Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2020 12:29:45 PM
DenimAngel

flower howdy peeps
Happy Good Friday
A large coffee would be great
An early morning (thanks to neighbors raised by wolves)
It's a beautiful day outside and the birdies are chirping
I saw a family of bunnies on my morning walk.

I have cookies today .. They are in fun shapes today :rainbows, butterflies and suns and daisies

In Big Bird we have :orange cookies, fudgy chocolate cookies, snickerdoodles and cinnamon sugar cookies
In Cookie Monster we have : snickerdoodles, soft&chewy milk chocolate,, apple cinnamon cookies and ginger snaps

*gives the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

Hope everyone has a great day no matter how you spend it!
Keep the faith grommit

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2020 12:30:53 PM
DenimAngel

girlie4280 wrote:
Good Afternoon and Good Friday!

Coffee is always good no matter if it’s in the morning, afternoon, or evening. It’s a beautiful sunny day in Texas. Bluebonnets are out but 🌧 is expected to be here tomorrow. A good day to go fishing 🎣 this afternoon. Enjoy the day, evening or night wherever you may be. Keep smiling and always have hope. Life is beautiful.

Thanks!

Naomi

Hi Naomi!hope you enjoy your visit to the coffee house we are a friendly bunch.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2020 6:09:12 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Coffee's on. Heck, I even rinsed the pot out before adding fresh water and something that sorta smelled like unused coffee grounds. The kettle is filled with hot water just waiting to be transformed into tea or coco.

Naomi, glad to have you among us. Come back ever so you can. You couldn't have done any better than to have Sara greet you. Not only is she 'good people' she's in charge of keeping the two cookie jars filled.

Y'all do the best you know how.

glasses8

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2020 6:11:27 AM
Survivor

The weekend is full-on now. Saturday is upon us. It will be in the 70sF/20sC degrees today. Perfect for some gardening work. Lots of leaves and fallen twigs and branches to clean up.

The coffee is brewing now. The water will be hot when you need it.

The virus has still stopped its rise in our county and no deaths reported.

flower

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-forewarning-.aspx
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2020 2:42:26 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
A quiet day here. The wind is howling but the sun is shining.
Naps are Great!
Not much going on here just a lazy day

I have SPRING theme sugar cookies and diabetic friendly sugar cookies
They are shaped like daisies tulips and butterflies and ducks

Tomorrow will be Easter cookies.
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and extra special treats since is NATIONAL PET DAY

I hope everyone is having a good day the best you can (hugs)

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2020 4:35:42 PM
Mendalla

* Takes a duck and a tulip of the non-sugar variety. *

Nice day. Got a walk in. More people out than previous weekends when I've been walking but social distancing was being observed.

A big hello to Naomi. Welcome to Inspirations. Hopefully you'll find some. I find it in the cookie jars, generally.

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2020 6:39:38 PM
DenimAngel

Mendalla wrote:
* Takes a duck and a tulip of the non-sugar variety. *

Nice day. Got a walk in. More people out than previous weekends when I've been walking but social distancing was being observed.

A big hello to Naomi. Welcome to Inspirations. Hopefully you'll find some. I find it in the cookie jars, generally.

Good thing I keep the cookie jars fully stocked grommit

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:50:14 PM
Survivor

Well, an interesting evening. Bad weather moved in about 8:00 and the wind was blowing off the covering over our pergola. I had to get outside and grab and pull it off. Luckily it was not yet raining. That was taken care of. But, I discovered that in the rush to take care of the erratic cover Victor had discovered about four ounces of semi-sweet chocolate next to my chair. He had eaten it all. Weighing only fifteen pounds I assumed that was not good for him. I was right.

I called the emergency veterinarian service that is located about 45 minutes away in the Kansas City Metro area. Told to bring him in immediately I did. It is now 11:43. We got back just about fifteen minutes ago. The vet there had induced vomiting, then gave him medicine to relieve nausea, and more charcoal in his belly to absorb any of the chocolate poisons that might still cause him harm. It did not take too long but it was a chore, the little wretch. He will be fine now. We just have to watch that he is not going to relieve himself inside the next day or so.

I have to be aware that he will take advantage of me not being alert. It was also interesting how the vet service was handling our present situation. All kinds of precautions were taken and I was wearing my mask and gloves when appropriate.

I'm just finishing off my last cup of tea and off to bed.

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 5:59:37 AM
Survivor

It's a lovely day outside. I have the coffee brewing and the water getting hot.

More writing today as well as yard work if it does not rain all day. We shall see.

Victor is happily laying on my bed watching spring out along the street and in our backyard.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 6:57:12 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, Larry. Who, I say, who brought in all these blasted bunny rabbits -- and what's with the basket fill with funny colored eggs? (shakes head) Me, I suspect it's Sara but Victor might have had a hand, or in his case, paw, in whatever is going on. ;)

The coffee is ready for immediate consumption and the kettle is filled with water heated to a perfect temp for tea and coco. Don't know about cookies. due to all those cute, fluffy bunnies being between me and the cookie jars.

Hope y'all have a great day.

glasses8

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 1:01:28 PM
DenimAngel

Hi peeps
HAPPY EASTER
*arranging the fluffy bunnies all around the coffee house in conversational groups of 3 *
Yep Bill I did the decorations for Easter.
Hope everyone is having a good day
Sorry to hear about your vet visit. Glad that Mr Victor is okay
We have Easter cookies today
Bunnies, ducks, Easter basket, Easter Egg shaped, and bunny with its back turned shaped and cross shaped.
They are half chocolate chip and have sugar cookie (both are diabetic friendly too)

*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like bunnies *
Stay safe everyone.

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 2:10:22 PM
Mendalla

Come for the cookies, stay for the fun people. * takes a bunny and an egg *

Damn, all the couches and chairs have rabbits discussing the most efficient way to deliver eggs.

Larry, glad to hear Victor was okay in the end. We never had a chocolate incident with our dog but i am well aware of the risks. Try to get him to stick to Sara's pet treats going forward.

Was nice for a while here but it's turning stormy now. Apparently there's a nasty system rolling in tonight.

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2020 2:13:44 PM
DenimAngel

Mendalla wrote:
Come for the cookies, stay for the fun people. * takes a bunny and an egg *

Damn, all the couches and chairs have rabbits discussing the most efficient way to deliver eggs.

Larry, glad to hear Victor was okay in the end. We never had a chocolate incident with our dog but i am well aware of the risks. Try to get him to stick to Sara's pet treats going forward.

Was nice for a while here but it's turning stormy now. Apparently there's a nasty system rolling in tonight.

I left your favorite chair empty Mr Ape .
Yep my treats are the best for doggies and kitties.

Survivor
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2020 7:01:58 AM
Survivor

Hello, hello. The coffee is freshly brewed. The pup is beside me taking his after-breakfast nap. The temperature is exactly freezing. Not a lot of yard work will be done today. I hate the cold.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2020 8:22:51 AM
Rumple_deWriter

( speaking very quietly to avoid disturbing Vic's after-breakfast nap ) Hi ya, Larry and all late arrivers. I'll just grab a mug of coffee, scrounge for a cookie or two and then slink out ever so quietly. Later. ;)

glasses8

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2020 11:03:15 AM
AnnaMayZing

Hi All. Hope you are all keeping well.
Have you let your wife in yet, Bill? kekekegay
Good to see all those delicious cookies are still coming in. Thanks, Sarah.
I have to say that all is not doom and gloom during this unprecedented lockdown. If any of you noticed my little piece entitled, 'Silent Movie' it might amuse you to know that it was a quick write up of something that kept me highly amused from my kitchen window the other day. I know you read it, Larry. Thanks for your comment.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/general/-silent-movie-.aspx

Anyway, in these days of fear and uncertainty, keep your eyes open. You never know what might occur right under your nose that will raise your spirits.
Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel is still burning brightly.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2020 2:39:42 PM
DenimAngel

hello2 hi everyone
I hope you all are doing great
A large hot chocolate would be perfect
It was pretty yesterday and now today is downright gloomy outside

I have fun cookies today shaped like sea creatures :starfish ,octopus, seahorse and jellyfish
Today's cookies are cheery sugar cookies the octopus have purple frosting, the seahorse have yellow frosting the starfish have brown frosting and the jellyfish have pink frosting. They are diabetic friendly too.

*giving fresh water and treats to the adorable mascots *
*rounding up the fluffy bunnies and putting them in the back part of the coffee house arranging them all pretty *

Stay safe everyone!

