Awarding the DirtyMartini badge.

last reply
12 replies
4.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I have been browsing around our site here. I just saw the DirtyMartini badge and I also note that Alan Jankowski's birthday is coming up on March 16th. It is a shame that we have the badge commemorating him but we have not actually had a contest to award the badge to someone in a poetry writing contest. Not here on StoriesSpace anyway. I would hope that someone might consider having our next contest here on SS be a poetry contest to award that DirtyMartini badge to someone. It would be grand fun and a great way to remember his passing last year on the 10th of March. That date was just yesterday. I missed noting it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What a wonderful idea Larry! I would love to have everyone here on blue write something to honor him. So many people were touched by him.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lovely idea and a very appropriate tribute. Great thinking Larry!
Crazy old ape
0 likes
I didn't know DirtyMartini that well but I'm always up for a poetry comp. I think. Seems to depend on the direction of the wind and what I ate for dinner.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by gillianleeza
I love the idea and a new competition here would be great to have. To the powers that be, pretty, pretty please!

I am just hoping the powers that be are still coming here to read these Members' Feedback posts.
Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
I've not been around as much as I had hoped to be after having surgery last month, but I still make it here every few days at least!

We're long overdue for another contest. I have an idea for one in mind, and an homage to Alan figures into it. However, I didn't realize we had the DirtyMartini badge on this site. Cool!
Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by magnificent1rascal
I've not been around as much as I had hoped to be after having surgery last month, but I still make it here every few days at least!

We're long overdue for another contest. I have an idea for one in mind, and an homage to Alan figures into it. However, I didn't realize we had the DirtyMartini badge on this site. Cool!

Thanks for all your work, Maggie. I'm so glad you're better. Surgery is never fun. Happy Birthday, Alan!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by magnificent1rascal

Awesome!!!

There are many of us that want to reboot the competitions here. This isn’t a money making site. We understand and I don’t think any of us would expect a monetary prize. We want the thrill and excitement of a full-contact, no holds barred, StoriesSpace writing competition.

Bring it ON!!!!
0 likes
I’d love to see a contest here. As Ping said, monetary awards aren’t necessary. It’s about the competing and the recognition of the works entered that matter
-Red
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I want to keep the enthusiasm going for this - not only for the Dirty Martini badge, but to get some interest in a contest. Love the idea.
0 likes
Quote by Rumple_deWriter
Might not hurt to repost the criteria for the 'Dirty Martini' badge for the benefit of the new and the forgetful. ;)

Great to have the dynamic duo of Milik and Simi among us. Looking forward to reading their fine writing.

Thank you! We are happy to be here. Change is the order of our day and this site gives us a new start.