Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 9:19:13 AM

Just now finishing my second cuppa java. It's been a full morning, of sorts. Getting lots of computer fun done. Forums and chat rooms and posting pix.

Let's hope that the rest of the day is profitable. flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
henrietta_fielding
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 10:05:28 AM

Good afternoon all! A cuppa would be lovely as this storm blows over us here!

Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?
Survivor
Posted: Friday, August 9, 2019 10:14:12 AM

Hello, Cynthia. No plans for us. The temperatures around here will be over 90F, above 32C. Hot. Too hot for my wife and the pup.

It ought to be a good time to write if I can simply get my mojo working. flower

All I'm saying is you've never seen me crying and eating tacos at the same time.
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 7:09:55 AM

It would be nice to get out to the dog park today and let the pup off-leash for a good run.

The first cuppa java is always appreciated. I'll just enjoy this one.

Cheers. flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 9:33:15 AM

Larry, do you ever take a mug of coffee along when you and the pup go 'parking'? ;)

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Schemers Scheme -- young women talking about young men

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 10:35:45 AM

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
Larry, do you ever take a mug of coffee along when you and the pup go 'parking'? ;)

glasses8

Actually, it is often too warm for coffee. Since we are both hot and sweaty when out walking I give him water and drink some myself to stay hydrated.

We just got back. I had to carry him a couple of spots when he was flagging. But he loves being out and about. He did get to frighten a German Shepard that was a scardy-cat.

I'm home in the A/C now so I'll have another cuppa java for the afternoon. flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, August 10, 2019 1:07:43 PM

*giggles* big dogs are such fraidy cats .
I'm all curled up in my favorite chair
Made it to the library so yay
I'm glad the pup had a good time at the dog park Larry :)

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 4:22:01 AM

Good bit of park defence there, pup! These big dogs need to be kept in their place! ;)

It's a chilly 14 degrees C here (or 57F). Definitely cool enough for a welcome coffee!

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:30:26 AM

Good morning, Cynthia.

Just finishing up my first cup and going downstairs to get another. It was raining all night here, but it has cleared up and will be over 90/32 degrees later today.

Really, really do need to get my writing done.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:12:35 PM

How y'all are? It's 95f here in the 'Valley of the Sun'. That's relatively balmy . Since the high is forecast as 102, this is something of a cool snap. Sara, how are things up on your mountain?

Ms C, you sure those weren't 'end of winter' temps from Australia and/or New Zealand? ;)

Larry, for years we had Yorkshire Terriers underfoot. One, Punkin', was mildly hydrocethalic. Whenever I walked the dogs (his momma, a beagle and a Golden Retriever) he would force his way to the front to be 'leader of the pack. Halfway through the walk, he would have rejoined the group. A bit later he would have fallen behind. By the end of the walk, our 'leader' was being toted by his designated 'quality of life support team' staffer', me. ;)

Think we need to start a new pot of Scott's coffee?

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords.[/ - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:41:43 PM

Hallelujah. I have finally started a story and got one whole paragraph. I think I'm going for 1st person from the point of view of the female protagonist.

Let's see how that goes.

It's afternoon now so I'm switching over to tea. I think that is actually Scott's preferred drink usually. I brew the simple Arabica in the morning. But I'll keep a pot on the warmer, for sure.

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 3:05:48 AM

Haha! Just our normal summer, Rumps! ;)

Glad to hear your story is getting underway, Larry. :)

Need a coffee to get myself going this morning!
Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 6:23:18 AM

Morning and/or afternoon, Ms C. This mug is filled to the brim with some of the Canadian coffee the mighty Mend had hidden away. Let's not tell him, okay?;)

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 7:12:54 AM

That's a good plan. I need some of the java if you please.

Nice day, Cynthia. You are up early, Bill.

Pretty much a perfect day, so far. In the 70/20s around here at the moment.

Off to write. flower

elizabethblack
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 9:22:02 AM

laughing6 laughing6 laughing6
Rumple_deWriter wrote:
How y'all are? It's 95f here in the 'Valley of the Sun'. That's relatively balmy . Since the high is forecast as 102, this is something of a cool snap. Sara, how are things up on your mountain?

Ms C, you sure those weren't 'end of winter' temps from Australia and/or New Zealand? ;)

Larry, for years we had Yorkshire Terriers underfoot. One, Punkin', was mildly hydrocethalic. Whenever I walked the dogs (his momma, a beagle and a Golden Retriever) he would force his way to the front to be 'leader of the pack. Halfway through the walk, he would have rejoined the group. A bit later he would have fallen behind. By the end of the walk, our 'leader' was being toted by his designated 'quality of life support team' staffer', me. ;)

Think we need to start a new pot of Scott's coffee?

glasses8

Loved the story of Punkin'. Aren't they amazing? Just like Larry's little dog. They know they rule the world and guide the way, however...if it rains, or gets too hot, or they get too tired...laughing6

And with a Beagle and Golden, they are so laid back that they could care less who leads I'm sure.

Off to the dentist this afternoon. So maybe I'll just grab an ice water since it is very hot outside now. And humid. and going to be worse the next few days. I'm not complaining (until I don't have air conditioning for some reason).

Take care good people that I care about.

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:32:05 AM

Morning, fellow 'Spacers'. Coffee's ready for serious sipping.

Verbal, Used to have a Yorkie who would patrol the backyard hitched to a long leash. The local rabbits had learned to precise range of that leash and would sit just beyond it to torment poor Puh-Pet.

Well, aint no dang rabbits gonna give any dog of mine a hard time, I decided. Next time that happened, I unhooked her leash. She was used to getting her head nearly torn off when she reached the end of her rope, so to speak. This time, what saved dem bunny wabbits was her tripping, stumbling and falling when no resistance was met. By the time she recovered, the rabbits had made their escape into the wooded lot next door. Mighty dog followed, of course, barking all the way, but that long leash trailing behind quickly became tangled in the underbrush.

And speaking of hard times, how'd the visit to the dentist go?

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:39:31 AM

We are overrun with rabbits in the neighborhood. First thing the pup does upon going out the back door is scramble and hope to catch a rabbit, or a dove eating sunflower seeds on the ground under the feeder.

Hope all are well today. Just finished the morning walk around the block. I'm passing on taking another longer walk all on my own. The heat is just getting to me today.

Now time for some of the coffee. Ready for that as well.

flower

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:57:41 AM

It's early afternoon now and I'm having my last cuppa java for the day. Any later with the caffeine and I won't be able to sleep.

My story is going well. I think I'll get it done this week for sure. Listening to the Buena Vista Social Club while I write. I do wish it was cooler around here.

Cheers. Have a great day, all. flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 12:18:03 PM

I love all the doggie stories hello1
I am sipping some sweet tea . Scamp's moon adventure is coming along nicely .
I have Bunnies that live happily in the field behind my home . they like to visit my front porch

henrietta_fielding
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:09:15 AM

Great pup anecdotes here! Talking of which, am looking forward to your new story, Sara, with all the wee animals.

Cup of coffee needed to get me going today, please!
Welshdreamer42
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:03:26 AM

A nice relaxing herbal tea for me, please. Surprise me with one I’ve not tried before. I’m on the last day of a short break away and it’s beautifully sunny. I’m sitting here reading and doing nothing. Bliss coffee

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."

Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 6:42:38 AM

Just got my cuppa java for the morning and thinking of having a lie down to rest. geek

Nothing going on today except it is Victor's meds day. He gets them slipped into his food bowl. None the wiser.

It's nice to see all of the lovely ladies stopping by. Always plenty of coffee and hot water for tea. The selection is as large as your imagination. Whistle

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:34:43 PM

Me, I meandered in here looking for some inspirations. No luck, of course, but coffee and dog stories are almost as good. Which reminds me, I've actually finished a story for SS. It's an expanded (300 wds) version of the story I told Verbal a day or two ago. It'll probably be submitted later today or maybe on Friday. Consider yourselves warned. ;)

:gglasses8:

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:16:10 PM

-- I WARNED Y'ALL --

My first new SS story in some time has just been posted! Don't blame me. I'm just the writer. It's all the fault of Molly the Marvelous Mod who verified my pathetic pile of pitiful puppy prose doing business as:

The Tumultuous Tale of a Tormented Terrier
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/-the-tumultuous-tale-of-a-tormented.aspx

That's the bad news. The good news is it weighs in at a trim 324 words. That means that while reading my insult to good taste and the English language might be a trifle painful, it should be a quick read.

Checkk it out if you get a chance.

glasses8

Survivor
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 6:45:22 PM

The evening is moving along and it's time for some herbal tea. Something to help me sleep tonight.

I decided to write a micro-fiction story this evening. It came out nicely I believe. It's been submitted for approval.

Cheers. flower

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 6:44:04 AM

Good day. The coffee is freshly brewed here. Just poured a cup and awaiting the cooldown for the important first sip.

Nice to see a new micro-fiction posted and some kind comments. It's always good to have something fresh for my readers to consider.

We had storms all night long with flood watches. I was quite sure that our townhome here was not in a flood plain. But it does mean I have to take care when driving around the area in this kind of weather.

Have a great day. flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 11:12:01 AM

More floods? You folks up that way need to break the habit of flooding all the time. ;) Hang in there, Larry. The dry season is approaching, assuming it hasn't beenoutlawed.

Enjoyed your new 'Micro' -- as usual.

Think I'll try some of that coffee. Anybody else need a mug full?

glasses8

DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 2:05:33 PM

*climbing up in the big blue chair in the corner with my iced tea *
Animal stories are so much fun

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2019 6:42:37 AM

We took a drive around the countryside yesterday afternoon. We visited a city park that we had not stopped at before. Now the pup has some smell memories to add to his dreams.

The coffee pot perked and I'm having my first cuppa java. It's there for anyone that stops by.

Simply because I am completely changing the arc of my story does not mean I can't get it done. No worries. flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2019 10:48:25 AM

Good coffee, Larry, mercy bucket.

All the recent talk here on SS about dogs got me to wondering if a short fiction 'challenge on the theme of dogs might appeal to a few folks. At the moment I'm thinking of a 1000 word 'Flash' maximum. Cats and other pets might also be included on this go-around or maybe a later, stand-alone 'challenge'.

Anybody got any thoughts?

glasses8