Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House Options · View
Survivor
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 6:47:13 AM
Survivor

Another trash day. I heard the recycling truck going around at 6:00 in the morning. Those chaps are working in the dark. The trash bins will be cleared much later in the day.

Aren't we all feeling much better? I am just waiting for all of the hearings in Congress to discuss the criminal behavior of all of the orange toad's appointees.

Of course, I have cleaned up around here, getting fresh water in the pot and the tea kettle. Coffee will be ready soon.

flower

Here is my latest work. My thanks for checking it out.

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/-forewarning-.aspx
DenimAngel
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:26:27 AM
DenimAngel

flower Hi Everyone
A large iced coffee sounds yummy in the tummy right about now dragging tail today
The sun is shining but it's chilly outside

I have fresh cookies today
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have : butterscotch marshmallow crunch cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, pecan divines and lemon drop cookies
In Cookie Monster we have : butterscotch marshmallow crunch cookies, ginger snaps, peanut butter and banana cookies and chocolate chip cookies
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like snowflakes *

Stay safe everyone! hello1

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2021 3:24:33 PM
Rumple_deWriter

Only thing better than a bunch of Sarah's cookies, is a bunch of them fresh from the oven. :)

Larry, I agree with you, approximately 100%, about the mood in the country improving. One sign there's a new sheriff in town is the White House has resubscribed to the NY Times and Washington Post. The Big Orange had cancelled both papers because, in 25-words or less, he was po'ed they wouldn't play nice with coverage of him.

Y'all keep on keeping on.

Later, Inspirators. glasses8

OF WAR, AND PEACE, AND MARY BETH: my contest winner, honest

For Whom the Good Tolls an 'RR' and it's short, no kidding[/url]

Survivor
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:29:59 AM
Survivor

Hello, group. The coffee is busy doing its thing on the stove and there is a tea kettle joining it for backup tea-drinking purposes.

No snow on the ground but it is rather cold.

I have a new micro out this morning. See what you think of it, friends.

flower

rolandlytle
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 7:33:48 AM
rolandlytle

Hello to all my Story Space friends. I have been gone for too long.

My current condition is not too bad, and I am still breathing and smiling. That is great considering I am three years past the average lifespan the doctors initially gave me,

I have been trying methods to be able to write and make sense. If what I write does not always seem right, please let me know my mistakes to remedy that in the future.

I have been reading your writing for most of the time I was 'gone.' Now I hope to mingle again, and I may submit some pieces if they come out good enough.

I hope to be here with you for a little longer, which makes me very happy. occasion5

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
DenimAngel
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 12:14:02 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
A large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows sounds yummy in the tummy
It's chilly outside so a good day to stay inside and read

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
*peeking in the cookie jars *we are in good shape
Apparently the cookie bandits aren't on the loose (giggles)
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
So good to see everyone here! grommit

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 12:33:04 PM
Rumple_deWriter

ROLAND! having you back among us is a major goodness. Looking forward to reading your work, once again. :)

Your inattention, please:

Here is what bodes well to become a one-time-only, Inspirations Word-of-the-Day.

retromingent

First stumbled upon this word while reading a Charlie Sykes article that described Sean Hannaty of FoxNews as a, "retromingent propagandist"

The correct, non-disparaging definition of 'retromingent' is a creature that urinates backwards. Examples include: camels, hippos, and male cats.

Just another fine, free, unasked for service of the Inspirations Department of Unrequested Absurbities.

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 12:58:08 PM
AnnaMayZing

rolandlytle wrote:

My current condition is not too bad, and I am still breathing and smiling. That is great considering I am three years past the average lifespan the doctors initially gave me,

I have been trying methods to be able to write and make sense. If what I write does not always seem right, please let me know my mistakes to remedy that in the future.

I have been reading your writing for most of the time I was 'gone.' Now I hope to mingle again, and I may submit some pieces if they come out good enough.

I hope to be here with you for a little longer, which makes me very happy. occasion5

Hey, Roland. Good to see you back and in reasonable health. Long may it continue. hello2 thumbup wave

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 1:38:51 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

Sometimes I can't believe that Jane was able to sweep me off my feet with something as simple as a wink - especially when it feels like I've been floating ever since. love10

Somebody: You attract what you fear.
Me: I'm terrified of Jane Lynch.
elizabethblack
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:43:57 PM
elizabethblack

rolandlytle wrote:

Dear Roland, I was so happy to see you back and even more to read this. I look forward to you writing something for us. And even if it is just telling us what the weather is doing, we'll all be interested. This is in truth a happy happening to have you with us.

elizabethblack
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:48:51 PM
elizabethblack

occasion7
itsxanderkaidyn wrote:
Sometimes I can't believe that Jane was able to sweep me off my feet with something as simple as a wink - especially when it feels like I've been floating ever since. love10

Her wink is not to be denied. Can't blame you for floating. Did she by chance crook her little finger at you? love10

elizabethblack
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 6:50:58 PM
elizabethblack

Rumple_deWriter wrote:
ROLAND! having you back among us is a major goodness. Looking forward to reading your work, once again. :)

Your inattention, please:

Here is what bodes well to become a one-time-only, Inspirations Word-of-the-Day.

retromingent

First stumbled upon this word while reading a Charlie Sykes article that described Sean Hannaty of FoxNews as a, "retromingent propagandist"

The correct, non-disparaging definition of 'retromingent' is a creature that urinates backwards. Examples include: camels, hippos, and male cats.

