Welcome to the Critique Forum

last reply
7 replies
16.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Welcome to the members only section of the site. The aim of this forum is to give authors an opportunity to gain feedback on their work from fellow writers and readers. It's a place to give and receive serious, in-depth critiques, so please only post your stories or poetry if you're prepared to receive suggestions and constructive criticism. Already published works are welcome, as are works-in-progress. If you have a lengthy story you'd like reviewed, please submit one chapter or one easily managed section at a time.

If you'd like to be included in one of the following private critique groups, please send a PM to Maggie or Gypsy (facilitators for this forum and most of the groups) so you can be added. You can join as many or as few as you'd like.

• Action/Adventure
• Crime/Mystery
• Drama/General
• Flash Fiction/Micro Fiction
• Fantasy/Science Fiction/Supernatural
• Horror/Thriller
• Humor
• Memoirs/Musings
• Plays
• Romance
• Young Adult/Children’s

We look forward to seeing you around the forum!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
This is a great idea. Is everyone posting their work in a separate group, or should work be posted on this forum board?

I'd like to help out critiquing when I'm able (author and professional editor, at your service). I'm more likely to have time to read mostly flash fiction, and I can read more people's work if they're shorter pieces, so would you mind adding me to the flash fiction group? IF the flash fiction is split into categories, you can put me down for horror, thriller, sci fi, supernatural, fantasy and humour. If not, that's cool - I'll read almost anything.

Thanks a mill smile
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you - Ray Bradbury.

Find me on Smashwords: www.smashwords.com/profile/view/VanessaFinaughty
Hire me as your editor: www.write-way-freelancers.com
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by VanessaFinaughty
This is a great idea. Is everyone posting their work in a separate group, or should work be posted on this forum board?

I'd like to help out critiquing when I'm able (author and professional editor, at your service). I'm more likely to have time to read mostly flash fiction, and I can read more people's work if they're shorter pieces, so would you mind adding me to the flash fiction group? IF the flash fiction is split into categories, you can put me down for horror, thriller, sci fi, supernatural, fantasy and humour. If not, that's cool - I'll read almost anything.

Thanks a mill smile

Thank you, Vanessa. It'd be fantastic to have your input in the critique groups. I've added you to all of the groups so you can see what's going on. If there are any you'd like to be removed from, please let me know. Thanks again!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Excellent feature! Thanks for inviting me!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I really do like the Critique Forum, but I do have a question.

I noted the button "Edit" is added to all posts. Thus it appears that anyone may edit anyone's else's post.
I don't believe this is to be used while critiquing another persons words, yet how is it to be used?
Should we just quote the original post and critique with the new box?

I would also ask if the writer of the original piece submitted should go back and update their original words, thus allowing all to only comment on the 'improved' words.

If this has all been explained elsewhere, just point me in the right direction.
Please read A Gilded Cage and tell me what you think... Really!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think this is a wonderful idea, and I'd be happy to add my opinions to muddy the waters in flash fiction/musings, and in the humor department.
"Any book not worth reading twice was not worth reading the first time." Oscar Wilde
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I know my fantasy/Sci-fi & supernatural so I would love to be added to that group if possible.

smile
Toying with a story idea loosely based on Dracula's origins from Dracula 2000.

so far I'm liking what I am thinking.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
May I ask whom should I ask to add me to this group? And I'm wondering if theres like a mystery critique that I can join??
Administration
0 likes
Quote by Ghostreader
May I ask whom should I ask to add me to this group? And I'm wondering if theres like a mystery critique that I can join??

Feel free to inbox me the categories you would like access to and I will add you.

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Who do I contact to get into the Fantasy critique group to have a piece of mine critiqued?
0 likes
Quote by Starfallfantasy
Who do I contact to get into the Fantasy critique group to have a piece of mine critiqued?

Send a request to any of the mods, I believe. I usually just ask Yas, and hope she isn't busy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Rebellious_Soul
Quote by Starfallfantasy

Send a request to any of the mods, I believe. I usually just ask Yas, and hope she isn't busy.

Thank you.