"A comment has been made on one of your stories"

last reply
6 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I have my profile set up to get an e-mail when ever someone comments on one of my stories. However, that's all that's sent is just a blank notification.

Is there any way the system could include the story title, who made the comment, and the comment in the e-mail?

All that info is posted in my Timeline profile.

Just asking.
"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I haven’t had any problems on Lush, other than the site crashing almost every day. I haven’t received any comments on my stories here on SS for some time so I can’t comment on Meredith’s problem - yet!
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12
Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
Quote by meredith
I have my profile set up to get an e-mail when ever someone comments on one of my stories. However, that's all that's sent is just a blank notification.

Is there any way the system could include the story title, who made the comment, and the comment in the e-mail?

All that info is posted in my Timeline profile.

Just asking.

James, I have to think this is some kind of glitch. It’s been about a month since I received any story comments, but at that time, the email notification told me which story it was made on, who left the comment (it was you!) and even provided a link. Let’s give it a few days for the kinks to work out. If it’s still happening next week, I’ll contact Gav and ask for his assistance.
Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Crazy old ape
0 likes
Hmm. My new poem (just went up a week ago) has had comments and I've received notifications for all of them that were basically what I expected. So whatever it is, isn't consistent.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Quote by gav
Hi

I have justed tested this on my account, seems ok:

Hi
A new comment has been made on your story http://www.storiesspace.com/stories/action/a-summer-romance.aspx#5a64391d59fc883b78575858

gav
testing email comments

Prefer not to receive comment alerts? You can turn them off on your member profile page.

Cheers,
storiesspace.com

Do you just get a blank email, does it have a subject?

I guess I should update this.

The problem turns out to be my ISP's problem, not with SS. When I read those messages with their web based email format the text is missing. It appears when I retrieve them from the server with Thunderbird or I check them using the email utility MaliWasher.

I did report it to them some time ago, but guess what? Never heard word one from the support people. No surprise there.

Sorry for the confusion guys.
"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"