Readability Formula

last reply
8 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I found this in an article on Facebook which gives some insight on the reading levels of Americans. I decided to try this formula on a few of my stories and found that my readability of my stories are between eighth grade adn twelfth grade.

Readability Formula

www.szadventures.com

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by ladysharon
I found this in an article on Facebook which gives some insight on the reading levels of Americans. I decided to try this formula on a few of my stories and found that my readability of my stories are between eighth grade adn twelfth grade.

Readability Formula

I think I had seen this before...if I remember correctly, it said my stories must have been written by a four-year-old with a dull crayon...did a bit better with the poems if I recall...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
I think I had seen this before...if I remember correctly, it said my stories must have been written by a four-year-old with a dull crayon...did a bit better with the poems if I recall...

Mine's apparently at sixth grade reading level.
Administration
0 likes
These are my results, first one was using one of my stories, the second a poem.

Readability ConsensusBased on 8 readability formulas, we have scored your text:
Grade Level: 7
Reading Level: fairly easy to read.
Reader's Age: 11-13 yrs. old (Sixth and Seventh graders)

Readability ConsensusBased on 8 readability formulas, we have scored your text:
Grade Level: 9
Reading Level: standard / average.
Reader's Age: 13-15 yrs. old (Eighth and Ninth graders)

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I put a couple of mine in for evaluation.. all it said was.. "seriously?"
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Dreamcatcher

Hey Larry...ever have this happen? I think they're trying to tell me something, but I'm not sure I'm smart enough to figure out what...

I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Administration
0 likes
Oh yeah, that looks vaguely familiar...

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Quote by Dreamcatcher

Hey Larry...ever have this happen? I think they're trying to tell me something, but I'm not sure I'm smart enough to figure out what...

... oh yes.. I've even had a couple get restraining orders...