Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
gillianleeza
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2020 11:58:09 AM

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
G-O-O-D morning, Stories Spacers!! Okay, I'll admit that greeting might be just a tad over-the-top not to mention irritating. However, I'd argue that it beasts, "Up your nose with a rubber hose," although that one from the old 'Welcome Back Kotter' series might be more appropriate to the occasion. However, I'm open to discussion of that burning issue. ;)

Anyway, coffee's hot and ready to trot. If you drain the pot, then it behooves you to get the next one going.

glasses8.

I'm okay with either. I loved Welcome Back Kotter when it was on. I have been feeling nostalgic lately. I miss Saturday nights as a child when our whole family would watch Tne Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Bob Newhart Show.

Too much time to think these days. I miss my parents, aunts, son, and daughter in law. But they are all safe and doing okay so I shouldn't be complaining.

I am taking a break from cooking and baking today. I found flour at Costco last week. My fridge and freezer are full. I've obsessively been cleaning so I am taking a break from that as well. I could be working on my taxes but I'd already applied for an extension so there is still no hurry.

I went a little muffin crazy. I made blueberry, lemon poppyseed, chocolate chip, and cinnamon oatmeal. I'll leave them on the counter. So much for my resolution to go to the gym and eat healthier. I've been walking every day but I think I am going to have to start running or walking a lot farther to help. There are worse problems to have, she said to herself eyeing the last roll of toilet paper.

Stay safe and healthy everyone and laugh as often as you can.

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Adagio
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2020 12:03:38 PM

The world as we knew it has now changed. I can feel it in the air, from inside my home. Stay safe.
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2020 1:01:29 PM

gillianleeza wrote:
Too much time to think these days. I miss my parents, aunts, son, and daughter in law. But they are all safe and doing okay so I shouldn't be complaining.

I am taking a break from cooking and baking today. I found flour at Costco last week. My fridge and freezer are full. I've obsessively been cleaning so I am taking a break from that as well. I could be working on my taxes but I'd already applied for an extension so there is still no hurry.

I went a little muffin crazy. I made blueberry, lemon poppyseed, chocolate chip, and cinnamon oatmeal. I'll leave them on the counter. So much for my resolution to go to the gym and eat healthier. I've been walking every day but I think I am going to have to start running or walking a lot farther to help. There are worse problems to have, she said to herself eyeing the last roll of toilet paper.

Stay safe and healthy everyone and laugh as often as you can.

Lemon poppyseed? Chocolate chip and cinnamon? d'oh! I can't eat these anymore and I love them, drool (Hyperglycaemia). I know what you mean about missing the family. I Whatsapp'd (?dontknow ) my son and his family and my granddaughter (5) cried because we couldn't be there soon followed by my grandson (10) when he realised that we may not see them anytime soon. Mind you, they soon cheered up when they were allowed to go and play on their new trampoline! kekekegay

Adagio wrote:
The world as we knew it has now changed. I can feel it in the air, from inside my home. Stay safe.

You are not wrong, Al but how much remains to be seen.

It is nice to imagine that there is no need for social distancing in this virtual world of ours so sit back, raise your virtual cups and give a loud call of 'GOOD HEALTH!'

Take care, everyone and those that do... KEEP WRITING!

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2020 3:37:13 PM

Howdy peeps flower
A large tea sounds good right about now
Arizona was finally issued a stay at home order. My little town has already done alot of the things already so it's no big deal in my area.

Ooo muffins! Yay

*peeks in the cookie jars * they look like they could use some fun cookies
Sugar cookies and diabetic friendly sugar cookies shaped like
Ice cream treats : sundaes, Ice cream cones, cupcakes,ice cream bars
*filling both cookie jars *
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *

Hope everyone is having a good day even if stuck at home.
Stay safe and sane everyone!

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 4:23:49 AM

Thanks to Sara, there is a respectable supply of cookies available for Stories Spacers who wander in seeking inspirations along with hot coffee and a kettle filled with hot water for the tea sippers among us. Which reminds me that it's past time to get the coffee pot and tea kettle rolling.

Mission accomplished! Y'all enjoy.

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 6:33:20 AM

You are such an early riser, Bill. I will try to use up the coffee you have brewed and make another pot if needed.

Spring has really burst around us. Especially the forsythia. It's lovely to see. And I've noticed that more and more people are actually outside walking their dogs or thems selves. It must be because so many people are not going to work now and have the time to get out and enjoy the world as much as they can. While keeping proper distances between themselves.

As of Monday, there are 23 confirmed cases in Douglas county and no deaths.

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
maryruth
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 10:07:32 AM

Update for me...
Here we have 364 cases of the covid-19. My daughter works at the hospital and we talk each day.
Trying to stay positive while we are in lock down until after april.24th.
Stores are putting limits on things, when they can be found.

