I followed her on Instagram first and have not had one recipe that didn't turn out well.

Tonight it was Roasted Lemon Artichoke and Brown Butter Pasta.

I hope everyone is healthy and safe tonight.

I'll take a few cookies and have a lemonade.

Cheers.

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2020 4:20:48 AM
henrietta_fielding

Last week somehow got really busy, so I'm just catching up with everyone's news. Hugs to you, Gill!

Larry, so sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital. I do hope they are getting to the bottom of the symptoms and most importantly, the pain levels are being dealt with. Hugs to you too!

Sara, I hope your writer's block eases soon and Scott, glad you are writing!

Hi to Elizabeth and Bill and anyone I've missed! I'll grab a coffee and one of Sara's wonderful cookies.
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2020 8:30:54 AM
Rumple_deWriter

It's Saturday, there's hot coffee and cookies and I've finished moving if not settling in. Y'all keep Larry in your thoughts and prayers. These days just about everybody needs some good vibes sent their way, just ask Gill, but try to save a few for our, Survivor.

glasses8,

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2020 2:08:53 PM
DenimAngel

flower howdy folks
A beautiful sunny day here on my little mountain
A large sweet tea would be great
Great to see everyone and catch up on what's going on.
Not much going on today might get some reading done.

I have cookies! *looks in the empty jars* good thing too.
Fills Big Bird with :chocolate orange cookies, molasses ginger cookies,lemon cookies and pumpkin snickerdoodle
Fills Cookie Monster with :chocolate butterscotch cookies, frosted ginger cookies, molasses crunch cookies and pumpkin snickerdoodles
*gives the adorable mascots fresh water and fun shaped treats*

Stay safe everyone grommit

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2020 3:51:32 PM
henrietta_fielding

Will definitely keep our Larry in my thoughts and prayers, Bill.

Glad you are moved, but I'm sure it will take a wee while to get settled in. Hope your wife is doing well.

Sara, those cookies sound so delicious I'll think I'll have one of each with my lemon and ginger tea.
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2020 4:21:19 PM
Survivor

My oncologist called me on Friday to find out how I was doing. From what I understand when a person gets this condition, which presents as edema (a swelling) in the pelvic region, the only thing to do is find a level of pain medications to manage the pain. The pain is in the mesentery of the adjacent bowel loops. I keep thinking I have found the appropriate pain meds and then it stops working. I will send her another message on Monday to discuss my health.

It usually lasts for a week, so if I am lucky it will get better by Tuesday.

I will try to keep on getting on. Whistle

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Here's a story Series I created that is called The Education of Mindy. This is the first story.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 6:58:13 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Larry, this is just my humble opinion, but have you considered giving up constant pain as your hobby of choice? ;)

Coffee's ready for consumption and the tea kettle is full of hot water for the tea and coco crowd. Best I can tell, a representative sampling of Sara's most excellent cookies are available.

Y'all do the best you know how.

glasses8.

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 7:17:37 AM
Survivor

Hi, folks. It is incredibly hard to explain what is going on in one's body without using medical terms. Just as anyone does I look up each term for the definition and then try to work out what I can do about it.

As I have tried to explain here in the coffeehouse the radiologist has found edema (swelling) on the mesentery which is an organ that attaches to the small intestine and the wall of the abdomen. It is clear that the only treatment for having pain in this organ, presumably caused by the swelling, is pain medication. And this condition seems to last about a week. So we will discuss it again tomorrow, see if there are better pain meds available.

People always want to get a good solution to the problem. My fear is that there is no cure. I will perhaps learn to live with it and moderate it.

Now it is time for some freshly made coffee.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 7:48:00 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

As I have tried to explain here in the coffeehouse the radiologist has found edema (swelling) on the mesentery which is an organ that attaches to the small intestine and the wall of the abdomen. It is clear that the only treatment for having pain in this organ, presumably caused by the swelling, is pain medication. And this condition seems to last about a week. So we will discuss it again tomorrow, see if there are better pain meds available.

Ugh. Hate those conditions where the only solution is "relieve symptoms and wait". Take care and hope you and your doc can work something out.

Nice day here. Just relaxing and doing some admin work on the board where I am part of the "staff". The link is on my profile, I think, and my profile there links to here. There's some folks there who like my writing.

Tea and some cookies. I'll be over here by the fire.

elizabethblack
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 12:50:19 PM
elizabethblack

Mendalla wrote:

Nice day here. Just relaxing and doing some admin work on the board where I am part of the "staff". The link is on my profile, I think, and my profile there links to here. There's some folks there who like my writing.

Of course the folks like your writing. No surprise to me. I am happy you have hooked them up here.

I am so upset with the horror of mass shooting has become part of your country. Very sorry. Thank goodness there is a chance of getting rid of automatic weapons in your legislature.

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2020 3:40:41 PM
DenimAngel

Howdy folks flower
A large sweet tea
Not much going on here. A quiet day here just hanging out watching Netflix.

My neighbor left me a present on the doorstep (soup and crackers) then my friend Jolene stopped by with Pepsi and chocolate.
So its been a busy day. Hoping to get some writing done.

I have cookies (better late than never)
In Big Bird we have :peanut butter blossoms, cinnamon stars, almond joy cookies and lemon ginger cookies
In Cookie Monster we have :chocolate pecan bar cookies, honey drop cookies, lemon ginger cookies and peanut butter blossoms
*givimg the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
Hope everyone is staying safe and trying to have a fabulous day
grommit

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2020 7:53:36 AM
Rumple_deWriter

It's another Monday Mourning. While that is a major drag, on the good news side are the cookies Sara dropped off yesterday (I'm anxious to try those Almond Joy ones) and there's fresh coffee and hot water for the tea and coco crowd.

