Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2020 6:42:34 AM
Survivor

The coffee is finely fresh and ready to drink. Help yourselves. Or make your tea, as you prefer.

Perfect spring weather today. I need to figure out why my car has an engine light showing. I expect the car dealership is open for business if I need to bring it in.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Here's my latest story you might enjoy.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-into-the-night-.aspx

Here's a story Series I created that is called The Education of Mindy. This is the first story.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-mindy-learns-part-one-.aspx
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:43:33 PM
DenimAngel

Howdy folks
A beautiful and warm day here on my little mountain it's sunny and 75 degrees
A large sweet tea sounds good right about now.

Not much going on here I got some chores done . My toe from yesterday is a little sore but I can wiggle them so its all good. Went for a little walk early this morning and saw BUNNIES!
I love spring time.

I have cookies todayflower
In Cookie Monster we have :Airy Berry cookies, Almond cookies, Blackberry cookies and Pecan Divines
In Big Bird we have : Peanut Butter blossoms, Orange cookies, fudgy chocolate and snickerdoodle
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
I hope everyone is having a great day and doing things that make you smile!

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2020 3:15:46 PM
henrietta_fielding

Good evening, everyone! Hope your car is behaving, Larry! And hope your toe is better soon, Sara, that sounded painful!

I'll snag one of those delicious-sounding cookies with my lemon and ginger tea.
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2020 3:49:13 PM
Survivor

I'm making my dinner right and eating alone. My wife is not really hungry because she has been snacking all afternoon. I'm just going to have some ramen noodles.

I'll definitely have some cookies from the jars later this evening.

It appears the car is doing alright at the moment. I took it out and drove it around. It simply had a notice telling me to park on a flat surface and put on the parking brake. Did that and now it seems perfectly fine.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Here's a story Series I created that is called The Education of Mindy. This is the first story.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 6:07:32 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Coffee pot has been rinsed and filled with fresh water and the best coffee grounds Scott left under the counter. The cookie jars have enough cookies left to insure serious munching is assured until Sara adds a few more to the supply.

Glad to hear your car is in tip-top shape, Larry.

Later, y'all.

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 6:18:17 AM
Survivor

Thanks for getting the coffee going, Bill. I'm pleased it is here and ready to go. Oh, must remember to clean the filter in the air conditioner unit outback. It gets clogged up and stops working. Using the a/c is a definite must in the coming days. Neither my wife nor Victor handles heat very well.

I'm still working on a story here that I hope will be received well. It's been working in my head for weeks now. It will come out when it is ready.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 12:48:01 PM
DenimAngel

Howdy peeps flower
A beautiful day in my neck of the woods
Sunshine and birdies and 71 degrees
Not much going on today. Just relaxing and nursing my toe and hoping to get some writing done today.

I have cookies looks like a good thing too.. The jars are looking a little empty *cleaning the globe shaped cookies and putting them away and getting out big bird and cookie monster jars *
In Big Bird we have oatmeal raisin, almond cookies, pumpkin cookies and banana chocolate chip
In Cookie Monster we have apple cinnamon whippersnappers, banana chocolate chip, molasses cookies and black&white cookies(vanilla cookie drizzled with chocolate)

I hope everyone is staying safe and doing something that makes you smile hello1

gillianleeza
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 9:22:00 PM
gillianleeza

I've been awol for a bit. Grief has taken over my life. I won't go into details but losing two family members (not my immediate family) and not being able to say goodbye or be there with them was agony. I am far from alone. No funerals either.

I am not coping great so I have been trying to distract myself. I haven't had the energy to be online or interacting socially. I compulsively cook, bake, and clean and binge-watch television.

I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe. Hug the ones you can and call the friends and family you can't. You never know if it will be the last time you talk to them.

I want to bake bread but yeast is still not returned to grocery stores. I think I'll make a sourdough starter and see how that goes.

I could use some cookies.

Take care.

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
gypsy
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2020 2:57:42 AM
gypsy

Gil, I am so sorry to hear of your loss of beloved family members. Please accept my deepest condolences. Bereavement and mourning are always difficult but they must be exponentially so during this terrible time.

My heart goes out to you, I hope your energetic activities are helping you to cope.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2020 6:35:26 AM
Survivor

Please accept my condolences at this time, Gill. Only you truly understand how it is impacting you and your family. Just know that people care for you and are thinking of you.

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2020 1:32:34 PM
DenimAngel

flower Howdy folks
A beautiful day here on my little mountain.
A large sweet tea pretty please.

Gill my heart goes out to you in this time of grief.

Hi Larry &Mr Victor
Hi Gypsy.

I have cookies today
They are fun and diabetic friendly sugar cookies shaped like drink glass.(hurricane glasses I think. )
They pink ,blue and purple sprinkles

Hopefully the cookies make people smile today.