A sugar cookie and hot chocolate is a nice treat.

Stay safe
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 12:31:15 PM

flower hi peeps
A large tea would be great.
The sun is shining and the birdies are chirping.
It's a beautiful day here on my little mountain.
*peeking in the cookie jar* cookie bandit is on the loose again
*filling the cookie jar *
In Big Bird we have :peanut butter and banana cookies, pumpkin cookies, peanut butter cranberry cookies and snow puffs
In Cookie Monster we have :peanut butter and banana cookies, chips galore cookies, snowflake and ice cookies and ginger snaps

A variety of cookies to keep everyone smiling
Not much going on here today just maybe a little writing.

It's good to get updates from everyone !
Stay safe and sane everyone! hello1

Sugarbaby
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 2:33:40 AM

Well, I thought I would pop in for a bit. Our stove broke last night, well the oven did. I call Lowe's they said "We will happy to deliver a new one to you. BUT...it will be left
right in your yard. We are not allowed to go into homes." So we bought a huge appliance dolly. Jon and my daughter said they will get that sucker in the house no matter what! evil4

I didn't mind buying a huge dolly, because I can see it being needed in the future. Especially if we ever need another new appliance.

Cases are growing here in our little Fairbanks, but we are all safe.
Poor pups can't wait to go on long walks soon. Winter just keeps hanging on here.

I will have some of those delicious cookies and cocoa, please!

Everyone stay safe.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 6:03:07 AM

Glad you stopped by, Ms Linda. (sure hope she left some cookies) Always a goodness to have you among us, honest. ;)

Sara, you want us to be BOTH safe and same? What a challenge! ;)

Got a fresh pot of coffee in the works. There's a virtual plethora of hot water ready for the tea and coco crowd, and some cookies are left, at least for the time being.

Y'all hang in there. Don't know about the rest of you, of course, but there hasn't been this much excitement in my life since the last time they opened a new keg of nails down at the hardware store.

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 6:44:13 AM

Well, I do know the down-home excitement of the shops and stores along Main street. I used to work in a Mom and Pop grocery store, spreading sawdust on the black concrete floors and sweeping it up, slicing bologna on a meat slicer to the thickness specified by the housewife, bagging groceries as the running total was kept on the manual cash register.

Anyway, it's time for some coffee. Thanks, Bill. Have a great day along with the ladies.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 1:31:12 PM

flower Howdy folks
A large tea would be great
Feeling a little bit cranky.. Between the neighbors and Verizon I'm not sure which annoys me more.

But anyways it was eventually go away.
Today should improve. A good book and maybe some writing today.
I did bring cookies today
*filling the cookie jars *
In Big bird we have snickerdoodle cookies, almond cookies, maple walnut cookies and pecan divines
In cookie Monster we have confetti blizzard whippersnappers,cinnamon and raisin cookies, cherry pineapple drops and lemon softies

Stay safe everyone hello1

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 6:23:11 PM

Sugarbaby wrote:
So we bought a huge appliance dolly.

When I hear "huge dolly" my warped mind pictures a giant toy child. Kind of like the Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters or something.confused1

Anyhow, enough of my weirdness. How's things, folks? I feel like this covid thing has turned into a bit of a time warp. I now have my son home again so it feels like high school all over. Except he's working from home on his university co-op job. We used to think we'd only see him for a week at the end of April at most, but now it could be a month or two.

coffee (just pretend that's tea regardless of the code is called)

My Stories here:

Voice of Ice (Cosmic Horror)
Night of the Wind (Fantasy)
Lady in the Lake (Ghost Story)

My Poems Here:

On Seeing the Light (Re)born - Revelling in a tropical sunrise
Spooky People - Hallowe'en celebration
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2020 6:24:34 AM

Good day. The coffee is busy brewing. The teakettle is on the stove.

My wife has made a lot of facemasks out of material donated by the community theatre. She passed them on to an oncologist at the local hospital. They will use them whenever they need to do so. We kept masks for ourselves to begin wearing whenever we need to go to the pharmacy or some such. Along with gloves. From what I understand that protects other people from me if I have the virus more than it protects me from them.

Edit: Confirmed cases in Douglas country - 30. Deaths - N/A

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2020 12:53:43 PM

"Pops head round door" hello2

Anyone know what happened to Dave55? Seems to have vanished suddenly. dontknow

Catch you all again soon.
Stay safe.

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2020 1:18:20 PM

AnnaMayZing wrote:
"Pops head round door" hello2

Anyone know what happened to Dave55? Seems to have vanished suddenly. dontknow

Catch you all again soon.
Stay safe.

You are right, Anna. He is just gone. I also noticed, when about to wish her a happy birthday, that Gypsygyrl is gone as well. I hate it when that happens. Especially when you see they have deleted their accounts and not deactivated.

Time to start drinking afternoon tea.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2020 4:09:24 PM

Howdy folks flower
A late drop in but I'm here with fun cookies
A large hot chocolate would be perfect right now

It's sad when people leave without warning.
A quiet day here I did chores and just curled up with a good book until I went to the store with a friend who needed someone to go in the store for her she doesn't want to bring anything home to her husband who gets sick easy.
So I was my ray of sunshine and did her shopping and she even paid for the couple of things I needed
Today's cookies are shaped like PEEPS!
In Big Bird we have :peanut butter and banana cookies, orange fudge cookies, oatmeal raisin and maple walnut cookies
In Cookie Monster we have orange fudge cookies, peanut butter , ginger snaps and pineapple coconut whippersnappers

Tonight looks like a quiet evening with maybe a movie night.
Might even get some writing done.
It's good to keep up with everyone's news. hello1

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2020 4:10:10 PM

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2020 5:01:00 AM

TGIF and all that jazz. Pardon me while I give the coffee pot a rinse, then add fresh water and some generic coffee Mendella left under the counter. IMO, tea sippers can have strange taste in coffee so approach with caution. Fortunately, there's still some of Sara's scrumbdilious cookkies available so give them and the coffee (or tea now that I've remembered to put the kettle on) a try.

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2020 6:12:01 AM

Hey, Bill. Looks like the coffee is ready. Thanks.

It was below freezing this morning. Luckily our Victor did his business quickly.

Confirmed cases in Douglas county: 31

Deaths: N/A

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2020 12:25:30 PM

flower Hi peeps
A large tea would be great

A quiet Friday here not much going on and no plans to go anywhere.
Might get some writing done today.
The sun is shining and the birdies are chirping.
The neighbors are quiet as church mice at this point of the day so maybe it will stay that way.
I got cookies!
*filling the cookie jars* I think we have a cookie bandit
In Big Bird we have: fudgy chocolate cookies, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip cookies and white chocolate chip cookies
In Cookie Monster we have :peanut butter blossoms, rocky road bar cookies, tropical angel cookies and cinnamon raisin snaps.

Pretty quiet in my town.. Business as usual with the social distance guidelines.

Happy Friday and keep the faith !hello1

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2020 6:39:46 PM

Some coffee house appropriate music. This is Chase and Sierra Eagleson, a very talented brother and sister someone on another board introduced me, too.

My Stories here:

My Poems Here:

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2020 6:44:25 PM

And Sierra by herself with some Joni Mitchell.

My Stories here:

My Poems Here:

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 4:33:30 AM

Welcome to the weekend, to all Inspired Spacers.

Y'all might have noticed that our boss-in-chief didn't show up yesterday until after Sara restocked the cookie jars. Me, I don't blame him none. Might be the smartest thing he's done all week. ;)

Now let me check on the coffee pot and tea kettle. (ouch) Judging by the second degree burn on my fingertip, both the coffee and water are hot, as in 'very scalding' hot.

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 6:03:43 AM

Hello, all. The coffee and the water do stay hot and ready around here.

For some reason, winter decided to return to our area. It was again below freezing for our walk this morning.

Confirmed cases in Douglas County: 31

Deaths: N/A

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 6:13:28 AM

Morning tea time. Hello, all. Still gets below freezing here in the night, but we're getting double digit highs (in C) so spring seems to be happening.

My Stories here:

My Poems Here:

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:03:49 PM

Along the lines of coffee shop music, who knows Lissie? Like this?

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:06:41 PM

Or covering other folk's songs...

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:24:00 PM

AnnaMayZing wrote:
Along the lines of coffee shop music, who knows Lissie? Like this?

New one on me, Anna, but thanks very much for the intro. Love that voice. She's perfect for covering Stevie Nicks, eh?

I've noticed there's a lot of good Fleetwood Mac covers going around these days. Really highlights how strong the writing was in that band during their prime.

Kettle's on for tea and hot chocolate. * scarfs a cookie *

My Stories here:

My Poems Here:

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:27:06 PM

Hi peeps flower
A large coffee sounds good right about now . Woke up too early .
Now my tail is dragging.
Not much going on here today on my little mountain. The sun is shining and the birdies are chirping their pretty sounds. The neighborhood dogs have joined in the choir of birds with their barks
I have cookies
Today in Big Bird we have :peanut butter blossoms, butterscotch crunch cookies, apple cinnamon whippersnappers and coconut macaroons
Today in Cookie Monster we have : pineapple coconut whippersnappers, lemon softies, ginger snaps and white chocolate supremes

Great tunes y'all
Enjoy your day as much as you can! grommit