Find your next favourite story now
Login

This article should be absolute required reading for anyone actually looking to get published...

last reply
5 replies
4.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rest in Peace
0 likes
First off, I'd like to thank Chrissey for sharing this over on Facebook...

This article should be absolute required reading for anyone actually looking to get published...

I've said before, I really don't like to give advice, but in the last fourteen months or so I've spent probably too much time reading writing blogs, joining writing groups, and I've actually met in person and talked to actual published authors...like Caridad Pineiro, an erotic author who writes for Harlequin and others...and I can tell you they will basically all tell you the same things...

Plus, I've managed to make a bit of headway myself in recent months...

What Happened To My Submission? The Chance You Take When You Don't Follow Directions

http://naughtynightspress.blogspot.com/2011/11/what-happened-to-my-submission-chance.html?spref=fb

There is the proverbial shitload of blogs out there by people who have self-published because "traditional publishers are no longer interested in the little author" or words to that effect...

Let me let you in on a fact...traditional publishers make their money finding new talent...

The people who don't get published either need to learn how to write...or learn how to follow directions...or worse yet, some combination of both...

Don't be one of those people my writing Stories Space Cadet friends...

Just saying...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Rumple_deWriter
Words of wisdom, Master Moderator.

Hmmm...Master Moderator Martini...kinda has a nice ring to it, you think?

Do you think it would be terribly wrong of me to insist that everyone in my presence refer to me by that name?

Lol...just thinking out loud...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Quote by Rumple_deWriter

Do you think it would be terribly wrong of me to insist that everyone in my presence refer to me by that name?

I have a feeling; moderating is not all that your master of Al...

Hey Mr deWriter,
Just wondering if your kin to that other Rumple guy I know?
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by scooter

Hey Mr deWriter,
Just wondering if your kin to that other Rumple guy I know?

Hey Scooter...didn't you know that Rumple is a common name?

It's like Smith in some parts of the world...

Administration
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Quote by Rumple_deWriter

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”