Stay safe everyone hello1

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2020 2:12:11 PM
AnnaMayZing

gillianleeza wrote:
I've been awol for a bit. Grief has taken over my life. I won't go into details but losing two family members (not my immediate family) and not being able to say goodbye or be there with them was agony. I am far from alone. No funerals either.

I am not coping great so I have been trying to distract myself. I haven't had the energy to be online or interacting socially. I compulsively cook, bake, and clean and binge-watch television.

I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe. Hug the ones you can and call the friends and family you can't. You never know if it will be the last time you talk to them.

I want to bake bread but yeast is still not returned to grocery stores. I think I'll make a sourdough starter and see how that goes.

I could use some cookies.

Take care.

Hey, Gillian.
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. It doesn't mater how close they were it is still a hard loss to bear and I, like all your friends here send you hugs and comfort. Keep yourself busy and channel all your energies into those around you.
Remember, we are all here for you if that is of any help.
Stay strong, stay safe and, above all, carry on regardless.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 6:19:55 AM
Survivor

I've just put on the coffee to percolate and the water to simmer. It is a lovely day out there. We'll see more of it on this pleasant Sunday.

Have a great day if you can my friends.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 1:34:06 PM
DenimAngel

Howdy peeps
A beautiful day here on my little mountain. The sun is shining and birds are chirping
A large tea would be fantastic.
I hope everyone is trying to enjoy their day no matter what you do.

I have cookies!and cookies make everything better hello1
In Big Bird we have : chocolate chip, carrot cake cookies, maple walnut and pecan divines
In Cookie Monster we have : blueberry crunch cookies, butterscotch crunch cookies, candy cane cookies and ginger snaps

Stay safe everyone!

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2020 6:08:11 PM
Mendalla

Ended up nicer than expected here, so I guess I can't complain. Had my son's authentic Italian spaghetti carbonara (well, he says it's based on an authentic recipe anyhow) for dinner. Good stuff but rather rich.

Green tea and ... CARROT CAKE COOKIES?!?!?!?!. * grabs two and hunkers down in a chair *

My latest, here for your enjoyment:

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 5:40:11 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Mega-congrats, stories spacers! We've made it through another weekend unbowed though maybe just a bit bow-legged.

Coffee's on and the tea kettle is kettling along to beatThe Band, or any other 'classic' group.

If all of Sara's carrot cake cookies are gone, odds are your ears will soon be assaulted, not to mention 'assailed' by my weeping and whining and gnashing of teeth. ;)

Later, Inspirators.

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Survivor
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 8:44:56 AM
Survivor

I'm enjoying the coffee today. Also enjoying the rest we are getting.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 1:49:13 PM
DenimAngel

Hi everyone flower
A beautiful sunshine day here on my mountain
I hope everyone tried to have a good weekend
Not much going on here today just maybe listening to music and watching Netflix splurged on a couple of ebooks this weekend.

I have cookies today
In Big Bird we have carrot cake cookies, oatmeal orange, almond cookies and cinnamon stars
In Cookie Monster we have carrot cake cookies, butterscotch marshmallow bar cookies, butterscotch sugar cookies and cappuccino royale

*giving the sweet little mascots fresh water and treats *

Stay safe everyone! grommit

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 2:16:44 PM
Mendalla

Nice day here. Might get out for a walk after dinner. Had to get some stuff we ordered from a couple stores (curbside pickup) so that took care of my lunch hour and breaks, else I might have gone earlier. Ontario released a very high-level plan for re-opening with no actual dates involved, just conditions to be met to trigger the first phase. We do know that school is out until May 31 at minimum.

* grabs a tea and... * She brought CARROT CAKE COOKIES AGAIN!!! * scarfs two and heads for his chair *

My latest, here for your enjoyment:

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 4:57:58 AM
Rumple_deWriter

It's Tuesday. That chronological factoid raises a logical question, at least by Inspirations standard. Who cares?

The good news is there are some carrot cake cookies still available. The bad news is they're going fast. Fortunately, the two I grabbed will go just right with the coffee that just finished brewing.

Y'all do the best you know how.

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 11:50:01 AM
Survivor

It's the afternoon. I had a bad night and morning. I couldn't seem to sleep and then, finally, around 4:00 a.m., I noticed a pain in the tummy/right side. It would not go away. I started thinking, as it got worse, that it could be my appendix.

It was growing acute so I got up, dressed, and awakened my wife to get her up and ready. I had decided I needed to get to the emergency room.

We have wonderful medical facilities here and I live only about 15 minutes from the hospital. I got there, wife driving, and went in. She was not allowed to accompany me inside so she waited in the car. I was placed in a cubicle in the emergency room, had my vitals took, and my blood was drawn. I was lucky that the Covid-19 has not hit our county hardly at all. But still, we were all taking the best precautions.

I had a CT scan taken and after the results were given to the surgeon we found that I had an area of edema (swelling) in the mesentery associated with my small intestine. It was not appendicitis or any other kind of thing that would need surgery. That's good news. The bad news is the pain we are talking about. They seemed to control it somewhat giving me morphine in the hospital. I do have pain medications that I have been taking for some time now because of pain associated with all of my cancer tribulations.

It is now getting towards 1:45 p.m. and I am just figuring out how to mix and match meds to get some kind of relief. Right at this moment is the first instance of no pain I have had since last night. I am going to have to get an appointment with my primary care physician and decide what we can do. This is, unfortunately, going to be a situation where you 'manage' the pain.

I am finally getting some coffee into me.

Y'all be safe now, hear?

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 1:10:29 PM
DenimAngel

flower howdy folks
A large sweet tea would it the spot.
A quiet day here on my little mountain it's beautiful and sunny outside. The birdies are chirping.

Not much going on here. I might get some writing done. Loving the library's e-book app I got the latest James Patterson book The House of Kennedy. I think it is gonna be good.

Larry I hope you feel better soon. Victor will be a good nurse .

I hope everyone is staying safe and trying to do things to make yourself smile.
I have cookies for everyone...looks like carrot cake cookies are a big hit.

Today in Big Bird we have : maple walnut, macadamia nut cookies, peanut butter blossoms and apple cinnamon whippersnappers.
In Cookie Monster we have : cheery cherry cookies, cherry bombs, chippers cookies, peanut butter blossoms
I have a glass jar filled with the ever popular carrot cake cookies.

Stay safe everyone!

gypsy
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 2:19:27 AM
gypsy

Larry, I'm sorry to hear that you have another medical condition to be concerned about and that requires care and management. I hope you see your doctor quickly. Rest up if you can, pain and stress are terribly tiring.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 8:37:01 AM
Survivor

Thank you, Gypsy. I'm feeling much better. I had a good night's sleep. Now the coffee is on for anyone that needs a cup.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:16:33 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Larry, a pain in ones 'assets' is bad enough, but around the stomach is something else again, he says, stating the ambiguously obvious. ;)

Take care of your own self and keep us posted.

Good coffee. Better cookies.

glasses8

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:39:01 AM
elizabethblack

Survivor wrote:

Thank you, Gypsy. I'm feeling much better. I had a good night's sleep. Now the coffee is on for anyone that needs a cup.

flower

I am so glad you got a good nights sleep. You certainly needed it after the night you had before. I will be waiting to hear when you have your appointment with your regular doctor.

Sun out this morning and a beautiful day to pull weeds, walk and pick flowers for the house . False Forget-Me-Knots are beautiful and very tiny but the color is not to be found on another blue flower.

I hope to enjoy the weather as we are getting up to 2" of rain starting in the morning and lasting two days. My brother lives in Tucson and they are to be 104F. I feel for you folks out in the desert unless you have cooling. Not time to do outside work if you don't have to.

Sara, so neat about the library e-book app, I will have to look into that. Meanwhile I am so glad there is still a macadamia nut cookie left. And I won't pass up the broken pieces of the cheery cherry coolies. You are the best baker I know.

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 2:43:49 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
Sorry the cookies are late but I got distracted
Not much going on here today in my little world. Helped the landlord out today and got treats for it.
Tried to get some writing done and nothing came to me... MEH
Good to see everyone here.
Thank you for the sweet compliment Elizabeth

I have cookies :
Today we have in Big Bird :cinnamon stars, orange cookies, snow puffs and blueberry coconut cookies
Today we have in Cookie Monster : chocolate butterscotch cookies, white chocolate cherry delights and cocoa snaps

Hope everyone is trying to have a fabulous day!
Stay safe hello2

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 5:33:34 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Coffee's cooking and the tea kettle is kettling. Thanks to Sara, there are cookies to go with all that.

We need a sit-rep (situation report) from Larry.

Y'all keep it between the ditches, so to speak.

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 7:48:34 AM
Survivor

Coffee is good today. I'm feeling alright, Bill. I seem to be able to control the pain with the meds I have at home. That's good enough.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:01:23 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 howdy folks
A large sweet tea would hit the spot right now

Not much going on here except a horrible case of writer's block (meh)
Headed out in a little bit for a mini grocery run (woo-hoo)

But I have cookies all are diabetic friendly and both jars are filled to the tippy top :
lemon bar cookies, sublime lime cookies, tropical angel crunch cookies and pineapple coconut cookies
I thought we all needed HAPPY fun cookies today
Stay safe and sane everyone