Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 6:22:20 AM
Survivor

Thanks for the coffee, Bill. It's still in the just above freezing zone here in the middle.

I'm off to get checked for bladder cancer this morning. If all is well it will be negative once more and I can forget about it for a few more months. The bladder cancer, that is. geek

Tonight we resume our performances of the Nutcracker. Four more sold-out appearances to go.

I'll have a cookie, or two. Maybe more?

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Here's my latest story you might enjoy.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-into-the-night-.aspx

Here's a story Series I created that is called The Education of Mindy. This is the first story.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-mindy-learns-part-one-.aspx
DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2019 12:45:00 PM
DenimAngel

flower howdy folks
More cookies today.. Reindeer and mouse cookies and Christmas tree shaped rice krispies treats

Quiet day so far. I got a Christmas present today from my friend Dodie and it is so pretty.
A large hot chocolate pretty please
Bill I'm happy you found the cookies
Larry I hope all is well from the doctor appointment
And break a leg at the performance I LOVE the NUTCRACKER !
HAPPY FRIDAY !

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 7:03:02 AM
Survivor

The coffee is tasting particularly good this morning.

There will be two performances of the Nutcracker today, at 2:00 and at 7:00. Just one more tomorrow and we strike the set.

My urologist was pleased yesterday that there is no sign of bladder cancer. I don't need to visit him again for a year.

Just one more cookie and then moving on to all the morning computer chores.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Here's a story Series I created that is called The Education of Mindy. This is the first story.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 11:56:39 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Larry, mega-congrats on your passing that bladder test. Somehow, it feels like that last sentence should be reworded but just how is a problem, at least for me. ;)

Just FWIW, I'll be in and out of here over the holidays. Consider yourselves warned.

And BTW, there's a list of nine new lit sites over on the calls for submissions forum.

And in conclusion (honest) the coffee really does taste good. ;)

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 12:35:23 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
Larry break a leg with the performances
Bill thanks for the warning (lol)
A large sweet tea today
I have more Christmas cookies for the cookie jar !
Shaped like trees wreathes stars and bells

A quiet day here so far.. I had a rough time staying asleep last night so I'm going to have a lazy day.
Happy Saturday flower

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 4:38:37 AM
henrietta_fielding

Glad to hear your good news, Larry! (hhugs) Hope the performances go well.

Bill, glad to hear your wife is doing ok after her fall. Scary! And Gill, so sorry to hear your dad's dementia is getting worse. Awful.

Hello Sara! *waves*

My poor mum, at 88, has managed to fracture a bone at the base of her back, so she'll be stuck in bed dosed up with painkillers over Christmas. At least she's not in hospital, but still...

My short story is now published, and I am in shock! I noticed there is a self-publicity thread in the forums here, but perhaps someone more in the know could tell me if mine is suitable to put in there?

A coffee to get me going and tackle cleaning the house, please!
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 6:51:12 AM
Survivor

Good morning here in foggy Kansas. Coffee is being served.

I'm happy to hear you have a story published, Cynthia. That's brilliant. But you neglected to say where the story is.

Last night there was a bit of stage drama. While attempting to stoop down and pick up a scarf that had dropped onto the stage I lost my balance and went down along with the rack of scarves I was carrying. I was perfectly fine since I know how to fall if necessary. It was just embarrassing. It did give the audience an added thrill, I'm sure.

Time to get to work on working on a story of my own.

flower

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 10:43:20 AM
henrietta_fielding

Glad you're okay after your tumble, Larry!

And thank you so much. :) The story is on Amazon, Smashwords (although I couldn't find it there yet!) and other major e-book outlets.

Hope the writing goes well. :)

Lemon and ginger tea would do nicely on a chilly evening here!
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 11:13:45 AM
Survivor

henrietta_fielding wrote:
Glad you're okay after your tumble, Larry!

And thank you so much. :) The story is on Amazon, Smashwords (although I couldn't find it there yet!) and other major e-book outlets.

Hope the writing goes well. :)

Lemon and ginger tea would do nicely on a chilly evening here!

Cynthia, you should post the link for this in the thread https://forum.storiesspace.com/yaf_topics18_Sing-Your-Own-Praises.aspx

That is why it is there. For just this purpose. hello1

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 12:29:30 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
I know I know I'm late with the treats but went to church with the neighbor and the littlest fans are Requesting (well demanding) a Scamp Christmas adventure next week.
A large sweet tea pretty please it's so nice out.
*puts sugar cookies in the cookie jar * of course they are snowman, stars and bells
And the sweet little mascots get Christmas treats that are safe for animals.

Quiet day here im hoping to get some writing done but.... Who knows .
Happy Sunday folks flower

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 1:29:16 PM
henrietta_fielding

Thanks, Larry, as I said earlier I'm just waiting for feedback on what story content is appropriate to put on that thread. :)

Sara, I'm sure your young audience can't wait to hear a Scamp Christmas story! Thank you for the treats!
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2019 2:07:54 PM
Rumple_deWriter

Cyn, congrats on your story being on Amazon, etc.. This is just a suggestion, but content here is acceptable up to approximately, let's call it the old 'Ripped Bodice' level. Post as Larry advise and include a synopsis along with any content warning you feel appropriate plus ordering info. And be quick about it, young lady. I'm anxious to give it a read. ;)

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 4:19:49 AM
henrietta_fielding

Thank you so much, Bill! Appreciate the info! I think my story should be okay, site-wise, as it essentially a romance with a couple of not too graphic love scenes. I'm assuming there would be no problem with the fact that it is a same-sex romance?

Once I'm on my laptop (rather than my phone) I'll get that sorted with links and a synopsis. Be lovely to share this with you all. :)

Hope the writing is going well, Larry and there are still some of your lovely treats to have with my coffee, Sara. Thank you! (hugs)
Survivor
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 6:48:15 AM
Survivor

Thank you so much, Bill! Appreciate the info! I think my story should be okay, site-wise, as it essentially a romance with a couple of not too graphic love scenes. I'm assuming there would be no problem with the fact that it is a same-sex romance?

Once I'm on my laptop (rather than my phone) I'll get that sorted with links and a synopsis. Be lovely to share this with you all. :)

Hope the writing is going well, Larry and there are still some of your lovely treats to have with my coffee, Sara. Thank you! (hugs)

Never worry about same-sex references, Cynthia. This is a truly progressive, liberal site. I can say that I have posted at least one same-sex poem right here on StoriesSpace. Sex had nothing to do with the poem, but the sexual preferences of the gentlemen played a part in the story.

Fresh coffee is brewing as I speak. I will be checking it shortly. And the teapot is boiling.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 7:07:42 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Okay, enough is enough! Who in the name of both Strunk and White swiped the 'star' from atopthe the joint's gumdrop Christmas tree? While 'The Grinch' is a leading suspect, be on the lookout for anyone with a sudden, inexplicable problem talking.

Curvy, all your good news is great for those of us who now bask in the glow of your success. ;)
Content-wise, two thoughts:

1. It is a truth, universally acknowledge, that it is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
and the other one follows as night doth the day:
2. For writers, especially those of mainstream romance, it is sometime better to 'tell' than 'show' the details of a steamy love scene.

Coffee's on and the kettle is full of hot water. The rest is up to y'all. ;)

glasses8

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 1:43:17 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 howdy folks
*putting another star on top of the gumdrop tree* the last one shouldn't have been made of marshmallows... You know my addiction to marshmallows.

*putting more star bell Santa and wreath shaped cookies in the cookie jar *
The little mascots get Christmas treats too

Thought it was gonna be a quiet day here but my Dodie and her mother in law needed help with baking Christmas treats.

I'm hoping to get some writing done but...

Happy Monday folks hello1

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 2:35:32 PM
AnnaMayZing

If you are worried about same sex stories, Hettie, I have posted these here and they have been quite popular. There is no sex in them but the main Characters' orientations are perfectly clear.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/mystery/-the-red-dress-.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-escape-to-the-west-.aspx

And also, this eight chapter story...

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/fantasy/the-warrior-princess.aspx

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 4:08:29 AM
henrietta_fielding

Thanks for the reassurance, Bill, Larry and Anna!

I'll sort that now. :) as both my laptop and spare computer have decided not to work on me (when the friend who fixes stuff like that is away for Christmas, of course!) I'll try to post in the marketing thread now. Really appreciate everyone's input! :)

A coffee to get my brain started and some of Sara's treats would go down very nicely!
Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 6:43:15 AM
Survivor

Fresh coffee is perking. Hot water is ready. Good day to all on the pre-Christmas day.

I need to make some deviled eggs today to take to the pot-luck "finger-food" dinner tomorrow. My wife and I are going to her brother's home to visit with family members.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 7:28:24 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, Larry. thanks for the coffee and Congrats on the success of that cracked nut thing you were in. ;)

Is it just me, or does it seem like deviled eggs, leftover after some pot luck type event, are rare to non-existent?

glasses8

Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 1:02:04 PM

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Morning, Larry. thanks for the coffee and Congrats on the success of that cracked nut thing you were in. ;)

Is it just me, or does it seem like deviled eggs, leftover after some pot luck type event, are rare to non-existent?

glasses8

Apropos the play is named that. Poor male dancers in those tights. That's gotta hurt.

And I don't recall not ever having my balls busted for waffling on attending.

The Nutcracker Or Ballbuster. Both are acceptable titles for that classic.

Coffee with some cherry whisky, please. A wee bit chilly here today. But it's white. Christmas isn't Christmas unless it's white. I'm talking about snow, if anyone was wondering or concerned. kekekegay
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 2:27:36 PM
DenimAngel

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE TO ALL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL WHO HAS CHRISTMAS TODAY
a large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and a peppermint candy cane will be a great treat.
Quiet afternoon . Spent the morning baking and helping a friend with her baking for her family party.

More treats for the cookie jar today. Thumbprint cookies with candy candy flavored Hershey kisses and some with hot cocoa flavored Hershey kisses.
Then the usual assortment of Christmas sugar cookies
And special treats for the little adorable mascots

Hope everyone is having a great day
Time for Christmas movies! hello1

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 4:09:55 AM
henrietta_fielding

Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for all the Christmas treats, Sara!

I'll grab a coffee and open my presents!
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 5:58:23 AM
Survivor

Happy Christmas.

Fresh coffee brewing. Off to the pot-luck Christmas gathering this afternoon.

It is lovely weather. It should be clear and in the 60s today.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 1:01:15 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
there are some treats on the counter.. I made cinnamon rolls and a pumpkin spice roll.
Off to friends later today for dinner in the meantime just gonna chill and watch Christmas movies.
Hope everyone got what the wanted for Christmas

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2019 10:13:49 AM
Survivor

Victor was very excited to get his Christmas present. It has been hiding in the closet for months. Now he has it. It's a new tiger. He already has a "Tiger" so I need to call this something different so he knows what I am talking about. I will say, "Go get your Tony," for this new one.

I'm busily working on writing. I just posted a new microfiction here. Now I want to complete a longer story. I'm pretty sure it will be done today.

Have some coffee. I will be changing to tea when I finish my final cuppa java in a few minutes.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2019 1:41:06 PM
DenimAngel

flower howdy folks
A late drop in had a million things to do this morning everytime I went to log In someone would call needing help with a project or Christmas clean up... Lol
Yay for Victor getting a new tiger for Christmas ..Tony The Tiger is a great name
I got lots of fun things in my stocking from a friend and they even included a few things for Molly she has a pretty bandana with monkeys on it.

Treats for everyone chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies
Special treats for the mascots

Hope everyone is having a great day

Survivor
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2019 6:50:16 AM
Survivor

Hello, folks. The tinpot is brewing some Arabica coffee. And the teapots are ready for your pleasure.

Does it feel like it's time to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet for a while? That would be nice.

I do need to get tons of reading done but that is a joy and takes little physical energy. I'll get to that when my first cuppa java is ready.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2019 2:41:33 PM
DenimAngel

Howdy folks flower
Late drop in today.. It's been a crazy busy day I could use some peace and quiet.
A large hot chocolate would hit the spot we got a first dusting of snow today and BRRR ITS COLD OUTSIDE.
It is a good day to curl up with a warm drink and a cozy blanket. I didn't get a chance to bake anything today .. Good thing there is still cookies in the cookie jar.
Hugs to all
Happy Friday !

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2019 5:09:15 AM
henrietta_fielding

Happy Saturday, everyone!

I'm just grabbing a coffee to procrastinate over hoovering the house!