Keep the old Survivor in your thoughts, prayers, meditations'good vibe' teleportation,, absent-minded musing, etc..

Later fellow Inspirators.

:gglasses8:

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2020 10:52:22 AM
AnnaMayZing

I believe someone has a birthday today...

Happy Birthday, Scott. occasion1 occasion9 occasion7 occasion4 occasion6

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2020 12:18:18 PM
DenimAngel

Howdy folks
A quiet Monday here on my little mountain
Hope everyone is having a great day!
Happy Birthday Scott
In honor of the birthday Ape
I brought carrot cake birthday cake

*sits the cakes on the counter *
*gives the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*

Stay safe everyone

Sugarbaby
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2020 9:25:24 PM
Sugarbaby

Hey everyone! I hope the big birthday boy didn't eat all the cake.

Me and Daisy will eat what's left.

Nothing much happening around here, just the snow melting. Still no chicken or BEEF in the stores.
But as long as we all stay safe. I brought the ice cream Daisy. It's Peep flavored.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 6:01:36 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Has anyone else noticed at Cinco de Mayo (May 5' is occurring on a 'Taco Tuesday'? I'm beginning to think Larry may have some serious 'pull' in certain places. ;)

Back in the 'no-pull' world that is, Inspirations, the coffee is ready and downright drinkable, if I do say so myself. Water for the tea and coco crowd is hot to trot, so to speak.

Later, amigos.

glasses8

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 12:38:22 PM
DenimAngel

Howdy folks flower
Happy Cinco de Mayo !
A large tea to start the day off

Not much going on here . Just kind of avoiding cleaning out the fridge of leftovers to do my grocery shopping tomorrow. It has to get done just not right now (lol)

Yay a reason to make fun cookies ( I LOVE COOKIE CUTTERS)
today's fun cookies are taco, margarita, sombero and pinata shaped
*filling the cookie jars to the tippy top *
*giving the adorable mascots pet friendly shaped taco shaped treats and fresh water *
Hope everyone has a great day and stay safe !hello1

Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 2:26:30 PM
Mendalla

AnnaMayZing wrote:

Love it!

And thanks to all who left greetings. Somehow, I managed to not come here yesterday. Sorry for that.

It was a rather quiet birthday. My son went back to Ottawa last week so just me and the Mrs.

Cinco de Mayo cookies, eh? I can handle that. With a tea, of course.

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 12:30:36 PM
DenimAngel

flower howdy folks
A large tea would be great right now.
Not much going on here my grocery shopping got moved to tomorrow morning which isn't a bad thing. My friend had canning to do today and had to get her husband to work on his honey do list that's a mile long.

I have cookies!
In Cookie Monster we have fudge a roons , white chocolate chip cookies, molasses crackles and snowflake &Ice cookies
In Big Bird we have : white chocolate chip,snowpuffs,molasses crackles and pecan divines

*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats*
I hope everyone tries to have a fabulous day do something that makes you smile .

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 2:10:48 PM
Mendalla

Mmmm. Why don't you change your handle to Cookie Mistress or something like that?

Another day, another dollar. Had some crazy weird stuff (that's a highly technical term in my field) going on this afternoon but I survived. I think.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2020 7:09:04 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Greetings fellow Inspirations 'Spacers'. An alternative handle for Sara mightb, Cookie Cutie. Just a thought.

Fresh coffee, along with hot water (for our tea sippers) are now available as are Sara's super cookies. Enjoy.

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2020 10:36:39 AM
Survivor

The past two weeks have been bizarre. It started with that incredible pain in my pelvic area. Doctors determined it was pain from edema in a mesentery. That was a major problem that finally ended this Tuesday or Wednesday. In the meantime, other physical aches and pains decided to jump in and play as well. Along with several things that need a doctor's attention. I will see a doctor now on Monday, the 11th. I'm simply trying to get it all settled down.

I'm now switching to tea for a while.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2020 5:58:01 PM
DenimAngel

flower howdy folks
A large tea would be fantastic.
It was a longgggg day. Did my grocery shopping first time in like forever going into Walmart. Some people had no manners.
Then oh my goodness some people driving made me nuts.

*peeks in the cookie jars * yep good until morning
*gives the adorable mascots fresh cold water and treats *
I like the new name suggestions might change to Cookie Cutie

Hope everyone has had a good day
Stay safe

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2020 6:03:56 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning to all who enter seeking inspiration but settle for coffee and cookies.

It's both TGIF and V-E Day (Victory in Europe) so the ingestion of vast quanties of coffee, tea, or Sara's cookies is highly recommended.

Larry, take care of your fool self.

glasses8

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2020 12:31:56 PM
DenimAngel

flower howdy folks
A large tea would be great right now
The weather is beautiful and I have nowhere I need to be today since I got everything done yesterday.
Wow V-E Day was 75 years ago today.

Today's cookies chocolate chip cookies shaped like hearts and sugar cookies shaped like butterflies both are diabetic friendly as well
*filling both cookie jars to the tippy top*
*giving the adorable mascots fresh cold water and treats *

Hope everyone is staying safe and doing something that makes you smile! flower

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2020 3:17:50 PM
henrietta_fielding

Belated happy birthday, Scott!

Larry, I do hope things settle down for you soon. *hugs*

Hiya Bill!

Sara, I'll take a few of those delicious sounding chocolate chip cookies. You look after us so well here.

I'll grab a lemon and ginger tea.