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 6:44:38 AM
Survivor

Hi, hi. The coffee is finally ready. Now to let it cool and take a good gulp.

It's been days since there were any new cases of the virus here in our county. I hope that does not change drastically when they finally get testing going properly.

Cold out today. There will be no gardening, but I will try to get fresh seeds out in the bird feeders.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 8:13:16 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Thanks for the coffee, larry. We had seven more C19 deaths (total 122) here in Arizona. Not sure how many were in Maricopa county but since it is, by far, the biggest county in the state, well, you get the idea.

BTW, for a few days Arizona held the title of state with most implausible 'essential business - nail salons. However, it grieves me to report that Florida now claims the title by designating 'professional wrestling' as an 'essential business' in the Sunshine State. ;)

Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 1:57:49 PM
Mendalla

Windy again this aft. We're supposed to be the Forest City, not the Windy City. Better than yesterday, at least, when it sounded like a full force gale (an American storm...)

Our government has been waffling on pot shops. First they were essential, then they were closed, then they were allowed to do curbside (you order in advance and they bring it out to your car). But nail salons and pro wrestling being essential?? One thing about being in respiratory health care right now. No one questions whether you're essential or not.

Oo, there's a pink jellyfish left for afternoon tea.

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:21:23 PM
DenimAngel

Howdy folks hello1
A large tea would be great

*peeking in the cookie jar *Looks like a lot of cookies are left from Easter and yesterday . Maybe I went a tiny bit overboard with the cookies. The cookies are still yummy in the tummy

*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

Even being a pro wrestling fan I still don't see them being essential but I also think Vince McMahon (the owner of WWE) is a first class idiot.
I can see the pot shops being essential. Nail salons not so much . I know all the nail salons here on my little mountain area are closed.

A quiet day here. I had to venture out to the store for a few things and oh my goodness it was a zoo.

I decided I really didn't need ketchup that bad since the aisle was too crowded. I grabbed my Pepsi and popcorn and scampered to get in line .

Hope everyone is trying to have a good day.

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:00:12 AM
Survivor

It's Wednesday and the mowers are making their rounds of the neighborhood. Sitting down for my first cup of coffee now. Nothing planned for today. Kind of a repetitious announcement.

flower

I posted this graph showing how well my county has done during this crisis. My county is the bottom line on the graph.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:58:17 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, Larry. So how's by you and the mighty Victor? I'm wondering why no one I'm aware of, has started a count of the number of days we've been in lockdown sorta like the ones that kept popping up on TV during the Iran hostage crises.

(slurp) Downright decent coffee. Now for a cookie or two. Y'all hang in there.

glasses8

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 12:09:06 PM
DenimAngel

flower howdy peeps
A large coffee would be welcomed right now

Hi Larry and Mr Victor your county is doing AMAZING
Hi Bill.. I think no one is counting days in lockdown on TV because most every state went into lockdown at different times
[/b]But ARIZONA has been in lockdown mode for 9 Days(April 6was the start)[b]

I have cookies today !
In Big Bird we have :peanut butter blossoms, pecan divines, oatmeal raisin cookies, and apple cinnamon whippersnappers
In Cookie Monster we have :peanut butter blossoms, ginger snaps, pecan divines and angel crunch cookies
*giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats *

A mostly quiet day if the neighbor will be quiet. Not much going on here maybe a book and a movie today.
Stay safe everyone! hello1

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 12:44:22 PM
AnnaMayZing

My cousin lives in the south of France.
She told me the same, yesterday. Unfortunately, she was stopped by the Police and received a fine.
She had been out and decided to return via the beach for a quick look at the sea.
She had her authorisation papers with her and all was up to date and legal but, having not seen the Gendarmes behind, she failed to stop at a stop sign on an otherwise deserted, dead-end road.
€134 fine and four points!
It looks as though the only law that she didn't break was Murphy's Law! dontknow

EDIT: Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense but it was written to follow on from a post by Gypsy which seems to have disappeared... dontknow

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 12:57:42 PM
Survivor

AnnaMayZing wrote:
She told me the same, yesterday. Unfortunately, she was stopped by the Police and received a fine.
She had been out and decided to return via the beach for a quick look at the sea.
She had her authorisation papers with her and all was up to date and legal but, having not seen the Gendarmes behind, she failed to stop at a stop sign on an otherwise deserted, dead-end road.
It looks as though the only law that she didn't break was Murphy's Law! dontknow

