Announcing the winners of the Solstice Competition

last reply
16 replies
6.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Help me in congratulating the winners of the Solstice competition. A huge thank you to everyone that participated and made this a success. There was some wonderful entries!

The top three spots went to:

Our Winner

#1 Guardian of the Light by Lloydoxton

Second place

#2 A hundred breaths by Paperboy

Third place

#3 The copse by LarryFNigh

An honourable mention to these entries, which make up the Top 10:

Fade to Black by magnificent1rascal

Solstice: midnight enchantment by Rebellious_Soul

The Gathering by AnnaMayZing

In the Dark by incaendo

Solstice Of Deception by Entangled_Fate

The longest night by Vision

Fire and Ice by TooShy678

A huge thank you to everyone who took the time to write stories for this competition, all those who voted and commented, and to the judging panel.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I'm very pleased to have won third place in this competition. Congratulations to all of the entries, and the first and second place winners.
Administration
0 likes
Congrats =d> to all the winners. Thank you to all the entrants, the readers and the judging panel.

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners. I'm so excited that my bestie took 3'rd place.

Hugs,
Mysteria
xo

Lurker
0 likes
Congratulation to the winners!! I am so happy for you guys!

Chasing Dragons
0 likes
Congratulations to the winners and the runners up.
I am over the moon at 6. Fantastic!
And thanks to everyone for their sweet comments and scores.

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Lurker
0 likes
Congrats to all!
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Congrats to all the winners...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners. It was a good competition.
I just keep hopping from place to place.
I never stay too long.
I just keep moving singing a song.
So you better stop me if you want to chat.
Or you will never know where I am at.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am thrilled for all that won............I must make sure I read them all

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi everyone,

I really want to thank you all for the honour of 2nd place in the comp! I'd like to say that just having anyone take the time to read a story of mine and leave a compliment is all I can ask for. I CAN say that... but now that I've had the taste of sweet, sweet victory, I REALLY want to say, "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!"

Honestly, though, this was a really nice way to end the weekend, hearing about this. Congrats to the other comp winners. Thanks to the moderators/judges and to the readers.

Your time is precious. Thank you so much for spending some of it to read a few words of mine.

Paperboy
Hey! I write!

If you're into Twilight Zone, read this: [url=https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-that-orange-feeling-.aspx][color=orange]That Orange Feeling
[/url]
If you're feeling naughty, read this: [url=https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/twas-the-night-after-christmas.aspx][color=green]Twas the Night After Christmas[/url]
If you're into tear jerkers, read this: A Hundred Breaths

Thank you!
Lurker
0 likes
Sincere congratulations to the winners and those who received an honourable mention. I am naturally disappointed not to receive a mention, but I am still pleased with my entry, although now the competition is over I will rework it to make it more satisfying as a piece of blank verse.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Congratulations to all of the entrants, too the winners and runners up.
Also to the mods who had the task of choosing, not an easy job.
"No one knows when the final grain of sand will plummet through their own personal Hourglass." ~ CKAcres
"If you really want to make a difference, don't over think it, just do it..."
"Scars of life are deeply etched within the minds of curious old souls."
Lurker
0 likes
Congratulations to all. Knight of love, you're a beautiful writer.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Congrats to all the winners and runners up. xo