Find your next favourite story now
Login

Anyone dressing up for Halloween? As what?

last reply
11 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Anyone dressing up for Halloween? As what?
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Maybe. We are allowed to wear costumes at work tomorrow so I might done my "wizard/priest" robe and hood, at least until lunch time. Have an afternoon meeting so would have to ditch it for that.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
We have two options, since my spouse and I work together. Our tuxedoes are both hanging up nice and fresh from the dry cleaner, so we're tempted to wear them to work (it's a banking operations center) as the two grooms that we are, just like our legal and OFFICIAL wedding day. OR, depending on how much time he thinks it might take, he's thinking of wearing the bridal gown he wore for our first "wedding" (see below). Has to have the time to get the hair and makeup just right, along with the headpiece and veil, etc. In THAT case, naturally, I'll be in my tux as well. That's me in the photo off to the side. Either way, it looks like I'm wearing my tuxedo tomorrow!

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by BowTied
We have two options, since my spouse and I work together. Our tuxedoes are both hanging up nice and fresh from the dry cleaner, so we're tempted to wear them to work (it's a banking operations center) as the two grooms that we are, just like our legal and OFFICIAL wedding day. OR, depending on how much time he thinks it might take, he's thinking of wearing the bridal gown he wore for our first "wedding" (see below). Has to have the time to get the hair and makeup just right, along with the headpiece and veil, etc. In THAT case, naturally, I'll be in my tux as well. That's me in the photo off to the side. Either way, it looks like I'm wearing my tuxedo tomorrow!

That sounds like a fun dress-up. I'd go with the dual tuxes myself. Seems kind of classy but still work-friendly. Tux + dress is probably more fun, though.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Lurker
0 likes
I haven't for decades. Won't be starting again anytime soon.

The last time I wore a costume, I went as Raggedy Andy to compliment my then-girlfriend's Raggedy Anne. To toughen my look, I also had a big old cigar (unlit) and drank a lot. Well, at a college party of several hundred, another dude wore the same costume! Seriously, what are the odds? Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed. We almost came to blows.

I knew then what a cat feels like when it sees itself in the mirror. I wanted to say what some women feel like when they see another woman wearing the same outfit at their function. But I didn't. It might offend someone by that stereotypical representation. However, I did say some, and not all.

Seriously. Two guys got talked into dressing up as Raggedy Andy. I know what my enticement was. I wonder what was offered to him?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Mendalla
That sounds like a fun dress-up. I'd go with the dual tuxes myself. Seems kind of classy but still work-friendly. Tux + dress is probably more fun, though.

Yes, we went with the tuxes. Normally we're both in three-piece suits, starched shirts, and bow ties, so how different are our tuxes other than being fancier three-piece suits? our tuxes are, of course, basic black, tuxedo shirts with laydown collars and pleated fronts,heavilystarched, and the matching vests and bow ties kind of a black-on-black paisley pattern. Glad we bought our tuxes for our wedding rather than rent. Oh, we did wear white rose boutonnieres on our lapels yesterday. Got a lot of smiles at work! Most of the folks at work a.) know we're gay, and b.) know we're wed to eachother. A lot of them were actually at our wedding!
Since we were "all dressed up and nowhere to go," right after work we went to dinner at Maggiano's. Got some looks, walking in wearing our tuxes. Once we got home, there was a lot of kissing! Normally, wearing our three-piece suits, once we're home we'll take off our jackets but remain in our vests and bow ties most of the evening. This was the first time since our wedding that we wore our tuxes. We kept out jackets on most of the evening. We quickly found ourselves on the sofa making out. Good thing we'd already eaten!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes