Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, November 3, 2019 6:45:46 PM

DenimAngel wrote:

It was a good day. I spent a hour with my youngest fans of Scamps Adventures. The Sunday school teacher couldnt wrangle the wee ones so she sent her helper to find me so I could tell them a scamp adventure to settle them down.

Fantastic! The Scamp stories would be perfect for that.

* yawn * Anyhow, I'll just settle in with an herbal tea before I skitter off to bed.

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 6:34:24 AM

Hello, all. Time to get the tin percolator on the stove and make some coffee. Also a pot of water is ready to boil for any teas you desire.

I saw a fine play yesterday over in Kansas City, Missouri. At a place called the Just Off Broadway Theatre. I'd never been there before but my sister-in-law has a role in the play and I was interested to see that the theater is the venue used by a group called the KC Meltingpot Theatre. I was lucky enough to see a new play put on by actors of a diverse range of ethnicity and color. Great fun.

I do hope everyone struggling with illnesses and such are coming around to health once again. I'm watching closely to see if my flu shot will work its magic again this year.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 11:02:13 AM

hello1 howdy folks
A large sweet tea pretty please.
*sitting out treats for all the little critters and humans *
Quiet morning and the weather isn't too cold.
Gotta go out in a bit for propane and movies.
*climbing up in my favorite chair with Miss Molly the monkey
Hope everyone has a quiet Monday

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 2:35:33 PM

So are Miss Molly and Scamp related? Inquiring minds want to know.

Time for some green tea. It's already dark here. That lost hour makes a big difference. OTOH, it's brighter in the morning now and that's where I'd rather have the light in any case.

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 2:41:50 PM

Tonight is the second rehearsal for the short play St Peter that will be performed on November 15th and 16th. It will be a staged reading so we don't need to memorize our lines. We carry the scripts on stage with us. Sort of like the old radio plays. I will leave in an hour or less.

I need to get dinner on the table pretty quickly to eat before I leave.

I'm having some tea right now.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 2:50:59 PM

Mendalla wrote:

Time for some green tea. It's already dark here. That lost hour makes a big difference. OTOH, it's brighter in the morning now and that's where I'd rather have the light in any case.

Molly and Scamp are distant cousins

Survivor
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 3:18:03 PM

DenimAngel wrote:
Mendalla wrote:

I'm a distant cousin of the two of them, as well. geek

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 3:22:33 PM

Survivor wrote:
DenimAngel wrote:
Mendalla wrote:

I'm a distant cousin of the two of them, as well. geek

clapping
kekekegay Uh huh .

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 3:24:52 PM

Ain't we all?

Lady In The Lake
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 5:43:34 AM

Coffee's on and the tea kettle is full of boiling water. Youse guys grab whatever you want and double-time it over to the the list of stories. The two currently atop the list are, imo, must reads.

Anna's 'Rembrance' challenge entry is brillian, moving and much deserves the RR it received. I'd suggest you read it first.

Next, scroll down to Larry's micro piece featuring Vic the wonder dog. It'll leave you with a smile.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 6:17:53 AM

Bill, Victor thanks you for the friendly endorsement.

I'll have some of a cuppa java, for sure. With my usual fixins.

I had a good rehearsal last night. Next will be on Wednesday evening. Not a lot of rehearsing necessary for staged readings. The players are carrying the script about with them.

Now for some reading to get done.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 10:35:16 AM

Howdy folks hello1
A large sweet tea pretty please. Early start but quiet so far
I agree with Bill... Victor is a wonder dog
*sitting out treats for the little critters and freshed baked cinnamon rolls for the humans *
No plans to go anywhere today but that is always subject to change
Happy Tuesday folks

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:51:06 PM

Well, my day got rearranged. I found I needed to figure out how to replace the temperature and pressure valve on my water heater. In addition, the kitchen had an annoying drip. So I spent some time trying to correct those problems. After making a major mess I do believe it is all resolved.

Perhaps I save a ton of money. I spent just $19.00 for parts. The labor was on me. flower

We shall see how what my messing about has achieved in the coming days. geek

I need some coffee.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 4:18:10 AM

gypsy wrote:

Thank you, Cynthia, for your kind words, it is a real relief the antibiotics are working. He's still very tired and low on energy and gets winded easily, even the two flights of stairs to our floor knock him back a bit. He has been making noises about going out to the store, which is quite close by but far enough that he isn't up for it. I told him if he tried it I would hide all his shoes. Anything that is needed, I can get.

Your Christmas beading projects sound interesting, are you doing needle beading, or frame beading or another technique?

Enjoy the play, Larry, glad to hear your weather should be all right.

So glad to here the antibiotics are kicking on and Himself is feeling better. Hide those shoes before he does too much! Wishing him a smooth recovery. :) I will read your latest story very soon.

I just do needle beading so basically sewing. Easy to pick up and put down and just fit in whenever I can!

I'm sure the Sunday School children had such a treat with you making up Scamp stories live for them, Sara!

Hope the play rehearsals are going well, Larry!

I need a pot of Early Grey tea to wake me up today!
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 5:06:24 AM

Morning, y'all and happy Hump Day.

If you haven't done so already, get thee to the story list and check out Anna's 'challenge' entry, 'Rembrance'. Me, I got a question. Is that spelling 'rembrance' vs 'remembrance' an example of UK vs US spelling -- or what? Confused minds wanna know.

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 6:51:45 AM

Well, Bill, I'm thinking that Anna may have let a misspelling slip by. I sure can't find rembrance in the dictionary. But, we do know what she meant, for sure.

I hope you're doing well, Cynthia. I have another rehearsal tonight.

Gypsy, Himself is surely getting to the end of the anti-biotics, I hope. Best of luck with that.

I expect I will get to proof another Scamp story soon.

Now for this fresh coffee.

flower

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:15:55 AM

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Morning, y'all and happy Hump Day.

If you haven't done so already, get thee to the story list and check out Anna's 'challenge' entry, 'Rembrance'. Me, I got a question. Is that spelling 'rembrance' vs 'remembrance' an example of UK vs US spelling -- or what? Confused minds wanna know.

glasses8

I don't know what you mean. Looks Okay to me... d'oh! Whistle Shhh hiding

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 1:09:53 PM

It was such a lovely day so we took a little jaunt out to a nearby nature park to walk around and enjoy ourselves.

It will be dinner time soon and then I will be off to my rehearsal for tonight.

Time for afternoon tea.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 2:20:41 PM

hello2
Howdy folks
Did my grocery shopping (spent a small fortune). Then we stopped at Sonic for deep fried Oreos with vanilla ice cream.
But we started off with a caramel frappe.
It was a fun day .
I'll have a sweet tea pretty please. I hope everyone is having a great day

Larry I'm glad y'all got out and enjoyed the nice weather.

elizabethblack
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 6:47:31 PM

I have been reading to keep tabs on everyone, but didn't want to put people to sleep talking about my daily activities. Not to alarm you Gypsy but a friend of mine's husband had the same symptoms but his is heart failure. Exact same symptoms. Used to call it congestive heart failure but they have dropped the congestive. Just had to let you know since himself sounds like her got pretty darn sick.

So happy Larry that you got out and about with Sir Victor. And rehearsal went well.

And Anna is spelling the Southern American pronouncement of Rembrance. Perfectly acceptable. I'm going to read that soonest.

Cynthia, I got a whole tin box full of Earl Grey from a friend and I don't drink anything but herbal teas. Trying to figure out who I can give it to without my friend finding out. Not a lot of people drink tea. My bestie friend from Scotland has never liked tea.

A delightful thing happened, I went out to dinner with husband for anniversary and we were shocked that two women at a nearby table paid for our dinner according to our server. We really only said happy anniversary to each other in a very quiet voice.....how nice. I think we have a "pay it forward".

Survivor
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 6:24:14 AM

Good morning from Kansas. The coffee is brewing. I will be leaving for my ballet class in two hours.

Victor sees my dance bag and knows I will be leaving him. He will go to the front window seat and mope when he sees me put on shoes and pick up my bag.

The temperature today is horrid. It is presently 25F/-4C degrees. Frigid, and it is not even Thanksgiving yet.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 6:54:24 AM

Morning Inspired Stories Spacers. Got hot water and coffee waiting for anyone who comes dragging in. Rumors of biscuits and gravy being served, sooner or later,are being investigated.

My 'Listening in the Rain' story has defied logic and good taste to receive a tenth vote! :) Many thanks to all who voted. This means there are now two entries on the SS 'Story Picks' list. Remember, vote early and, if you can figure out how, vote often on all SS stories.

glasses8

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 10:47:50 AM

hello1 howdy folks
*sits out treats for the resident furry little critters *
*sits out cinnamon rolls and blueberry muffins for the humans *
A large sweet tea pretty please.
The weather is so weird
Moving a little slow today.
Happy Thursday folks

elizabethblack
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:00:57 PM

Sara, you think of the nicest things for furry friends and well as human ones. Thank you. I am baking acorns. To kill the worms/weevils. I'm house and dog sitting at a friends and she has the most marvelous oak trees and the ground it covered with huge and small acorns. I couldn't help collecting some and I know you have to bake them first before using them in a craft or keeping in the house. I will get some glue and laquer spray tomorrow for them and my friend will have a nice fall decoration when she comes home... a bowl full of acorns.

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:23:34 PM

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Morning Inspired Stories Spacers. Got hot water and coffee waiting for anyone who comes dragging in. Rumors of biscuits and gravy being served, sooner or later,are being investigated.

My 'Listening in the Rain' story has defied logic and good taste to receive a tenth vote! :) Many thanks to all who voted. This means there are now two entries on the SS 'Story Picks' list. Remember, vote early and, if you can figure out how, vote often on all SS stories.

glasses8

Biscuits and gravy??!!

and ? dontknow

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:37:17 PM

elizabethblack wrote:
Sara, you think of the nicest things for furry friends and well as human ones. Thank you. I am baking acorns. To kill the worms/weevils. I'm house and dog sitting at a friends and she has the most marvelous oak trees and the ground it covered with huge and small acorns. I couldn't help collecting some and I know you have to bake them first before using them in a craft or keeping in the house. I will get some glue and laquer spray tomorrow for them and my friend will have a nice fall decoration when she comes home... a bowl full of acorns.

That sounds like a GREAT fall project
Oh doggie sitting is so fun.. What kind of doggie?

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:24:40 PM

AnnaMayZing wrote:

Biscuits and gravy??!!

By biscuits, they mean this:

And the gravy is sausage gravy, which is lighter in colour and has its own rather distinct flavour. Biscuits and gravy is one of the those things that I inevitably make a beeline for when I'm South of the border. Mercifully for my circulatory system, it is fairly rare up here.

* makes a camomile tea *

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2019 8:03:49 AM

It is only 35F degrees outside. Just above zero for the rest of the world. It's good to have some coffee inside today.

Not a thing on this Friday agenda. Oh, I need to go and fill up my wife's car with fuel. She lets it get to the blinking empty light. Be back later.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2019 8:15:17 AM

Greetings to all spacey Stories Spacers.

ALERT!
A Sausage & Biscuit update.

Whataburger (USff chain) has a breakfast menu that includes biscuits and gravy that's good, in fact, I'll be so bold as to say, real good. They serve breakfast from 11 pm to 11 am.

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, November 8, 2019 10:49:47 AM

hello1 howdy folks
*sittin out treats for the furry little critters * *sitting out treats for the humans *
Bill another fast food chain that has excellent biscuits and gravy is Hardees (East Coast and Carl's Jr on the West Coast.
A large sweet tea.
It's nice outside today. But will be cold tonight.
Happy Friday everyone