Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 1:17:43 PM

Good afternoon, Sara. Hi, Scott. Time for tea for me. I switch over after three cups of java. That's all the caffeine I need. I will have some tea without caffeine in it.

We got some painting done. The most work is moving furniture, patching holes, preparing surfaces. Now we are on the way to completing the actual painting. I won't get a lot done tomorrow. That is my dance class day.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
gillianleeza
Posted: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:59:47 PM

Hello everyone, I'm glad you got your phone sorted out Sara.

Painting is a tedious job at times. The prep certainly is the most time-consuming.

I finished redoing one bedroom and will work on another one. I just have to sort out all the junk in that bedroom. When my boys moved out they put anything they didn't want to take with them in the spare room. They will want some of those things so I need to find a place for them. That will entail tackling my attic. Work on a house never ends.

It's been another beautiful fall day here. I'll take a glass of wine before bed.

Cheers Everyone!
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:45:49 AM

I was just scrolling back through the last page and catching up on everyone's news. Scott, for a minute there I assumed 'Irish tea' must be a euphemism for a pint of Guinness!

Hope Gill and Larry's various house painting tasks go well. And good to see Sara back! (hugs)

It's definitely getting cooler here, but grey and drizzly rather than crisp and cold. A cup of Larry's java would just hit the spot to get me going thus morning.
Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 5:50:45 AM

henrietta_fielding wrote:
IScott, for a minute there I assumed 'Irish tea' must be a euphemism for a pint of Guinness!

I may have mentioned this already in other places, but I was in the Guinness complex this past summer and had a pint. Not my thing, I'm afraid. I'm not big on beer in general. My son is the beer drinker in the family and, yes, he drinks Guinness. One of his faves, in fact.

Orange pekoe tea with a shot of lemon today. We're getting a spate of nice fall weather so I can't complain.

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 6:24:22 AM

Good day to my fellow travelers. A fresh pot of coffee is brewing.

The temperature outside is 61F/16C. So it is perfectly lovely. I'll be heading off to ballet class in a couple of hours. More painting this afternoon.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:16:24 AM

hello1 howdy folks!
A sweet tea please! Cynthia it's good to be back flower
It's windy here on my mountain so I'm staying indoors

Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:54:34 AM

I wish I lived on a mountain, windy or no. I love being in the mountains.

Green tea time.

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:36:38 PM

It's time to quit the painting for the day. I am sore and aching. Dinner time soon. Victor is tired of the ruckus in his house as well. He's settled down next to me on the settee.

flower

elizabethblack
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 6:28:49 PM

Gill and Larry are making me tired. I have to say that today was one of the most beautiful days we have around here. But temperature out on my back covered porch was 45F in the morning and I got a little worried about some of the houseplants that are still out there. But only brought one in. Tomorrow will be a good day for some of the rest.
Smiling at Gill having to crate up the boys possessions and find room for them. My brother in Tucson was just telling me yesterday that he is going to make his children (a boy and girl - adults) come over and sort through all the boxes of their things and take them away. He told them, no sitting there and saying "Oh look at this picture I drew in first grade." I smile when I think that all his demands and instructions won't do a darned bit of good.

Survivor
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 6:36:49 AM

Good day, one and all. I have a pot of Arabica coffee brewing. The kettle is on the stove. Victor is snuggled up next to me. No idea where the cat is.

The painting is going along. Slowly. It appears we will need another gallon or two.

This morning the temperature is 38F/3C and it feels cold. I'm really not enjoying these weather patterns spreading around the world.

Learning to live with it. flower

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 6:59:37 AM

Survivor wrote:

No idea where the cat is.

Likely either hiding from or stalking Victor. cat

Home today. Had a fever last night and, while all seems well, no harm in taking a sick day to be safe.

Pouring a tea for myself. Anyone else?

Lady In The Lake
DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 1:05:21 PM

Howdy folks
I brought my monkey Molly to visit the coffee house today.
*puts out treats for Victor and Miss purr*
*puts out fresh baked cookies...chocolate chip, red velvet and thumbprint with the Hershey kisses *
A hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows is chilly today

Survivor
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 2:03:31 PM

How are you, Sara? I've been out with Victor getting his nails done. He looks lovely now.

We have a new purchase in the coffee house. It's a vacuum canister to keep coffee hot when patrons are away. It may be convenient for anyone needing some coffee but not wanting to wait for it to be freshly brewed.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 2:28:43 PM

Survivor wrote:
How are you, Sara? I've been out with Victor getting his nails done. He looks lovely now.

We have a new purchase in the coffee house. It's a vacuum canister to keep coffee hot when patrons are away. It may be convenient for anyone needing some coffee but not wanting to wait for it to be freshly brewed.

flower
aww his nails are so pretty. I'm doing well. I got a new canister for marshymallows

elizabethblack
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 5:13:43 PM

Another absolutely beautiful day. Sunny, clear, 72F, and perfect. We could use rain, but no whining after what is going on is Southern California. Those massive fires are hard to look at on TV. Those firefighters can't get enough praise for all that they do.

gillianleeza
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 7:15:57 PM

elizabethblack wrote:
Another absolutely beautiful day. Sunny, clear, 72F, and perfect. We could use rain, but no whining after what is going on is Southern California. Those massive fires are hard to look at on TV. Those firefighters can't get enough praise for all that they do.

Too many upsetting things on the news lately.

The weather has been spectacular here lately. I love sleeping with the windows open curled up under a thick comforter.

I managed to sort out the mountain of things my kids left. I have a Goodwill pile, a trash pile, and a put in attic pile to sort out at another time. The attic is my next project.

Since it is going to be a beautiful weekend we are going to spend tomorrow out on our boat. It's good to get away from everything for a day.

I'll take a few cookies to eat while I hang out on one of the comfy couches.

Cheers Everyone! Have a great weekend.

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2019 5:39:07 AM

* puts the kettle on and grabs a cookie *

Thanksgiving weekend up here in the Great White North. Nothing much happening in my family. Just a quiet long weekend. Should be raking leaves but, for the second year running, will probably be cutting the grass instead. Leaves are just starting to fall here. Haven't even had a frost yet so our annuals (begonias and marigolds) are still blooming. Global warming or just a local trend? Hard to say until we see if Fall stays like this going forward.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2019 6:17:14 AM

A fresh pot of coffee brewing. The painting needs attention. I'll get to it as soon as I have some java in me.

It's 37F/3C degrees outside. It is acting like winter. It'll change fairly quickly. This is Kansas.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, October 12, 2019 1:49:46 PM

Howdy folks
*sitting out treats for Victor &Miss Purr *
*putting out sugar cookies decorated with turkeys and pumpkins *
Hope everyone is having a great day
*climbing up in my favorite chair with Miss Molly the monkey and my hot chocolate*

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2019 6:40:31 AM

It's not even winter yet and I'm already growing tired of it. I walked the pup in 38F/3C degrees this morning. Really not my cup of tea.

Speaking of tea, I think I'll have coffee. Anyway, it is brewing now.

Last day of wall painting. I think I still need to paint kitchen cabinets.

flower

elizabethblack
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2019 11:25:00 AM

Survivor wrote:

It's not even winter yet and I'm already growing tired of it. I walked the pup in 38F/3C degrees this morning. Really not my cup of tea.

flower

Before I would paint the cabinets I would take six or seven months to study the decision. grommit

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2019 1:02:19 PM

elizabethblack wrote:
Survivor wrote:

flower

Before I would paint the cabinets I would take six or seven months to study the decision. grommit

The decision is made. The paint was ordered online. It is here in a box on the dining table ready to be applied. I was not consulted. dontknow

Finished most of the wall painting. Simply need to get the top of the walls at the edge of the cathedral ceiling. It will be done in the next hour or so. I need to rest with some coffee. flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2019 1:20:47 PM

Howdy folks hello1
*checking on the animals *
A large hot chocolate .. My nose hurts .
Happy painting Larry
*climbing in my favorite chair *

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2019 3:26:27 PM

elizabethblack wrote:

You sure you're not in politics? dontknow evil4

Congratulations, Larry on your successful painting project. Good luck with the cabinets. Mine are a veneer over white so we could paint the white parts but we'd have to replace the doors and other veneer parts.

Happy Thanksgiving, whether you're Canadian or not. We all have things to be thankful for. And if you need a break from your American game, there will be CFL football tomorrow. 3 downs and a bigger field so it's kind of different.drunken

Tea time!

* settles down in a chair with cat *

Lady In The Lake
DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, October 13, 2019 7:55:30 PM

Hi everyone
Stopping by with lots of cookies : chocolate chip cookies ,peanut butter and banana,sugar cookies with little turkeys and pumpkin pie cookies .
Love the fall temperatures for baking

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 5:27:42 AM

Oo, cookies. I'll have pumpkin pie with my morning tea.

No turkeys here. We're making jambalaya (our version of it, at least) for dinner tonight. Still thankful, though.

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 7:00:17 AM

Hey, little Sara. Hi, Scott. Those chocolate chip cookies are scrumptious. I bet the banana was picked by Molly the monkey.

Temperatures today are showing a heatwave after the past two days. It was 44F/7C degrees walking Victor this morning.

Fresh coffee is brewing. I am simply awaiting it before I can get into some real activity.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 9:35:09 AM

It's Monday morning north of the equator and east of the dateline -- sorry about that, honest.

Larry, with all the recent temp changes here in the states, a wave of flu and colds is bound to be on the way.

Hmm, noticed that all the cookies were gone. Just more proof that life can be cruel to the young and beautiful while being a total bitch for the rest of us. (slurp) Coffee ain't bad, however.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 2:44:23 PM

Howdy folks
Larry Molly the monkey did pick the banana cookies.
Rump never fear I have more cookies today... Just a little late with the delivery
Today's cookies are : red velvet ,carrot cake and peanut butter cookies
*sitting the cookies on the counter* there are plenty today 4 dozen of each cookie
*putting out treats for the little critters*
A large sweet tea.
Warm days and chilly nights are messing with my sinuses.
Happy Thanksgiving Scott

ladysharon
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2019 3:54:33 PM

Hello, everyone! My mom had hand surgery and I made use of FMLA at work to take off and care for her until she regains use of her left hand. I missed a day of blogging for Blogtober, but I needed a day of rest after a long day of running around and operating on little sleep. The girl child stole my toothbrush and began brushing her tiny teeth with it. I got her a toothbrush of her own and flouride-free toothpaste, and she's coming along with potty training.

Did somebody say peanut butter cookies? I'm putting some of my fragments together and hopefully try to weave a story together.