FASHION??? ... the world's worst!

last reply
29 replies
3.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thread dedicated to anything someone thought fashionable ... then went ahead and made it ... and then ...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I know, I know ... these were introduced this year and marketed first in California... where they completely sold out in a day!

Guess at $US167 a pair they were a bargin?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Crazy old ape
0 likes
The last two are a good example of why I ignore fashion shows. They are more about clever creativity than clothing I'd actually wear.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mendalla
The last two are a good example of why I ignore fashion shows. They are more about clever creativity than clothing I'd actually wear.

NOOOOO! Clever creativity yes... but that you shouldn't ignore. If you attended some of the fahion shows for men's wear you would see, I'm sure, a lot that you would wear. You would also see a lot that you would not wear ... not because of 'clever creativity', but because of your personal taste.

In that decision you would be no different to ladies at a fashion show.... "I like that but it's not me!" (One form of the many translations of "I wouldn't wear that!").

Sometimes designers go batshit crazy and include a piece that is designed more to shock than to enthrall. There is such competition for coverage that a 'wild' piece can generate huge media attention. The three examples I posted above all received worldwide coverage because of their 'individuality'. Such expansive media attention is more than the show would normally gather, even given they are by well known designers.

Chicken feet' heels? Not for me! I think they are both stupid and unfashionable.

The jeans? Well they have proved highly popular albeit in a less transparent form. Here's an example of them being worn well on the street.

As for the male fashion post? It made me giggle.. then laugh. Was it meant to be serious?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mendalla

Now I can see you in this....

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Winter's here!

Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by hayley
Quote by Mendalla

Yeah, that's more my style to be sure. Wish I looked like him, though.

As for the "all over sweater" above me, I'll need that in about 2 months, maybe less.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mendalla
Quote by hayley
Quote by Mendalla

Yeah, that's more my style to be sure. Wish I looked like him, though.

As for the "all over sweater" above me, I'll need that in about 2 months, maybe less.

Awww.. you are very modest... you don't heed to downgrade to his level ... you just stay above the pack!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Noooooo... not a Halloween costume. Shirt $US120, hat extra. Can you picture Johnny Depp in this? Minus the hat of course.. his is waaaaaay better.
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by hayley

Awww.. you are very modest... you don't heed to downgrade to his level ... you just stay above the pack!

I was thinking mostly of the toned abs that appear to lie beneath that shirt. I'm not quite a beer gut but definitely not a six-pack either.

And that outfit above me? Kill it. Kill it with fire.bm7m22pUaEXmCXrn

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mendalla
Quote by hayley

I was thinking mostly of the toned abs that appear to lie beneath that shirt. I'm not quite a beer gut but definitely not a six-pack either.

And that outfit above me? Kill it. Kill it with fire.CJAbkpEjNQrMRZ9f

Toned abs????

Don't be fooled

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Quote by hayley
Quote by Mendalla
Quote by hayley

And that outfit above me? Kill it. Kill it with fire.WPX91y5lf5GneYHw

Toned abs????

Don't be fooled

LOL.

And those Doritos socks would likely sell well in Canada now that weed is legal.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mendalla

And those Doritos socks would likely sell well in Canada now that weed is legal.

So that's how he chose them (ke)

Guess we'll see a whole wave of 'High' end .... oops! ... haute couture Canadian male models gracing the catwalks now.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Yes they are... inside out jeans biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
0 likes
I think she is in the witness protection program.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Chasing Dragons
0 likes

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes