Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 10:56:19 AM

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
How y'all are? Me, I'm in need of coffee.

Larry, don't you dare bother Vic. For is it not written that one should, "Leave sleeping dogs alone'?

Favorite short story writers: Hemingway, Poe, O. Henry, Eudora Welty, Faulkner, Flannery O'Connor

glasses8

Favorite short story writers: Flannery O'Conner, Eudora Welty, Shirley Jackson, Dashiell Hammett, Carson McCullers, John Updike. To name a few.

I've just published a new poem here. A sweet bit of romantic fluff. Still working on the Moon challenge.

flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Tams
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 11:04:47 AM

Survivor wrote:

Good morning folks.

Finally have my first cup. Have to let it cool a bit. Now I can get this poem done this morning. I'll move on to the Moon challenge later.

The pup is settled down next to me for his first morning nap.

flower

That is so cute! If your puppy is anything like mine, he wakes up.. eats.. plays for a New York minute then passes out for a long nap. Life is tough. Lfunny

I'm relatively new here (joined in Jan but just decided to give the story writing a go). I will take a coffee while I get acquainted. :) Also.. I have a new story on my page for those interested in a quick, fun read. flower

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 11:50:53 AM

Tams wrote:

That is so cute! If your puppy is anything like mine, he wakes up.. eats.. plays for a New York minute then passes out for a long nap. Life is tough. Lfunny

I'm relatively new here (joined in Jan but just decided to give the story writing a go). I will take a coffee while I get acquainted. :) Also.. I have a new story on my page for those interested in a quick, fun read. flower

Welcome, Tams, both to the site and to Inspirations. Grab a cuppa your favorite hot or cold beverage (I recommend the green tea for afternoon drinking) and join in. I'll give your story a boo later.

I'm the ape who started this coffee house thread but don't let my species intimidate you. We're quite good once you get to know us (Planet of the Apes is just anti-gorilla propaganda and don't get me started on King Kong).glasses8 My scribblings, at least the ones on here, can be found at the link in my sig.

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
Tams
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 12:20:21 PM

Thanks oh hairy one. f-hihi

I will sip some green tea and head over to your catalog. read2

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 1:57:21 PM

Howdy folks hello1
A large sweet tea for me
*checking on food and water for miss purr and mr victor*
Hi Tam welcome to this nice little lounge.
The Ape is also a smarty-pants.
*climbing up in my favorite chair*

Mendalla
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:54:34 PM

DenimAngel wrote:

I resemble that remark. confused1

I'll join you in that sweet tea.

I like to write something a little eerie or spooky for Hallowe'en every year. "Haunting" is what I went for this year.

Lady In The Lake
DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 4:22:37 PM

Mendalla wrote:
DenimAngel wrote:

I resemble that remark. confused1

I'll join you in that sweet tea.

Lfunny uh huh yep you do .
I'll share a pitcher of sweet tea with you

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 4:34:43 PM

Tonight is the next episode in the newest PBS series by Ken Burns. Country Music will be telling the story of the music from 1984 to 1996. We've been watching it all along, just missing the very first episode.

That comes on in about 30 minutes.

I need to settle in with some popcorn and some sweet tea. flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
ladysharon
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:35:35 PM

Good evening, everyone. I'm writing another blog post and a story is starting to creep into my mind. I was able to jot down a page of a yet-to-be-titled story. I'm also thinking about participating in Blogtober and really push my creativity in creating great content and not sacrifice my writing style. This can be an opportunity to get more readers to my site as well, were I to participate. I don't know. I need some green tea.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 3:58:15 AM

Welcome, Tams! Hello everyone! Nice to catch up with all your news. :)

A coffee to get myself going today would be very welcome! Too much dancing in the last couple of evenings!
Mendalla
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:33:19 AM

Survivor wrote:

Tonight is the next episode in the newest PBS series by Ken Burns. Country Music will be telling the story of the music from 1984 to 1996. We've been watching it all along, just missing the very first episode.

That'll be New Country, right? Garth Brooks and company? I watched his series on Jazz and loved it. May give this one a boo, but country not really my thing, whereas I love jazz.