EDIT: Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense but it was written to follow on from a post by Gypsy which seems to have disappeared... dontknow

It is so funny. I actually came here to read Gypsy's post. I saw on my profile she had posted. But it is gone. It must be magic!

gypsy
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2020 2:27:32 AM
gypsy

Survivor wrote:
AnnaMayZing wrote:

It is so funny. I actually came here to read Gypsy's post. I saw on my profile she had posted. But it is gone. It must be magic!

What happened was this: I started writing a post about the situation here in France, and was using my iPad, so it was a touch scream (not a typo or spelling error, I loathe that means of typing!). Something happened, I don't know what it was, and what I was writing was posted before I had finished it. Seeing that, I went to edit, to continue the post and what I intended to say. Then THAT went wrong too, and somehow disappeared. Was it error at my end with my tablet, or some other glitch or gremlin? I don't know! dontknow

Anna, you must have seen the post when it first was up and needed editing. Larry, magic or the acrobats of the internet and technical jumpiness, who knows.

What I had been saying, that Anna refers to, is the situation here for me, in France. We are well into the fifth week of being locked down, and going out is quite restricted and controlled. Each time one goes out, a personally written, dated, signed attestation as to the reason for being it must be carried. One outing a day, for getting essential goods, or personal exercise within a kilometre of home, for no longer than an hour. The time one has left home must also be indicated. Anyone can be stopped and controlled by the police, and I see it being done here in the city I live in. I always have my attestation with me, but as of yet, have not been stopped and checked by the patrols, but it could happen.

Ouch! That is too bad your cousin fell afoul of the law, Anna! To be honest, she got off lightly if the 134€ fine covered two infractions, not respecting a stop sign and going by the beach, which is strictly off limits. The fine was for being off limits, the four points for the traffic infraction. Good thing it was not a red light she went through, seems to me that carried a heftier fine and more points.

I feel for her, the urge to go by and look, just look at the beach and the sea is so strong when it it is forbidden to access it freely. We don't have the sea or a beach here, but there is the river that runs through town. My husband checked the distance to the river from where we live, and it is just within a kilometre, so at least I can justifiably walk there. In normal times, I would walk to the river, cross on one of the bridges to the other side, walk along there, crossing back on another bridge, and stop and just watch the water as it flows. Usually, I would also have a camera with me, and often, a tripod, to use as needed. Right now, I won't even take a camera along, never mind a tripod! Being observed taking photographs in a leisurely manner right now just does not seem like a good idea.

There are a lot of people who do not respect the lockdown and its rules, figuring that whatever it is they are doing is not hurting anyone. I've heard so many arguments as to why they should do what they want, and it is maddening. The least any of us, all of us, can do, is respect the regulations put in place to limit the spread of the disease, not over burden the health services, the security services, and endanger those who HAVE to work and keep things going. Grocery store workers, garbage collectors, people who restock shelves, pharmacy workers, etc, etc. They'd rather be at home too, I suspect, but can't be.

I'm just rambling now, and have more or less said what I wanted to say last night, so that's it from me. Stay safe, everyone, that's where we're at.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:49:15 AM
Survivor

So many stories to be told.

For this morning be advised the coffee is hot and the water is simmering. We need to get up and going.

My county has been stable for the past week. People are being good where I am.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2020 4:34:35 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 Hi peeps
A beautiful day here in my neck of the woods.
A large coffee sounds good. A late drop in but it was a good day
I got a gift card from a good friend and they upgraded my phone plan so I got unlimited data (Yay) and I treated myself to Netflix so if anyone has any suggestions for movies or TV shows for me to check out I'm all ears.
*peeking in the cookie jars and sees they are still in pretty good shape*
*giving the critters fresh water and treats *

Hope everyone is doing something to make you smile hello1

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2020 5:17:44 PM
Rumple_deWriter

Hi ya, Sara. It's about time for old Sol to set out here in the desert. Me, I'm gonna use what's left in the pot to make iced coffee. You want a big iced tea and share the sunset with me?

Any late arrivals are welcome, of course.

glasses8