Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Mendalla
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2019 10:23:18 AM

fuzzy1954 wrote:

How this for a sign to welcome people here?

Doesn't quite look like Victor, but I think it works. Put it on a sign over the front door kind of like a pub sign, maybe.

Anyone else for a green tea? I put out a mix of pecan and butter tarts for munching.

My Stories here:

Voice of Ice (Cosmic Horror)
Night of the Wind (Fantasy)
Lady in the Lake (Ghost Story)

My Poems Here:

On Seeing the Light (Re)born - Revelling in a tropical sunrise
Spooky People - Hallowe'en celebration
DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2019 1:51:25 PM

Ooo love the new sign for the place.
Howdy folks hello1
A large sweet tea please
Quiet day here.. Chilly outside so I'm stay indoors with a good book and good movie. Gonna try to get something written today.
*sits out treats for the little sweet critters and double fudge brownies for the humans *
Hope everyone is having a great day

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2019 1:54:03 PM

INSPIRATIONS: Home of the Happy Hound

Anything for an alliteration. ;)

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Survivor
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2019 2:05:54 PM

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
INSPIRATIONS: Home of the Happy Hound

Anything for an alliteration. ;)

Yep, nicely done, Bill.

My time online has been profitable today. I completed a poem here on Stories Space and have submitted it for approval. I've also completed a story on another site and I'm just waiting for that site to become available once again to submit it for approval.

We shall see how long it takes to get both of them up and on the main pages for perusal by the loyal fans I have. flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2019 4:11:41 PM

Even if I never get any comments, I too have some reading material for anyone who'd care to look. flower
Mendalla
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2019 6:42:21 PM

onlyplatinumbaby wrote:
Even if I never get any comments, I too have some reading material for anyone who'd care to look. flower

Welcome. Good little piece, too. And you have Beethoven on your profile which always gets brownie points with me. glasses8

My Stories here:

My Poems Here:

Survivor
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2019 9:15:49 PM

onlyplatinumbaby wrote:

Just an observation FWIW - it becomes much easier to have readers and folks to comment when one has taken part in the process. I try to read and score and comment on the first story or two of every newcomer to the site. It's a rather kind thing to do, I believe. Sometimes it is a little difficult to comment on work that may be rather unusual or subtle. But I do try. Then I just wait and see if the newcomer has any intention of reciprocating. I'm always happy when they decide to actually be a part of the community here.

It's perfectly true that one's intentions may be to simply write and put their work out there for the world to read if it will. To have no other purpose other than that. My purpose when I arrived here was to write, but also to have my work read. And I hoped it would be appreciated. To a certain extent it has. I am extremely happy with my experiences writing on our site here.

It's always the hope of all the old-timers here that our site will grow and prosper. We do what we can to make it so.

I'm late getting to bed tonight. I am awaiting the return of another site to service so I can submit a story for approval. So I had best have some herbal tea as I wait. Other sites are active for reading purposes.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 7:26:04 AM

I'm enjoying some of my morning brew. Not too bad.

I've got a ton of reading to do now that I've submitted a story into a competition somewhere else. Then later this afternoon just a short period of touch up painting to do.

Hope we all have great days.

flower

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 1:25:37 PM

onlyplatinumbaby wrote:

Hi and welcome to Stories Space. I'm afraid that mostly, poetry is not my thing. Do you have a name? Even if only a pseudonym? It is not easy to say, Hi Onlyplatinumbaby! icon_smile
I hope you get to like us here and post much, much more of your work. hello2

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 1:50:23 PM

Howdy folks
Late drop in. hello1
A large sweet tea. The weather is nice today .
But no plans to go outside today.
*sitting out cookies for the humans *
*sitting out treats for Miss Purr and Mr Victor *
... Climbing up in my favorite chair and staying put.
Welcome to the new person enjoy your stay.
It's a fun place to be

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2019 1:21:12 PM

Hello, all.

Just having some Tetley's black tea. I just got back from rehearsal for the Nutcracker. I'll have dinner and then go to the first read-through of the short play I will be in next month.

Just getting up to date online now with Victor chewing on his Tiger beside me.

flower

gypsy
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2019 1:46:12 PM

Well the past twelve days have been quite a ride, with himself coming down with the first cold of the season, not too bad and fairly innocuous.

Or so it seemed...

Until weird stuff happened eight days into it, extreme tiredness, muscle aches, fatigue, loss of appetite, fever.

Come on, loss of appetite? help Fever? help

No I'm fine, no, I'm fine, cough, cough, cough, rinse, repeat...

With the FEVER, yes, fever, breaking last night so he was drenched. Awful.

Today?

No, I'm ok, not great, but it was - interruption for dreadful coughing fit - worse before - cough, cough, cough, trouble climbing stairs, gasp, wheeze, cough, no I'm not hungry but I'll be gasp, wheeze ok. Also the fever may have broken in the night but ahem! Was it over with?

Um, guess not...

So earlier tonight we took a taxi to the 7/7 24h walk in clinic because someone still had a 39C temperature for the third day in a row.

confused5 confused5 confused5

Geez. Diagnosis? Bronchitis, antibiotics for six days as well as a solution to ease the coughing.

At least it is not pneumonia which we both suspected, still, bronchial infection ain't to be taken lightly especially for a person of his age, or any age for that matter.

Otherwise, all is just grand. geek

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2019 2:44:29 PM

hello1 hi everyone
Feeling a little under the weather today...might be a flu bug since I was exposed to it earlier this week. I'll take my ginger ale and crackers and sit in the corner.
Hope everyone has a great day

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2019 3:25:29 PM

gypsy wrote:
Well the past twelve days have been quite a ride, with himself coming down with the first cold of the season, not too bad and fairly innocuous.

Or so it seemed...

Until weird stuff happened eight days into it, extreme tiredness, muscle aches, fatigue, loss of appetite, fever.

So earlier tonight we took a taxi to the 7/7 24h walk in clinic because someone still had a 39C temperature for the third day in a row.

confused5 confused5 confused5

Geez. Diagnosis? Bronchitis, antibiotics for six days as well as a solution to ease the coughing.

At least it is not pneumonia which we both suspected, still, bronchial infection ain't to be taken lightly especially for a person of his age, or any age for that matter.

Otherwise, all is just grand. geek

That sounds frightening, Gypsy. I surely hope all is well with those drugs. We all hope he is well. sad10

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2019 7:19:20 PM

Healing vibes to all the sick and maybe sick. Got my flu shot yesterday so hopefully I dodge at least that bullet. I've got enough chronic health issues now without dealing with acute ones, too. OTOH, I got a rare summer cold this year which is unusual for me so maybe there's a bad season coming. I mean, it could have been my old hay fever, which has kind of faded in recent years, running rampant but it sure felt like a cold. I can usually tell the difference.

An herbal tea will go nicely before bed. G'night all.

My Stories here:

My Poems Here:

gypsy
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 4:05:53 AM

Thanks all for the good wishes. Larry, it is really frightening. I filled the prescription for antibiotics and other medication this morning, so he is just starting to counter attack the bacteria. Nevertheless he is still running a fever and is weak and tired and miserable - who wouldn't be?

Sarah, I hope you get better quickly. There is plenty of ginger-ale and crackers here, that is such a basic sick-room necessity. I also prepare a thermos of honey, lemon and grated ginger steeped in hot water for sipping on during the night. In spite of resistance from the (im)patient, he actually drinks it and admits that it helps.

I spent the morning vacuuming the radiators before we put the heat on, which we will do soon especially with someone being sick and running a fever, to try and get rid of as much dust as possible. They are open at the top and have ridges inside which just cumulate dust, and when the heat is turned on, the air gets that horrible, stale dusty smell to it. Plus, I am quite allergic to dust mites so once we have the heat running, my allergies worsen. Then later this week I'll get the flu vaccine.

Sorry everyone, I'm rambling all over the place here, mainly because I'm trying to keep all the balls up in the air, not forget any of them, and not drop any of them.

Scott, what are the chances of installing a ginger-ale barrel so it can be drawn like draft beer is? Because it is already in great demand, I suspect there will be a fair amount consumed.

Right. Off to scrounge something for lunch, wake the patient up in 45 minutes for his next round of medication, and feed the neighbours cat.

talk to you all later, stay warm and healthy!

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 5:42:58 AM

gypsy wrote:

Scott, what are the chances of installing a ginger-ale barrel so it can be drawn like draft beer is? Because it is already in great demand, I suspect there will be a fair amount consumed.

What? Like this one I just picked up? drunken

Good morning all. The one nice day we are getting this week and I'll be stuck in meetings for most of it. sad10

Time to fortify with some strong black orange pekoe, me thinks.

My Stories here:

My Poems Here:

Survivor
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 6:21:30 AM

Good morning in cold Kansas. It is 38F/3C degrees this morning and will not get above 42F/6C degrees later on today.

Nothing planned for this day. I may work on a sonnet. I'll see how I feel.

The coffee is almost ready. It will be here when you need it and the water is always close to boiling for the necessary tea.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 3:00:46 PM

hello1 howdy folks
A large ginger ale. Off to the doctor in a bit. Happy he could squeeze me in.
Hope to get some reading done today got scamps adventure finished just need to get it proofread. And then working on scamps Halloween adventure. I was hoping to have a scary story written but being sick has messed with my writing timeline.
Have a good day everyone I'll be back later.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2019 4:15:12 PM

Sara, hope your doctor's visit goes well. Here's some ginger ale I found in the bottom of Mendala's chiller unit. I'll put the charge on Larry's tab.

Just posted the second half of lit. sites that pay. It includes several poetry and sci/fi sites plus several 'name brand' publications such as: The New Yorker, Poetry, and Analog. Slim odds of getting accepted by any of those but a struggling writer can dream.

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:42:11 AM

The coffee is hot and freshly brewed. Teapots are at the ready.

It is exactly freezing outside and I believe that autumn has officially been bypassed this year. What strange weather.

Nothing much to do today. Just feeling sorry for the ones out there suffering from illness. Be well soon, Sara. I do hope himself is much better, Gypsy.

The pup and I will get on with our computer morning chores.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 7:50:33 AM

Larry, I don't care what everybody else keeps saying about you, imo, you brew a mighty fine cup of coffee. ;)

BTW, please scratch Vic's ears for me.

ladysharon
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:15:24 PM

Is there any coffee available? I'll take mine strong with lots of cream and sugar. I'm almost done with Blogtober, and I was asked to participate in Blogvember and Blogmas. If I do, it'll be on a smaller scale. I do want to pervert the English language again with one of my newest pieces.

DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:15:27 PM

Howdy folks hello2
*sitting out treats for the little critters *
A large sweet tea I'm sick of ginger ale.
The doctor visit went well. The flu bug has landed on my doorstep . I should be better soon.
This weather is so weird
About time for stocking up on hot chocolate and mini marshmallows .

Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 2:45:51 PM

Hi all. Get well soon, Sara.

Survived a 1 1/2 day management team meeting. Now I can get some work done the rest of this week. Putting the kettle on and getting out some green tea.

My Stories here:

My Poems Here:

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 4:44:28 PM

Having some herbal tea with you.

Freezing, I'm already tired of the cold. I don't know how I'm gonna get through another winter. At least we are not getting ill around here. We got our flu shots over a month ago.

Have a good evening.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 4:49:42 PM

Lady Sharon, what's this 'Blog...' stuff you mentioned? As usual, Rumple the eternally clueless is way behind the learning curve. (sigh)

Sara, get mo' better quick like. Your mention of hot chocolate has done flung a craving on me.

Scott, do you have hot chocolate in the Inspirations' inventory?

glasses8

Mendalla
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:42:25 PM

Of course. Sara would never forgive me if I didn't. I think we're out of marshmallows, though.confused1

My Stories here:

My Poems Here:

starlight4ever
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:53:13 PM

Get Better my Friend !!!! I have hot chocolate and marshmallows here if you ever want to drop by!!! hugs!!!!!
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 7:09:33 AM

Good morning to the fellow travelers. It is presently 36F/2C degrees out there. We made our walk quick this morning. Victor was wanting to dawdle but I'm afraid I didn't allow it.

The coffee is hot. I'm having my first cup of the day. I've got some story reading to get done but that should be all the chores.

Sara, I just hope you are not having all of the bad symptoms of flu. Get well soon. Gypsy, I hope 'himself' is getting better, as well.

flower