* puts on the kettle *

Lady In The Lake
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 6:40:36 AM

Mendalla wrote:
Survivor wrote:

That'll be New Country, right? Garth Brooks and company? I watched his series on Jazz and loved it. May give this one a boo, but country not really my thing, whereas I love jazz.

* puts on the kettle *

This was a Ken Burns series beginning back with the Carter Family in the 1920s. The theme of the series is the song Will The Circle Be Unbroken, written by A. P. Carter. It was intended to be an overview of the whole country music genre including all of the branches that fed the river, so to speak. It included mountain music, folk music, race music, hillbilly music, blues, gospel, rockabilly, so on. Last night was the last episode.

I need that cuppa coffee now. I have a ballet class this morning.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:53:47 PM

Howdy folks hello2
A large sweet tea for me
*checking on the resident cat and dog (miss purr and Victor) giving them hugs*
Hope everyone is having a happy Thursday
Waiting on a trip to the library to return a big stack of books
Scampers adventure hit a road block but I'm not done yet happy8

gillianleeza
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 3:54:58 PM

I was going to be lazy and do some reading this evening, but that didn't work out. I couldn't find something in my closet and could not put anything else away in my husband's. I got frustrated and pulled everything out of both closets. Trying to sort through everyone got annoying so I am taking a break. I'll have to deal with it tonight if I want to sleep in my bed since everything is piled on top.

I made some banana bread and am going to make some sort of fig jam later. I'll leave the banana bread on the counter.

I'll have a glass of ice tea to enjoy while I shirk my responsibilities.

Cheers!
ladysharon
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:18:12 PM

The 31-day challenge that is Blogtober will be something I am going to attempt to do this year, as I want to take my blogging a bit more seriously, instead of posting weekly or biweekly. I also have a short story in mind that I wrote in fragments and the characters are starting to talk to me again. Time to go write and devour a box of chocolate chip cookies

DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:23:53 PM

gillianleeza wrote:
I was going to be lazy and do some reading this evening, but that didn't work out. I couldn't find something in my closet and could not put anything else away in my husband's. I got frustrated and pulled everything out of both closets. Trying to sort through everyone got annoying so I am taking a break. I'll have to deal with it tonight if I want to sleep in my bed since everything is piled on top.

I made some banana bread and am going to make some sort of fig jam later. I'll leave the banana bread on the counter.

Cheers!

Ooo banana bread my second favorite thing next to marshmallows **cuts 2 slices and wraps the bread up tight so it doesn't dry out **

Survivor
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2019 8:29:20 AM

Nice day. The wind is blowing and it is not too hot yet.

A nice cup of coffee to begin the day. I believe I need to do some shopping today. That's a normal Friday for me.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2019 10:06:28 AM

I've just restocked tea, both loose and bags, and made a pot of green.

Looking like it will be a bit cool and wet this weekend here. Which is fine, I wasn't going to be outside much. Cleaning, having a visit from one of my wife's myriad aunts (her father was the eldest of eight siblings), and hopefully finishing my story. Finally got an ending on it that I am happy with, at least. It's amazing how much time one can spend wordsmithing a 2000-ish word short story. God help me if I ever do write a novel.confused1

Lady In The Lake
Tams
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2019 12:31:54 PM

Thanks for all the warm welcome messages. I've already made some new friends and found some from another realm. Lwinking

I'll take some tea please... working on final edits for a BTS Challenge entry. Should be up soon if i can get my butt in gear. coffee

ladysharon
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2019 5:44:44 PM

Hello, Tams and everyone else. I am writing some posts for my 31-day challenge, and so far I have 31 post ideas typed up and getting the first few scheduled out. I'm making my graphics on this rainy and stormy evening here in the Midwest. I would love to do a book review and haven't chosen which one to review. I've yet to decide if I'm going to add a video to the venture. I have graphics to make. Just keep the chocolate scones and coffee, four sugars and creams, coming

Tams
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2019 8:56:52 AM

Morning all... I will take a coffee.. Wait, Im at work so maybe i should be the one serving the coffee? scratch

I finally finished my edits (with some help from friends) and my back to school challenge story is up. Thank you, Molly!

