Access Denied

last reply
2 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Why would I be denied access to a thread or topic in the forum? Today I noticed that DirtyMartini had posted something in a thread called The Conning of America which is apparently in the forum area Critique Groups. I clicked on the thread on the right of the screen and received a message saying Access Denied - that I was trying to enter an area that I could not.

I entered the Critique Groups and noted that the thread was not listed there.

This seems odd to me. Are there areas in the forum where I am denied access? It would be interesting to know why that would be true.
0 likes
The Critique Forum is open to members who have sent a request to Admin and received admission to it. It is visible as a forum to anyone cruising the web, but entrance is requested and accorded. So even a signed in member can see the latest post but not necessarily enter the forum.

When I gained access to it, I specified I wanted access to all the categories, so I have that. A person could request access to all, or specific topics.

I easily saw and read the thread you refer to, since I have access to it.

Send a request to Yas or Blue perhaps, and you'll be set for entry to it.

One of the reasons for it being a locked forum is writers who post texts there, requesting feedback or critique of a text, can do so without the text being considered as published on the web, should he or she wish to submit the text to a venue that excludes prior publication, including the web.

Here's a link to the introductory thread: http://www.storiesspace.com/forum/yaf_postst634_New-critiquing-forum-added.aspx

Hope this helps,, Larry.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by gypsy
The Critique Forum is open to members who have sent a request to Admin and received admission to it. It is visible as a forum to anyone cruising the web, but entrance is requested and accorded. So even a signed in member can see the latest post but not necessarily enter the forum.

When I gained access to it, I specified I wanted access to all the categories, so I have that. A person could request access to all, or specific topics.

I easily saw and read the thread you refer to, since I have access to it.

Send a request to Yas or Blue perhaps, and you'll be set for entry to it.

One of the reasons for it being a locked forum is writers who post texts there, requesting feedback or critique of a text, can do so without the text being considered as published on the web, should he or she wish to submit the text to a venue that excludes prior publication, including the web.

Here's a link to the introductory thread: http://www.storiesspace.com/forum/yaf_postst634_New-critiquing-forum-added.aspx

Hope this helps,, Larry.

That seems clear enough. Thanks for the help.