Posters and Art Prints

last reply
784 replies
66.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Since I was a small boy captivated by the prints on the walls of railway compartments showing the various destinations served by that company I have been interested in the art of the poster designer, for me a form of art that seemed to be at its apogee in Europe in fin de siècle Paris and during the early and middle decades of the twentieth century. The influence of Japanese prints on this form of art should also be acknowledged. Others may disagree and prefer more recent examples of this genre.

I hope that this thread will become a celebration of everyone's favourite posters and art prints, but I will start with a few examples of my own.

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Hebrews 4:12
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
These are so beautiful Keith - glad you started it - I've found lovely prints

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A lovely art form. As a country (way country) boy/ navy man I have never noticed or been exposed to this as a genera before. My personal style is quite different. I promise to share someday.
May your parchment be smooth, your ink never blot, and your writing never block.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes