Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 8:12:50 AM
itsxanderkaidyn

Well, I ended up submitting it as flash fiction cause it's just over two hundred words, but here it is.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-all-my-love-to-you-.aspx

Somebody: You attract what you fear.
Me: I'm terrified of Jane Lynch.
Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 8:24:02 AM
Mendalla

itsxanderkaidyn wrote:
Well, I ended up submitting it as flash fiction cause it's just over two hundred words, but here it is.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-all-my-love-to-you-.aspx

Read and scored. I like it. Captures the feelings nicely. I've been guilty of writing stuff to women I was crushing madly on, too (in high school, not presently).

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 8:28:04 AM
itsxanderkaidyn

Mendalla wrote:
Read and scored. I like it. Captures the feelings nicely. I've been guilty of writing stuff to women I was crushing madly on, too (in high school, not presently).

Thanks. Honestly, I'm lucky to have Jane as my muse even if I can't always put my feelings into words.

Somebody: You attract what you fear.
Me: I'm terrified of Jane Lynch.
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 11:01:56 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A large coffee is in order.. Rough night.. Not moving too fast today.
Today is gonna be a lazy laid-back kind of day.

*peeking in the cookie jars and grabbing a couple to go with my coffee *
We are in good shape cookie wise
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
*Moseying over to the corner and climbing up in my favorite chair *

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your day!

rolandlytle
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 1:00:28 PM
rolandlytle

Survivor wrote:

One of my favorite epistolary stories is Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. The movie made from it is silly but the short story won a Hugo Award.

Salutations, everyone.

I thought the movie was not too bad, but it failed mightily as an interpretation of the book.

The book was fabulous!

I brought two boxes of cookies I received from the Girl Scouts last night (Samoas, of course) and some grapefruit juice (fresh squeezed). I am not allowed grapefruit in the real world, and I enjoy it so much.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
gillianleeza
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 1:39:28 PM
gillianleeza

Flowers for Algernon made me cry.

Did I hear someone say Girlscout cookies, Roland? They are dangerous because I can not eat just one or two.

My husband and I took off to the Outer Banks for a few days to get away from everything. It was a nice break and change of scenery. We took a lot of walks and just relaxed.

My son is enjoying being out of quarantine and did manage to get in some skiing. It's a rough life.

He sent me this picture from the top of the mountain.

The view of the beach from the condo we were staying in at the beach.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend.

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
Survivor
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 1:47:55 PM
Survivor

Hello, Gill. It's nice that you were enjoying yourself that way. I did notice that Tonya was asking after you on another site. Oh, certainly I cried when I read Flowers for Algernon.

It's time for tea now. And Victor will be going out for a quick out and in.

flower

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out. It happens to be number 500 here on Stories Space.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-a-perfect-holiday-.aspx

elizabethblack
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 5:54:02 PM
elizabethblack

DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi everyone
A large coffee is in order.. Rough night.. Not moving too fast today.
Today is gonna be a lazy laid-back kind of day.

*peeking in the cookie jars and grabbing a couple to go with my coffee *
We are in good shape cookie wise
*Moseying over to the corner and climbing up in my favorite chair *

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your day!

Sara honey, I understand and feel for your rough night. You need to behave yourself girl. I went to a actual live lunch with 9 friends yesterday and the wine over-flowed and I was worthless for more than a nap when I got home. But did we ever have fun and laugh. Setting ourselves up for a "tea" for Saint Patrick's Day at one of the girl's house. We have to polish up on our Irish songs and dance. Wait a minute...was I scolding you for not behaving? Sorry. Hope tomorrow is full of bright sunshine and you fell wonderful again. I got a few of the "old" cookies out of the tin and am very happy.

elizabethblack
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2021 5:56:18 PM
elizabethblack

gillianleeza wrote:
Flowers for Algernon made me cry.

Did I hear someone say Girlscout cookies, Roland? They are dangerous because I can not eat just one or two.

My husband and I took off to the Outer Banks for a few days to get away from everything. It was a nice break and change of scenery. We took a lot of walks and just relaxed.

My son is enjoying being out of quarantine and did manage to get in some skiing. It's a rough life.

He sent me this picture from the top of the mountain.

The view of the beach from the condo we were staying in at the beach.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weekend.

So very happy your son is out of quarantine and able to ski. Poor little son. Your trip to the Outer Banks made me drool. What a lovely picture. So glad you included it for my enjoyment and envy. hello1

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 5:43:36 AM
Rumple_deWriter

How you all are? The sun is still trying to show up out here in the 'Valley of the Sun'. Cactus League spring baseball is underway so maybe things will keep on keeping on for the time being.

Coffee's on and the tea kettle is ready to be of service.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

It happened at a church summer camp so it must be true, right? ;)

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 5:46:46 AM
Mendalla

More like the Valley of the Cloud where I am at the moment. Grey and wet again today.