Just another fine, free, unasked for service of the Inspirations Department of Unrequested Absurbities.

I love the services of the Inspirations Department of Unrequested Absurbities - this is a word I have often searched for and now I have it...thanks to our wonderful Department.

itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 9:42:13 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

elizabethblack wrote:
Her wink is not to be denied. Can't blame you for floating. Did she by chance crook her little finger at you? love10

No, but she might as well have, given how quickly she captured my heart. It's hard to believe that it's only been four months since that happened, too, cause it feels like it's been so much longer. love10

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 6:14:41 AM
Survivor

It's coffee time. Tea time for a few. Looking at you, Scott. The Kansas River water is pretty bad but the Arabica coffee gives it the flavor it needs to actually work as a brew.

Time to do a little more writing. I am trying to get up to 500 stories here on StoriesSpace. I need 12 more and I will get that new badge.

flower

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 11:54:50 AM
Mendalla

hello1 hello1 for Roland being back. Nice to see you!

Went shopping with the the Mrs. this morning. Now I am nursing a headache, which is unrelated save that being masked for an hour probably didn't help. I have an ambiguous relationship with the damn things. Sometimes I am just fine wearing one for literally hours, other times I start gasping for air after 15 or 20 minutes. These are disposable medical-style masks, not cloth.

Tea and quiet are what I am after, so I shall just brew a cuppa green and then slink off to one of the comfy chairs.

The Goddess Dances - Winner - Cheers to 10 Years Flash

The Berry Girl - Third place - Summer Word Bank
DenimAngel
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 11:55:01 AM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows pretty please
A late start this morning so my tail is dragging.

I have fresh cookies today!
*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
Today's offerings :
In Big Bird we have : oatmeal raisin cookies,pecan divines, white chocolate supremes and molasses crackles
In Cookie Monster we have ginger snaps, white chocolate supremes, maple walnut cookies and cinnamon stars
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like gingerbread men *

Not much going on here today hoping to get something written this weekend
Stay safe and sound !grommit

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 11:58:29 AM
Mendalla

Woo hoo! As I was typing that, Sara the Cookie Lady arrived. * grabs a couple pecan divines to have with my tea *

(True story: When my son was in one of his schools, forget which one now, they had hot lunches brought once a month or so by a woman who had a franchise for an outfit called Lunch Lady. Her name was Sue. So her web site title was "Sue the London Lunch Lady".clown The jokes wrote themselves, though no legal action ever occurred that I heard of.)

Survivor
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 12:15:46 PM
Survivor

Well, I wonder how many folks here have thought about the challenge that Gypsy presented some time ago. Whistle The Literary Inspiration Challenge. It had occurred to me at the time she presented it that I had an idea right off the top of my head. But it simply did not gel. Today it did. So I will start creating a piece to enter into the challenge this week. I wonder if I will be the first. I don't recall any others having been submitted.

flower

Time for one last cuppa java before I switch over to afternoon tea.

cat

itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 12:34:51 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

Mendalla wrote:
(True story: When my son was in one of his schools, forget which one now, they had hot lunches brought once a month or so by a woman who had a franchise for an outfit called Lunch Lady. Her name was Sue. So her web site title was "Sue the London Lunch Lady".clown The jokes wrote themselves, though no legal action ever occurred that I heard of.)

That made me imagine Sue Sylvester as a lunch lady omg. laughing6

Mendalla
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 2:07:13 PM
Mendalla

itsxanderkaidyn wrote:

That made me imagine Sue Sylvester as a lunch lady omg. laughing6

Hmmm. Jane showing up in a track suit with a rack of trays full of things like mac & cheese. I could get behind that. Of course, I would probably end up serving the lunches while you kept Jane busy.evil4

itsxanderkaidyn
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 4:25:24 PM
itsxanderkaidyn

Mendalla wrote:
Of course, I would probably end up serving the lunches while you kept Jane busy. evil4

Keeping Jane busy...yeah, let's go with that. evil4

Kinda gives new meaning to the time I accidentally called her "Jane Lunch," doesn't it.

Survivor
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 6:32:11 AM
Survivor

My first cup of coffee is cooling down to where I can actually take some sips. Does anyone want tea or cocoa? The water is ready for that.

We're still waiting for our turn to get the Covid-19 vaccine. I'm not anxious yet. I'm sure it will get to me soon. This Tuesday I am seeing the doctor in charge of getting rid of cancer on my adrenal gland. We shall see what he has to say after I received the radiation therapy in November.

As I said yesterday I am going to try and complete the challenge that Gypsy put out some weeks ago. I'm sure a lot of folks have simply forgotten about it. But I'm fully planning to get this one under my belt along with all the others we have played with.

flower

DenimAngel
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 12:40:19 PM
DenimAngel

hello1 hi everyone
A large coffee sounds yummy a little caffeine to get going
A cold day here gloomy and muddy outside.
*peeking in the cookie jars * we are in good shape
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats shaped like party hats *
I have an idea for the literary challenge so we will see what happens with it.
*taking my coffee and notebook and the Sunday paper over to the corner table *coffee
Stay warm everyone

gillianleeza
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 12:53:32 PM
gillianleeza

It's a cloudy, cold, and windy day. I'm okay with that, but I would love to have one snowstorm. I am not a fan of cold rain.

I've been busy trying to rest my arm and simultaneously help my son get ready to move. He quit his job in December and went to Germany for five weeks to be with his girlfriend. While there he managed to land a job in Vancouver in his field. He will be driving there at the end of the month. It's 2900 miles from here. He's in a whirlwind of trying to get things ready and have a place rented ready for him to move into when he gets there. He has to quarantine for two weeks after he arrives. His job starts on March 1. He's cutting it close.

As a mom, I worry but he's 26 and has always been independent and successful. He has dual citizenship so moving to Canada isn't a problem and his girlfriend can more easily obtain a visa to join him in a few months. She has several upcoming job interviews. I'll feel better once he arrives.

My parents received their first dose of the vaccine and had no side effects. I am feeling hopeful for them.

I hope everyone has been having a good weekend. I snag some cookies, thanks, Sarah.

Cheers!

Some of my stuff.
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/learning-to-fly.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/memoirs/misery-loves-company.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/we-always-go-on.aspx
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/poetry/heart-flutters.aspx
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 1:01:07 PM
AnnaMayZing

gillianleeza wrote:
My son...quit his job in December and went to Germany for five weeks to be with his girlfriend. While there he managed to land a job in Vancouver in his field.

As you know, I am a huge fan of Germany and the Germans, but even I am impressed by this! kekekegay Lfunny toast wave hello2

The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/-the-nurses-.aspx

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Mendalla
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 1:31:57 PM
Mendalla

gillianleeza wrote:

I've been busy trying to rest my arm and simultaneously help my son get ready to move. He quit his job in December and went to Germany for five weeks to be with his girlfriend. While there he managed to land a job in Vancouver in his field. He will be driving there at the end of the month. It's 2900 miles from here. He's in a whirlwind of trying to get things ready and have a place rented ready for him to move into when he gets there. He has to quarantine for two weeks after he arrives. His job starts on March 1. He's cutting it close.

He'd better hurry up. I think our government might be getting ready to shut down travel altogether. It would be an unusually ballsy move for this government, but both the PM and the Transport Minister have talked about it. Good on him for getting a job there, though. If I was going to live in another part of Canada than where I am, the West Coast (either Vancouver or the Island) would be high on the list. Likely be a retirement move at this point though. I am getting a bit old to be doing major career changes.

Survivor
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2021 6:38:21 AM
Survivor

Hello, hello. Good to see all y'all. The coffee is ready to serve. Make your own tea or cocoa. Have fun out there today.

flower

Rumple_deWriter
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2021 6:55:19 AM
Rumple_deWriter

* Rumple slips in through the unlocked, once again, back door. , and gets the coffee pot and tea kettle cranking. *

How you all are? Here's wishing all Inspirators a tolerable Moanday mourning. Coffee and hot water should be ready before too long.

Thanks to Sarah, there's a generous supply of cookies to help those planning on breaking their fasts.

Gill, why is it not surprising that your youngest son travels from the US east coast to Germany to visit his gf and while there he lands a job in Vancouver? Obviously his gf is a good luck charm. ;)

Congrats to Carl for his KC Chiefs going back to the Super Bowl in two weeks.

Coffee's cooked. Me, I'm gonna fill my mug, grab some of Sarah's cookies and go sit in a comfy chair near the heater.

Mendalla
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2021 9:46:20 AM
Mendalla

Happy Monday!! Sunny but cold here. IOW, it's January.

Not much happening. I'm doing job interviews but, oddly, for someone else, a business partner who has no in-house IT to help vet the candidates.

Wakucha (Japanese Red Tea) is currently filling my mug.

DenimAngel
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2021 12:03:40 PM
DenimAngel

flower hi everyone
A gloomy day outside
A large hot chocolate with mini marshmallows will be great
Might get some writing done today and today is library day!
I have fresh cookies today
*cleaning out the emergency cookie tins *yikes them cookies were old.
*filling the cookie tins with the cookies from a couple of days ago and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top with fresh cookies *
In Big Bird we have chocolate chip cookies, butterscotch marshmallow crunch, apple cinnamon whippersnappers and snow puffs
In Cookie Monster we have butterscotch marshmallow crunch, angel crunch cookies, apple cinnamon whippersnappers and snow puffs
*giving the adorable mascots fresh water and treats *
Stay safe everyone!