Find your next favourite story now
Login

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

last reply
6 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have you taken part in NaNoWriMo before? If so did you complete the challenge (write a 50,000 word novella during the month of November)?

http://www.nanowrimo.org
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm thinking about doing this for the first time. I've never heard of it before and I'm not sure I can come up with a plot idea in time but I'd like to have a try!
Lurker
0 likes
I've been thinking about doing it again. I tried a few years ago and finished the challenge, but the story that I ended up with is still just sitting there with me wondering what to do with it.

Maybe this time around I could try and be more motivated.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've tried it once too. I found it a great way to get into good writing habits. I set aside a certain time each day to get my word count done...and that habit lasted for at least a couple of weeks after November ended.
Rest in Peace
0 likes
[removed by admin] has a lot about it, advice, other people and lots of articles to help...I did a quick search and found at least three groups there...here is one...[link removed]
I've never tried it...I could write 50,000 words in a month, but not a novel...
There is a quote from Stephen King somewhere on there where he says basically, "if you don't write 2,000 words a day, you're not really a writer"...
Oh well...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I removed your link to a competitor's site, Alan. We're trying to encourage that kind of participation here rather than send people elsewhere.

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
I removed your link to a competitor's site, Alan. We're trying to encourage that kind of participation here rather than send people elsewhere.

I could swear I saw a link to WritersResources.com somewhere that you posted, but I must be mistaken...
Just trying to be helpful...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini
Quote by Lisa

I could swear I saw a link to WritersResources.com somewhere that you posted, but I must be mistaken...
Just trying to be helpful...

Writersresources.com is mostly a collection of articles rather than an online community where people post their work.

No harm done!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've never done this, but I love the idea of it as a challenge.

I'm just afraid of the quality of my writing when I'm working to a deadline. It seems to make me want to procrastinate...

"Maybe next year!"... Yeah, that's my favourite excuse.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sounds like a good idea. I began one two years ago and it's going to be posted on here, just removing some of the scenes that aren't suitable for the target audience.

www.szadventures.com