Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

End of the Line Options · View
paulus
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:26:42 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Your name I hear and I am pleased
That you two did survive
That our battle hasn't ceased
And that we both still strive
To be the owner of this spot
This very special place
So let us toast to the next round
In this exiting race

Cheers!

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 10:49:02 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/1/2015
Posts: 5,829
I'll take my time and look around,
before the light doth dim,
Maybe sit and ponder some
Just me, myself and him...



The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx


"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
paulus
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 1:38:19 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
AnnaMayZing wrote:
I'll take my time and look around,
before the light doth dim,
Maybe sit and ponder some
Just me, myself and him...


Now there's a sight that warms my heart
An image of two friends
So different, yet they seem to share
A bond that never ends
And as the evening's drawing near
The light will slowly fade
But what was forged within their hearts
will never be unmade


If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 7:26:34 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/1/2015
Posts: 5,829
Your words are sweet and so, it seems,
So very hard to beat.
So maybe I should let you stay,
Remain here in your seat.
My friend and I, inseparable,
will leave you here alone,
To win the game, claim victory,
The king upon his throne...

Ha! No! Be off with you! evil4



The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx


"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
paulus
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 10:07:15 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
A king with crown, I'll never be
For power I seek not
I only claim what should be mine
This very special spot
And though I can appreciate
The bond that you two share
I'll guard my spot with all I have
So dragonqueen, beware!

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Guest
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 2:36:46 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,642
paulus wrote:
A king with crown, I'll never be
For power I seek not
I only claim what should be mine
This very special spot
And though I can appreciate
The bond that you two share
I'll guard my spot with all I have
So dragonqueen, beware!


I fear I see examples
Of presumption going on
Both of you claim victory
Though neither of you has won.
Victory cannot yet be claimed
So ponder this, dear friends:
Until that proverbial fat lady sings
This is the thread that never ends!
paulus
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 3:03:05 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
authorised1960 wrote:
paulus wrote:
A king with crown, I'll never be
For power I seek not
I only claim what should be mine
This very special spot
And though I can appreciate
The bond that you two share
I'll guard my spot with all I have
So dragonqueen, beware!


I fear I see examples
Of presumption going on
Both of you claim victory
Though neither of you has won.
Victory cannot yet be claimed
So ponder this, dear friends:
Until that proverbial fat lady sings
This is the thread that never ends!

I know it never ends my friend
But that won't change our track
The dragonqueen will win this spot
And I will take it back
And when that chubby lady sings
Her best, and final song
We both want to be in the spot
We fought for all along

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Guest
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 6:39:18 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,642


Be prepared for disappointment
Around you to entwine
For there is only one winner in the frame
For this thread we call 'The End of the Line'
That victor just has got to be me
For the fat lady sings to the crowd
And my name as the winner
Is being trumpeted aloud!
paulus
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 7:56:28 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
I hope you're wrong for it implies the fat lady sang for you
And since we didn't hear her, 't must be 'cause your days are thru
Now that would be disturbing, I would miss you terribly
But I also would go on to try and claim this spot for me

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 8:07:15 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,841
Location: In the Void, United States
Oh my god, not this again.
Poems have infected the game again.
I thought this was over as soon as I joined.
Don't believe me? Go back to the beginning of the line.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
paulus
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 8:25:10 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Fear not my friend, this is a little battle between AnnaMayZing and me, but apparently rhyme is contagious. It is however not mandatory... And btw, I believe you without checking.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 10:19:24 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,841
Location: In the Void, United States
Darn you saw through my clever trap.
One of rhymes and rap.
Now leave my spot and abide
I have taken this place in stride.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 10:20:20 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/1/2015
Posts: 5,829
Rhyme away, Rebellious Soul,
The more the merrier I say!
But you won't win, you mark my words,
For we are here to stay!



The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx


"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Guest
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 10:41:55 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,642


Anna May, sweetness you are
But you try to go too far
Have I not mentioned before
There is no room for you here anymore!
So away with you, for good this time
And please remember this spot is mine
Come not back today or tomorrow
Unless you are especially looking for sorrow...?
paulus
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 12:56:48 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Andy, Rebs and Anna too,
This is not the place for you
I am claiming all the rights
For the coming days and nights
To make this spot my property
For all the future world to see
So give it up, forget the fight
And find a deep dark hole to hide

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Guest
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 3:17:51 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,642


Dear Paul, you're such a nice guy
But, no matter how hard you try
To claim this spot solely as your own
There is someone else who has grown
Extremely fond of this place you see
That someone happens to be ME
So before claiming victors' rights
And aiming to stay here days and nights
Be warned in manner truthfully
That outcome is not going to be
For you'll have to evict me from here first
And trying that will be the worst
Mistake you will make all this year
Cos come December 31st I'll still be here!!

AnnaMayZing
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 11:14:52 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/1/2015
Posts: 5,829
Wait, what is this, can it really be true?
You argue about who wins?
Well listen, friends, do you hear that?
I believe the fat lady sings!!



The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx


"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
paulus
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2:17:22 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
I'm sorry dears, but I refuse to hear that lady sing
I'd rather hear some syncopation and a little swing
Her song is really wasted, she had better shut her face
Because I am not listening nor giving up this place

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:34:22 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,642


The choice whether you stay or you go
Is not yours to make, didn't you know?
A friendly warning was sent to you by me
Of how things were going to be
That warning you chose to ignore
So now I am declaring war
For this spot - so wonderful and fine -
Will be mine, mine, all mine!!
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:47:42 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/1/2015
Posts: 5,829
Do not think that just because,
A friendly warning given,
Means that either of you
won't from this place be driven.
be off with you for 'pon my word
If you come back you'll feel my sword!



The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx


"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
Guest
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 12:17:04 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,642


Well that's a sight that's rarely seen
An honest-to-goodness Warrior Queen.
Oh, hold on, my mind's a mess
It's only Anna playing in Fancy Dress!
Put down that sword before you hurt yourself
Or do something that's not good for your health.
Like staking claims that are so untrue:
I have come to expect better of you.
Surely it must be clear after all this time
That I am the rightful heir to the 'End of the Line'?

paulus
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 6:25:51 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
AnnaMayZing wrote:
Do not think that just because,
A friendly warning given,
Means that either of you
won't from this place be driven.
be off with you for 'pon my word
If you come back you'll feel my sword!


What dost thou wish, oh dragon queen
Thy shiny toothpick thou displayest
Whilst thine threats are rarely seen
Pray, dost thou know just what thou sayest
I beg thee, put that thing back where it came from
And pray withdraw thy vile remarks
Thou remindest me of a puppy
That cannot bite, although it barks

Oh and Andy, clear the way
You'd better give some room
If I were you, I'd start to run
Or stand and face your doom


If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Guest
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 7:29:19 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,642

Oh dear oh dear, look what's been done
To this thread once so much fun
Poets, lyricists and punsters
Have presented themselves as funsters
All claiming to have a personal say
In the precise manner and way
In which victory will be achieved
If their previous postings are to be believed
The fact of the matter is thus:
It is long past the time to end this fuss
And acknowledge me as the winner here
Is that universal agreement I hear?

paulus
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:08:33 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Universal agreement? Surrender it to you?
Let me tell you now in French: "Monsieur, vous etes fou!".
I doubt that you will listen, as stubborn as you are.
But I'll come out as winner, all else is too bizarre.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
JWren
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:38:24 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/24/2015
Posts: 2,203
Location: United Kingdom
If I don't converse
In a verse
Is it a sin
When I win?

Guest
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:01:52 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,642

Posting in verse is not de rigueur
(It just happened that way: go figure.)
Not that it matters, anyway
Because what I have now to say
Is that this has gone on far too long
And it would be entirely wrong
For me to leave you with the wrong idea
Of what is going to happen here:
When all is settled and said and done
You will all find out that it is I who has won!
Fewniks
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 10:21:50 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/29/2015
Posts: 715
Location: muscat
dontknow coffee

"Life is What you make of it "
AnnaMayZing
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2016 1:22:51 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/1/2015
Posts: 5,829


The third part of this epic journey starts here... https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-long-road-home-chapter-1.aspx


"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
ginger86
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2016 9:24:43 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/29/2015
Posts: 2,540
Location: on my computer, United States


paulus
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2016 9:29:16 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Hi Ginger, I'm going to relieve you of your post. I'll take this spot now.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.