You can click the banner in my signature below. It should take you to the story. Hope you will let me know what you think. :)

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2019 9:51:50 AM

Good morning to all. Almost noon. Victor and I will be going out for a walk soon.

I'm working on my second cuppa java. One more and then no more caffeine for the day.

I've pretty much completed all of my computer chores for the day.

I am keeping up with my reading. I just finished Tam's new Back to School entry. It's a fun read.

flower

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2019 1:19:50 PM

We just got back from a nice hike out in the woods of our nearby state park. Our townhome is just two or three miles away from the large park with miles and miles of trails and a huge lake for fishing and sailing.

The weather is so great today it was a shame to waste it. Victor did find a Copperhead snake that I didn't let him play with. He has no fear. The lake is above flood stage in parts of it.

I got some tomatoes yesterday so I think I need to make a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich tonight. It better taste good 'cause I'm looking forward to it.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2019 1:47:12 PM

Survivor wrote:

We just got back from a nice hike out in the woods of our nearby state park. Our townhome is just two or three miles away from the large park with miles and miles of trails and a huge lake for fishing and sailing.

Lucky dog (that's referring to both you and Victoricon_biggrin ). We have a couple conservation areas but they aren't that big. Even the closest provincial park is rather small and known mainly for its beach and sand dunes (it's on the shore of Lake Huron) rather than its trails. Now Ottawa, where my son lives, has Gatineau Park which is a massive conservation area loaded with lakes and trails. He goes over there to mountain bike and we've been in there hiking with him a few times.

Survivor wrote:
Victor did find a Copperhead snake that I didn't let him play with.

Ack. Yeah, you don't want him messing with those. We have rattlers in a region of the province North of here but they are long since gone in the rest of the province. Therefore, I actually never saw a rattlesnake in the wild until I was in Utah a couple years ago. Treasured moment, that. Love snakes in general but rarely see them and this one was a beauty.

Cleaning is done. Just resting before we start on dinner (pasta and seafood in a blush sauce). Time for a green tea, I think.

Lady In The Lake
elizabethblack
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2019 6:14:57 PM

gillianleeza wrote:

Cheers!

Gill, this sounds a great deal like me. I am forever upending things on my bed so I can get them sorted. Then bedtime and I just pull them off to the floor only to pick them up and put them back the next day. Not fun. Don't know why I keep doing it. Sigh.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2019 7:18:21 AM

elizabethblack wrote:
gillianleeza wrote:

Cheers!

Gill, this sounds a great deal like me. I am forever upending things on my bed so I can get them sorted. Then bedtime and I just pull them off to the floor only to pick them up and put them back the next day. Not fun. Don't know why I keep doing it. Sigh.

That sounds exactly like me, too! Much of my wardrobe seems to live on the floor for more time than it should. Hey ho!

Coffee for me, please! I was dancing most of yesterday afternoon and evening and can't seem to move today!
Survivor
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2019 7:30:14 AM

Good morning, Cynthia. I'm needing another cup of coffee now. I think this will be a rather lazy day.

I do feel the urge to write, but we shall see.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2019 7:56:23 AM

Yay! I gots a badge. I is now a Forum Guru. To celebrate, brought in a box of doughnuts.

(Actually, badges aren't a big thing with me, but hey, any excuse for doughnuts, eh.)

Lady In The Lake
ladysharon
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2019 2:04:17 PM

I'll have some doughnuts.

I scheduled out three posts to go on my site for this week. I need a break from all of the writing I've been doing. I have a total of 50 post ideas for Blogtober and have to whittle some down or combine like post ideas. The little one is napping and I can clean up my kitchen before she wakes up demanding food or something else.

Tams
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2019 7:00:17 AM

*whispering so not to wake Sharon's sleeping angel*

I'll take a donut too.. *modestly flashing my shiny new Challenge Champ badge* happy8

Thanks to all who read my whacky tale. I'm looking forward to the next challenge idea.

At work again today, so free coffee for all.. we have a lot leftover from National Coffee Day yesterday, but hey, free is free, right? flower