Kettle is on. Anyone else for tea, hot chocolate, instant coffee or other such kettle-requiring beverages?

Oh, and I've ordered another truckload of mini-marshmallows. Stock is running low and we don't want Sara to be without.

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 6:25:34 AM
Survivor

The morning begins as normal. I am sniffing the coffee smell in the air. Victor is lying there watching the world pass by.

Plenty of cookies still there for the snack connoisseurs.

flower

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out. It happens to be number 500 here on Stories Space.

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 12:15:50 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A large iced coffee sounds yummy
A cloudy but pretty day here
1st day of SPRING TRAINING!
Good to see everyone here!
Gill your pics are great so glad you could get away from everything for a few days
Elizabeth so glad to hear you got out with your friends
Larry give Victor hug from me
Scott yay for ordering more marshmallows we were getting low giggles only 10 boxes in the backroom
Bill I bet the traffic is a pain in the valley of the Sun with all the catcus league action.

I have fresh cookies today
*moves the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have pecan divines, sesame seed tea cookies, raspberry hazelnut cookie and butterscotch marshmallow crunch cookies
In Cookie Monster we have snickerdoodle, butterscotch marshmallow crunch cookies, orange vanilla chip cookies and white chocolate coconut cookies

Stay safe everyone!

rolandlytle
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 12:23:21 PM
rolandlytle

Good day to all.

Today is the first day of spring training games. The Cub's first game is tomorrow. (The pitcher?)

In honor of this day, I found an old tape on YouTube that most of you have seen, but you will love this if not. This brings back so many memories.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
verbal
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 12:50:28 PM
verbal

DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi everyone

*moves the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have pecan divines, sesame seed tea cookies, raspberry hazelnut cookie and butterscotch marshmallow crunch cookies
In Cookie Monster we have snickerdoodle, butterscotch marshmallow crunch cookies, orange vanilla chip cookies and white chocolate coconut cookies

Stay safe everyone!

FIRST DAY OF SPRING TRAINING! I watched an inning of Dodger's baseball this morning. I expect Sara's Braves to take the division, but my Mets and Elizabeth's Nats should be in the running too. I'm psyched to watch tomorrow's METS game.

Chill day today. Write/edit/critique. Talia is going to cut my hair today! I'm way more excited at this than I should reasonably be. Cheap thrills during the coronavirus. We're also waiting for Trump to speak, which should be interesting (you'll hear no politics from me beyond that). He's seven minutes late!

Enjoy your day everyone.

Coffee and a cookie please!
DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2021 6:01:12 PM
DenimAngel

verbal wrote:
DenimAngel wrote:
flower hi everyone

Stay safe everyone!

FIRST DAY OF SPRING TRAINING! I watched an inning of Dodger's baseball this morning. I expect Sara's Braves to take the division, but my Mets and Elizabeth's Nats should be in the running too. I'm psyched to watch tomorrow's METS game.

Chill day today. Write/edit/critique. Talia is going to cut my hair today! I'm way more excited at this than I should reasonably be. Cheap thrills during the coronavirus. We're also waiting for Trump to speak, which should be interesting (you'll hear no politics from me beyond that). He's seven minutes late!

Enjoy your day everyone.

Coffee and a cookie please!

Cheap thrills during the coronavirus
I get excited to go out to the post office to check the mail unless it is Library day!
I think it's gonna be a close divisional race [bh]

Survivor
Posted: Monday, March 1, 2021 6:17:25 AM
Survivor

Good morning, Inspirators. I have the coffee on the stove along with the tea kettle.

The Padres had their first game of Spring Training yesterday against the Mariners. It was good to see Tommy Pham playing, coming back from being stabbed in the back in October. It would be nice to be out in Peoria, Arizona to soak up some of the spring training warmth and sunlight just like Victor is doing now on the futon.

flower

verbal
Posted: Monday, March 1, 2021 10:09:45 AM
verbal

Survivor wrote:

Good morning, Inspirators. I have the coffee on the stove along with the tea kettle.

The Padres had their first game of Spring Training yesterday against the Mariners. It was good to see Tommy Pham playing, coming back from being stabbed in the back in October. It would be nice to be out in Peoria, Arizona to soak up some of the spring training warmth and sunlight just like Victor is doing now on the futon.

flower

You have a tough division this year. The Dodgers are kinda the new Yankees. I'm listening to the Mets game now, as I prepare to write. It's like seeing the first robin of Spring.

Say hi to Victor.

Not much else going on. There's a warming trend here, so all that snow is melting.

Coffee and snickerdoodles please.

`
DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, March 1, 2021 11:35:07 AM
DenimAngel

hello2 hi everyone
A large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows will be great!
It's chilly outside but the sun is shining so that is a good thing

Good to see everyone here!
*peeks in the cookie jars and grabs a couple * no cookie bandits today
*gives the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
*taking my newspaper and treats and moseys over to my favorite corner chair *
Stay safe everyone!

rolandlytle
Posted: Monday, March 1, 2021 11:55:10 AM
rolandlytle

Good afternoon, my friends.

In about 5 minutes, the Cubs' first spring training game begins. 2021 will be the best year ever for the Cubs when they meet the White Sox in the world series! Remember, you heard it here first.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/hopeless-dream.aspx

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, March 1, 2021 3:48:50 PM
Rumple_deWriter

Roland, your boundless optimism does you credit, he says, trying not to snigger and/or snicker. ;)

Yep, the Cactus League is now underway here in the old Valley of the Sun with 15 MLB teams involved with their spring training. And this year, a few fans even get to sit in the stands to watch the games. :)

Just posted a new list of no fee contests and calls for subs over on that forum. Check it out if you feel so inclined.

After all that labor, coffee and a few choice cookies will help me avoid a late afternoon slump. Think I'll make like and old dog and sit out in the sun with my goodies.

Later, Inspirators.

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, March 1, 2021 5:23:49 PM
Mendalla

Sorry I'm late today but had a rather long, crazy day. Hired a student to augment my team for the summer, though, so something was accomplished.

Kettle is on. I'm having lemon-ginger herbal tea with some sesame seed tea cookies (I think that's a new one for Sara).

Survivor
Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 6:32:23 AM
Survivor

It appears that I am the first to make it in this morning. The coffee is working away and will be ready soon. The teakettle is on the stove.

There is nothing that needs to be done today.

Nothing to do but write, if my muse will give me a shot of inspiration.

Later folks.

flower

verbal
Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 11:06:54 AM
verbal

Thanks for the set-up, Larry.

Just finished my virtual sesh with my therapist. Ready to begin the day.

Mets lost yesterday but have a 1-0 lead right now. So nice to write with baseball in the background.

I hope everyone is well. I'd love a coffee and a cookie. Any butterscotch marshmallow crunch left?
DenimAngel
Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 11:42:58 AM
DenimAngel

flower Hi peeps
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
Not much going on here today just a lazy day here

Scott the sesame seed tea cookies was a new recipe!

*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies*

In Big Bird we have : butterscotch marshmallow bar cookies , white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies and maple walnut cookies

In Cookie Monster we have : butterscotch marshmallow bar cookies, cocoa snaps, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and lemon softies

Hope everyone is staying safe and sound wherever you are!

elizabethblack
Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 6:38:24 PM
elizabethblack

Long day today. But so sunny and bright. Not too warm, and the river is still running high. Hoping the low water bridges around here aren't overflowing. Luckily, I'm on the side of the river that I don't get trapped like so many people.
So many bridges on the Shenandoah River. And some without another way out until the river goes down and the debris is cleared. Single lane bridges with no side rails so the river can flow over freely. But trees always get stuck and make it impassable. But we have like 5 days were they aren't forecasting rain and the snow is melted, so hopefully all will be well.

Survivor
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 6:23:56 AM
Survivor

Hey there, Lizzie. I am happy to report that I do not live on a flood plain. Not really much chance of the nearby stream flooding its banks.

There will be coffee soon and the tea kettle is on. Be happy morning people.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 11:24:29 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy
A beautiful day here in my neck of the woods gonna get close to 70 degrees F today got the windows open

Hope everyone is enjoying their day
*peeking in the cookie jars and grabbing a couple of butterscotch marshmallow cookies * no cookie bandits today

*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like baseball bats *
*taking my coffee and cookies and climbing up in my favorite cozy comfy chair. *

Stay safe everyone!

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 11:59:31 AM
Rumple_deWriter

Happy Hump Day to my fellow Inspirations java-heads. Larry, multiple thanks for today's setup. Ms Elizabeth, your report on the bridges and river conditions around your place was fascinating. And speaking of fascinating, Sarah and her cookies easily fit into that category. ;)

One bit of good news from the sports page: LSU is working with the state's governor, and the fire marshal on a plan to expand seating in outdoor spring sports events to 50% of stadium capacity. While I don't know for sure, ya gotta figure that other pro and college teams are working on similar plans. The crossing of fingers is approved.

It's 79f out here in the desert. Think I'll grab a mug full of coffee and a handful of cookies, then go sit outside for a while.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

rolandlytle
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 12:58:20 PM
rolandlytle

Hello, my friends,

I had a bad night last night but am feeling much better today. My brain-fog is particularly thin today, which is always fantastic. I even started writing a muse for the site, which I hope will be better than mediocre.

I hope everyone is doing as well as possible today. I'll have some herbal tea, and I brought my last two boxes of Samoas that I got from the girl scouts.

I hope no one minds if I take a seat and enjoy the wonders of today.