Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 2:24:13 PM

hello2 hot chocolate pretty please

This is a most comfy chair

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:20:16 PM

Sitting back by the fireplace and looking at the TV watching the election results. Sipping some sweet tea. rr

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:38:29 PM

Mendalla wrote:
curvygalore wrote:
lashing rain! ☕

You, too, eh. Nasty out there this morning. Could take a cold shower just by stepping out the door naked (not recommended in Ontario in November, though, unless you're fond of hypothermia).

I'll put a full kettle on for the tea and hot chocolate crowd. Which includes me (yes, I am a rare IT geek who doesn't drink coffee).

We have lashing rain here forecast all week (or possibly all winter!) It's not actually cold, although a bit nippy for bare skin!

Hot chocolate before bedtime sounds just right! 🍫
gillianleeza
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 4:41:50 PM

I'll have something cold to drink, a ginger ale, please. I'll be in a comfy chair listening to music through my headphones trying to ignore the news. I'll wait until morning to see the results.

It was a cool rainy day here. Cold weather coming in at the end of the week.

I'm narrowing down my menu for Thanksgiving and assigning people to bring dishes.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Cheers!
Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:38:27 PM

Windy night here. Glad I could stay home. No election to watch here and I can wait until morning to see what happens south of the border. Doing some reading and foruming.I'll just hunker down over by the fireplace with some lemon ginger herbal tea.

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:42:12 AM

Raining again today! ☔ A hot strong coffee would go down nicely, please!

Gill, your menu refining and delegating sounds like a very sensible plan for all those Thanksgiving guests.

Hope it's less blowy with you today, Scott!
Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 6:03:14 AM

Much quieter today, thank you. Wrestling with various writing ideas dancing in my brain. I have a sequel to "Night of the Wind", another story that has been bouncing around my brain for eons and never made it out (which would probably go here, it's basically a contemporary college romance with mystery or maybe urban fantasy elements), and a comp entry for another site I'm on.

* Settles in with a steaming cup of Earl Grey *

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 9:24:02 AM

Good morning. It's time for a cuppa java.

I'll consider writing a poem for the Time Warp competition. Have to think about it.

Cheers, all.

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
fuzzy1954
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:08:24 AM

on this lovely hump day enjoy a cookie coffee

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:23:00 PM

* momentarily turns blue and furry *

COOKIES!!!

* returns to usual black gorilla fur *

I'll have one of those thank you. With a green tea (too late in the day for black).

Lady In The Lake
meredith
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:08:41 PM

gillianleeza wrote:
Still debating pies but these have to be included I am told. Anyone who requests something has to make something.

Apple
Pumpkin
Pumpkin Cheese (Basically a cheesecake on the bottom topped with pumpkin pie)
Apple Pumpkin with a Streusel Topping
Triple Berry Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie (It doesn't really go with the holiday but it is my Dad's favorite)

I'll have a Cocoa Cola Please. Extra Cold with ice.

I know it's a coffee shop but I brought a box of cocktail umbrellas to liven up the non-coffee drinks. I hope no one minds.

Sad to see you did not include Pecan Pie in your list. Perfect, IMHO, with a cup of coffee.

My Maternal grandmother made pies out of Ground Cherries when I was young. Haven't had one in decades!

"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"

gillianleeza
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:09:07 PM

meredith wrote:
Sad to see you did not include Pecan Pie in your list. Perfect, IMHO, with a cup of coffee.

My Maternal grandmother made pies out of Ground Cherries when I was young. Haven't had one in decades!

I have been informed of my oversight by one of my sons. It has been added to the menu. I like it because it is so easy to make.

Now trying to figure out plates and utensils. I suggested paper plates but "real" utensils. That was rejected but no one had a solution to solve the problem that I do not have 18 place settings.

The debates continue.

I'll have a ginger ale and sit in the corner reading through some cookbooks.

Cheers Everyone!
hayley
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:24:25 PM

gillianleeza wrote:
meredith wrote:

I have been informed of my oversight by one of my sons. It has been added to the menu. I like it because it is so easy to make.

Now trying to figure out plates and utensils. I suggested paper plates but "real" utensils. That was rejected but no one had a solution to solve the problem that I do not have 18 place settings.

The debates continue.

Cheers Everyone!

What about picnic plates? The better ones are a cross between plastic and china. They are reusable and seem to last a while. Great for bbq's on the terrace in summer and should be ok for a big family dinner. And using real cutlery with them is fine, plus you can buy then individually.

I remember visiting my grandmother for the first time (that I remember). She had vines in the garden, almost up to the house. Except they were not grapes.. they were raspberries. Picking them was awesome. Took forever due to a condition I developed .. 'picker's testing' .. I picked heaps but due to my 'condition' ... my basket was always less than half full. Furry little things.

Thank you for bringing back the memories of the awesomeness of hot raspberry tart... crispest pastry ever! Came in pie form also. Always served with clotted cream, never with ice cream. (My grandmother never serves ice cream ... tooo bohemian she tells you.) :D

Ballantines goes really well with ginger ale. occasion7

gypsy
Posted: Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:15:57 AM

gillianleeza wrote:

The debates continue.

Cheers Everyone!

"It" being pecan pie, do you have a recipe to share? I'm curious what it takes, besides pecans. Could walnuts be substituted, yes I know it would not be pecan pie but pecans are rare and expensive here. Walnuts, however, are extensively grown in my region, and they are the best in the world.

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, November 8, 2018 11:42:20 AM

gypsy wrote:
gillianleeza wrote:

The debates continue.

Cheers Everyone!

"It" being pecan pie, do you have a recipe to share? I'm curious what it takes, besides pecans. Could walnuts be substituted, yes I know it would not be pecan pie but pecans are rare and expensive here. Walnuts, however, are extensively grown in my region, and they are the best in the world.

I often make pecan pie for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners. It's one of my favorites and seems to be popular.

I'll have a cuppa java while I sit here trying to come up with a story.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Thursday, November 8, 2018 1:13:38 PM

I'm admiring all the array of pie ideas! Delicious!

An orange juice and sparkling water, please. :)

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 3:24:01 AM

And it's Friday morning, 50-60 mph winds forecast today and bucketliads of rain.

I need a coffee to fortify me before I go out! ☕
Mendalla
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 6:11:21 AM

First snowfall of winter 2018-19 is underway here. Wet snow and only staying on grass and similar, melting on contact with asphalt so not really causing any problems yet.

A morning tea is in order.

Lady In The Lake
fuzzy1954
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 6:20:27 AM

for the LOVE of pies Happy TGIF

we had our first tease of snow and cold here going thru the week end too Scott.

black coffee please

everyone enjoy your week end!!

hayley
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 11:25:30 AM

fuzzy1954 wrote:

on this lovely hump day enjoy a cookie coffee

YUMMY! ... where's everyone else's?
hayley
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 11:30:33 AM

Mendalla wrote:
Much quieter today, thank you. Wrestling with various writing ideas dancing in my brain. I have a sequel to "Night of the Wind", another story that has been bouncing around my brain for eons and never made it out (which would probably go here, it's basically a contemporary college romance with mystery or maybe urban fantasy elements), and a comp entry for another site I'm on.

Careful now sweet man ... you know what they say about Earl Grey?

Trick everyone into thinking you are drinking Earl Grey by making a face everytime you sip from the cup.

hello2

hayley
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 11:41:35 AM

SEVEN WEEKS TO CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Lesss than actually.

Hope I didn't spoil the mood Shhh
gypsy
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 11:41:54 AM

hayley wrote:
Mendalla wrote:

Careful now sweet man ... you know what they say about Earl Grey?

Trick everyone into thinking you are drinking Earl Grey by making a face everytime you sip from the cup.

hello2

This is weird, what are you referring to or implying?

dontknow dontknow dontknow

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 12:14:17 PM

gypsy wrote:

Was puzzling over that myself. Where I come from "Earl Grey" just means Ceylonese black tea with oil of bergamot. The tea stores I frequent often add additional flavourings to create variations, but that's the basic Earl.

'Tis now late afternoon, so a nice green will fill my cup going forward.

Lady In The Lake
hayley
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 12:28:54 PM

Mendalla wrote:
gypsy wrote:

Was puzzling over that myself. Where I come from "Earl Grey" just means Ceylonese black tea with oil of bergamot. The tea stores I frequent often add additional flavourings to create variations, but that's the basic Earl.

Oh my! Professional coffee drinkers standard tease over tea drinkers. Nothing sinister. Earl Grey is Earl Grey no matter where you are. The tease isn't original.. it's rife in coffee circles, especially on the internet.

And I do drink tea toooooo ... but never Earl Grey! ... prefer Ceylon or Green Tea from the Highlands (Malaysia) or Taiwan .. although there is an awesome green tea in New Zealand called Chanui if you just want a quick bag fix, but I don't think it's exported.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 1:15:02 PM

Mendalla wrote:
gypsy wrote:

I agree. There's all sorts of flavours added to 'spice up' the flavour, which is fair enough, but I start the day with the basic version. Just black tea with oil of bergamot. So refreshing. ☕
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 1:59:17 PM

Brrr! It's cold and rainy here today (we've even had sleet at times) — the perfect day for a mug of hot chocolate.

How's everyone doing? hello2

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
hayley
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 3:24:13 PM

magnificent1rascal wrote:
Brrr! It's cold and rainy here today (we've even had sleet at times) — the perfect day for a mug of hot chocolate.

How's everyone doing? hello2

And marshmallows of course Shhh

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 5:35:51 PM

curvygalore wrote:

I agree. There's all sorts of flavours added to 'spice up' the flavour, which is fair enough, but I start the day with the basic version. Just black tea with oil of bergamot. So refreshing. ☕

Actually, I have a couple favorite variants.

Earl Grey Supreme, which I buy from a locally owned shop called Tea Haus, uses more bergamot than usual for a stronger citrus flavour

Cream of Earl Grey from David's Tea, a chain that covers most of Canada and some US areas, is Earl Grey with vanilla.

However, bedtime draws near so I need something caffeine free. Lemon ginger herbal will go down nicely.

Lady In The Lake
hayley
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2018 1:10:37 PM

Mendalla wrote:
curvygalore wrote:

Actually, I have a couple favorite variants.

Earl Grey Supreme, which I buy from a locally owned shop called Tea Haus, uses more bergamot than usual for a stronger citrus flavour

Cream of Earl Grey from David's Tea, a chain that covers most of Canada and some US areas, is Earl Grey with vanilla.

However, bedtime draws near so I need something caffeine free. Lemon ginger herbal will go down nicely.

Much as I admit to not liking Earl Grey your post reminded me to check my pantry, as I have friends who do like Earl Grey. This is what you have to choose from if you ever visit me ..

Queens Earl Grey (Darjeeling spoilt with bergamont.. sorry couldn't resist)

Blue Star Earl Grey (Black tea and flower petals.. according to the label)

French Earl Grey (a must here ... black tea, fruit, flower petals)

Earl Grey Organic (for really fussy friends.. label just says black tea, bergamot)

I hope you enjoy French pastries? They are always fresh as it's impossible for them to last a whole day with me around Shhh