"Always On" option for friends

last reply
1 reply
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I would like some clarification on this option.

Our Friends Page allows us to set a friend or friends to see us as "Always On".

Does that mean even when we are NOT logged in? Or perhaps when we are logged in, but invisible? Does override the "Away" status?

Reason for asking, one friend I had set up as "Always On". I was logged in, but invisible at the time. I frequently log in that way so I can read emails and stories and go undisturbed. They sent me an IM. However, the system returned my "Away" Status message. I would have thought the system would have overridden my status and sent the message since I had them set as "Always On".

Another friend sent me an IM when I wasn't logged in. They also had the "Always ON" flag set. I am wondering if they thought I was logged in? If that's the case, I can little value in the option except to irritate a friend who thought you were on?

So just how does it work? Perhaps more precisely, how is it suppose to work?

Not logged in?
Logged in and Invisible?
Logged in and Away?

Just curious
"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree this feature is mysterious and seems to me to be anti-friendly. My observation is that it overrides both on/offline to be always on even if you aren't. It also overrides invisibility (which I think was the original intent). Looks like a code bug to me where a value is nested and turning it on/off was put at the wrong level. I would like to know the purpose and desired behavior.
May your parchment be smooth, your ink never blot, and your writing never block.