Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:29:21 PM
DenimAngel

hello1
Howdy folks
Quiet day so far. Not planning on moving off my favorite chair .
It's chilly outside after being so pretty yesterday and my front yard could have past for a duck pond last night it rained off and on until the wee hours of the morning.

Cynthia I wanna know the book too pretty please
Curled up with a good book yesterday...
Got my flu shot yesterday too.

*sits out treats for the little adorable critters *
*sits out gingerbread cookies*

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:56:45 PM
elizabethblack

gypsy wrote:
https://twitter.com/un_women/status/1196416864798294016?s=21

Gypsy, thank you for a fabulously moving poem by a lovely, articulate author. So enjoyed it.

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 11:51:45 AM
DenimAngel

Howdy folks hello1
Looks like I'm the first one here even though it's late there is fresh coffee and hot water in a pretty kettle.
*sits out treats for humans and critters *
Gloomy outside so I think I'll stay inside and curl up with a good book
Happy Thursday folks

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:13:21 PM
Survivor

Today was ballet class. The teacher put us through some new moves. It was fun and tiring as well.

Victor and I took a nap when I got back home.

Just having my last cuppa coffee. There will be tea for me later.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Here's my latest story you might enjoy.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-into-the-night-.aspx

Here's a story Series I created that is called The Education of Mindy. This is the first story.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-mindy-learns-part-one-.aspx
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 8:43:49 AM
Rumple_deWriter

TGIF greetings to all who enter. Some nice, considerate and modest to a fault person (that would be, me) has gotten coffee brewing and the old tea kettle ketteling away.

Larry, don't you dare wear out poor Victor. ;)

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Survivor
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 10:28:59 AM
Survivor

The weather is still nearly freezing outside. Victor wore his little red hoodie jacket for his noon walk. He decided he didn't need to stay out too long. Running freely through the park could wait for warmer weather.

Great coffee, Bill. It works for me, for sure.

I'm trying to catch up on reading some authors I have not been good to in the past. It's good to find real gems that one has simply missed.

I've discovered from my ballet teacher that The Snow Queen, coming up early next year, will be an "all play" so even though they will have auditions all of the adults who try out will be cast in some role or other. Now it makes auditioning rather simple. I just need to decide if I want to do the work necessary to perform in a ballet/play that will showcase wonderful acting, singing, and dancing skills. It does take serious thought.

Now, I need to finish some reading and then try to produce some stories of my own. It's about time. flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.

Here's a story Series I created that is called The Education of Mindy. This is the first story.

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 12:26:32 PM
DenimAngel

Howdy folks hello1
I came bearing gifts of baked goodies : banana bread, oatmeal raisin cookies, butterscotch sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies
*sits out treats for the little critters *
Aww I bet Victor was adorable in his little hooded jacket
Quiet day here for the most part.
I'm planning on catching up on reading and getting a scamp adventure submitted finally got my notebook back that I write my adventures in

Happy FRIDAY!

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2019 6:12:13 AM
Mendalla

Snow's gone but it's still chilly. Had a hard frost last night. Definitely going to be logging a colder than normal November here unless things dramatically warm up (and that's not what I'm seeing in the forecast).

I've kind of laid off writing until I'm more in the mood. Just can't keep a story going even when I have a solid idea. Got lots in my OneNote notebook for future use and I'm doing some other creative work on things like fleshing out the fantasy world I used in Night of the Wind, but actual stories seem to be difficult for me right now.

Anyhow, just relaxing with a morning tea (Duke of Earl, it's another variant blend of Earl Grey with vanilla)

My latest, here for your enjoyment:

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2019 6:50:09 AM
Survivor

Good morning, Scott. It's a shame you can't find your mojo for writing. I always presume that writers do it because they like it. I know I do.

I just posted a new poem. It's a great pleasure to write poetry. And even better when someone reads it. flower

Nice cuppa java this morning, fresh from the little tin pot. Hope all who want coffee will enjoy. Tea drinkers, there is plenty of hot water and a plethora of teas.

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:26:43 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

I always presume that writers do it because they like it. I know I do.

That's exactly why I do it. But right now, I just seem to have lost my taste for it.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2019 9:38:49 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Greetings to Scott and Larry and anybody else who has stumbled in.

Me, I hate wifi - especially when it ain't working right. Had it ginning along last night but now, no love. My problem is when that happens, I'm kicked over to basic cable which blocks sites deemed too explicit. (sigh) (grrrr) (&%#@#$)&$)

But the coffee's good. ()slurp)

glasses8

No matter what happens, pizza will always be there for you. Thick and thin, in crust we trust.'

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2019 10:01:45 AM
Survivor

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Greetings to Scott and Larry and anybody else who has stumbled in.

Me, I hate wifi - especially when it ain't working right. Had it ginning along last night but now, no love. My problem is when that happens, I'm kicked over to basic cable which blocks sites deemed too explicit. (sigh) (grrrr) (&%#@#$)&$)

But the coffee's good. ()slurp)

glasses8

I've had problems with my WiFi a couple or more times in the past month or so. For me, it is a simple matter. I unplug the power supply from the box. Wait for ten. Then plug it back in. Has worked every time, so far. I know, I know. You did that and it still did not work. Sorry, mate.

One last cuppa java for me. flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2019 1:05:10 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 howdy folks
A large hot tea it's gloomy outside.
I'm without TV at the moment (stupid dinosaur TV and DVD player won't talk to each other without a converter box since DVD player doesn't have a spot for coxial cable). The stupid part I need is like $15 bucks I can find it cheaper at the second hand store on Monday.

*sits out treats for the little critters*
*sits a large snowman cookie jar on the counter filled with all kinds of cookies*

No Wi-Fi issues here ... But If my phone acts up I'm curl up in the corner and cry
Happy Saturday folks

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2019 6:38:10 AM
Survivor

Waiting for some fresh coffee to brew.

The Nutcracker rehearsal is this morning into the afternoon. About two and a half hours. Then there will be a break for the Thanksgiving season. We won't get together for another rehearsal until the 7th of December which will begin the rehearsing every day until the performances start.

It will be up to about 60F/16C degrees today for the high. Not too bad.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2019 8:13:32 AM
Mendalla

Survivor wrote:

It will be up to about 60F/16C degrees today for the high. Not too bad.

flower

Beats 4C, which is our forecast high.

Elbow hurts like hell when I move it and I have no effing idea what i did to it. My fingers have been bad recently but that's my arthritis. Those joints have been x-rayed and confirmed presence of osteo in them. But this elbow hasn't been a problem before.

Kind of wish I lived out your way, Larry. There's a touring production of The Nutcracker doing one night here this year, but it's while I'm away on Christmas holidays. They work with the McMichael Canadian Collection, a famous art gallery near Toronto, so the setting is Ontario in the Edwardian period with Group of Seven paintings as the backdrops.

Time for more tea.

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2019 12:55:38 PM
Survivor

Back from rehearsal for the Nutcracker. No rehearsing again until the 7th at 9:00 in the morning. That will begin the tech week.

We have oodles of Nutcracker productions in our part of the country. One in Topeka, one in Lawrence, one in Kansas City, one in Wichita. Not sure about other places near here. Ours here is based on the Civil War period in Kansas with John Brown playing a role, along with grasshoppers, sunflowers, and mice.

Final cuppa coffee for me.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2019 1:52:31 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 howdy

Nice day here even if it's chilly outside
A large sweet tea pretty please.

Oh I LOVE the NUTCRACKER.. I won't get to see it live unless the local high school is hosting it. But I can always find 1 or 2 versions on DVD so that will be a happy thing
Dancing mice are cute.

*sittting out treats for the little critters *
*refilling the cookie jar and cleaning up the crumbs. *

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2019 7:30:01 AM
Rumple_deWriter

A Monday Mourning wish that all Inspirations patrons have a safe and warm day. Coffee's on and if I don't say so myself, it's not that bad. The tea kettle is full of hot water for the tea and coco crowd, and thanks to Sara, there's a full ration of cookies available.

Y'all take care out there.

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2019 10:14:02 AM
Survivor

Thanks for the coffee, Bill. Still drinking it this afternoon.

Victor had a walk across to the park. We didn't stay long since the wind was blowing and the wind chill changed the feel of the temperature uncomfortably lower.

Listening to some background coffee jazz.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2019 12:16:36 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 howdy folks
Ugh it's so WINDY outside... I'm not going anywhere if I don't have to.
A large sweet tea need caffeine feeling kind like a slow moving turtle.
*checking the cookie jar and adding red velvet cookies to it *
*sitting out red velvet cupcakes *
Thanksgiving prep starts Wednesday flower
Happy Monday folks

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 6:39:31 AM
Survivor

Thanksgiving day is Thursday this week. I will be driving down to my oldest sister's house to have dinner with our extended family. At least a dozen or more I'm sure. I'll make the three and a half-hour drive on Wednesday, spend the night, have the celebration, then come back home on Friday.

We're looking forward to it.

The coffee is hot and ready. Does anyone want tea? That water is hot as well.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:00:42 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Morning, Vic, how's by you and your quality of life support human, Larry?

Blessed by the name of Sara for re-stocking the cookie jar and to Vic's buddy for some mighty fine coffee.

Me, I'm still having a totally 'heck and darn' time with my 'puter. Called Cox yesterday. After the customer support person and I tried for 30 minutes to fix things, a visit from a Tech guy was scheduled. (sigh)

BTW, thanks for the suggestion to unplug my router. Problem is, I've done did that, several times. First time it worked like the proverbial charm, but overnight things reverted to the less than perfect performance state which no amount of unplugging helps. :(

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:52:02 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 howdy folks
All I'm gonna say is [/b]BRR[b] 32F and I gotta go out in it for my monthly counseling appointment... Good thing I'm her lunch appointment and get a free lunch out of it or I'd say NO WAY JOSE!

A large coffee since its so cold and I need caffeine.
*looks in the cookie jar and sees nothing but crumbs... Refilling it with cookies shaped like pumpkins and turkeys and chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter and banana cookies *
*sits out treats for the little critters *

Larry that sounds like loads of fun for Thanksgiving
Bill that Wi-Fi problem sounds like a giant pain in the butt

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:58:36 AM
henrietta_fielding

Hello everyone! Good to catch up on your news!

Thanks for your refills of the cookie jar, Sara! Glad the Nutcracker rehearsals are going well, Larry, and hope your wifi is getting sorted Bill!

No Thanksgiving this side of the pond. However, I am going to a wedding tomorrow, which is suitably celebratory. It's the son of close friends getting married and I know all the family very well so it should be a great day. So looking forward to it!
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:44:44 AM
Survivor

Get-togethers of family and friends are so much fun, Cynthia. I know you will have a good time at the wedding.

We will be off in a couple of hours, driving into the south and perhaps a slightly warmer temperature. But we still need to brew so coffee.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 9:53:11 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Safe traveling, Larry.

Safe wedding reception dancing, Cyn. Also and in addition, congrats on your publication news. Tell us more. ;)

Posted something a bit different in the Calls for Subs forum. This time it's a list of sites looking for book reviews. Check it out.

(slurp) Larry, he did right by the coffee. Anybody else need a cup or two of HOT: java, tea or coco?

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:50:27 AM
DenimAngel

hello1 howdy folks
A large coffee pretty please it's cold outside

The wedding sounds like great fun Cynthia!
Have fun at your sister's for Thanksgiving Larry
Bill what kind of trouble are you causing in the valley of the sun for Thanksgiving ?

I'm going to a good friends house for Thanksgiving since I don't have any family locally friends take turns adopting me for the holidays.
So I'll do some baking to take to the feast tomorrow.
I'll make a pecan pie from a family recipe
And I'll take some cookies too... Red velvet and white chocolate chip cookies
*checking the cookie jar *
*Puts out treats for the little critters*
In the meantime I'm hang out in my favorite chair.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019 9:01:38 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Coffee's on as is hot water for the tea and coco crowd. At no additional charge, I've donated a giant, economy size bottle of a leading antacid for the benefit of all, especially those who over indulged even more than usual. ;)

Seems like the weather's pretty crappy over most of the US of A. Y'all be careful out there.

glasses8

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:28:08 AM
DenimAngel

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all hello1
Have a great day and be safe
And those who don't celebrate Thanksgiving ..enjou your day and be safe
That bottle might come in handy Bill
A large coffee while I wait for my friend to pick me up

*sits out treats for the little adorable critters *
The cookie jar is full of goodies

flower have a great day

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019 1:56:00 PM
Survivor

Have a great day, all.

So cold today. It is not even Winter and I am already so tired it.

Heading home tomorrow.

flower