Hot dogs?

last reply
34 replies
7.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know this will be a controversial thread: how do you all like your hot dogs? My favorite is on a bun that is not too bready, with mustard and ketchup, hot peppers and celery salt, and sometimes sauerkraut. When I was a kid, the thought of ketchup on hot dogs made me feel ill, but then I started doing it at camp, and grew to like it. How about you all?
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
I like a good size kielbasa.. grilled over a flame.. charred slightly.. in a soft fresh steak roll.. with mustard.. onions.. pickles.. tomatoes.. and a sprinkle of wine vinegar.. along with cold potato salad.. and a Corona in a frozen glass..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On this side of the pond a hotdog usually comes prepacked and microwave ready. I pass....
If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Steamed natural casing dog, set in a plain steamed bun, Chigo style minus the tomatoes which means slathered with mustard and relish (instead of a pickle spear), and sprinkled with chopped onions and sport peppers. To be at it's best you need fries, the big, fat, softer type is best. but these are bigger and fatter than either. You can even put a few of the fries on the dog itself. Sometimes I will add a little chili, sometimes a little bit of pepper jack cheese for kick, or maybe a little of both. I do not drink soda much anymore, but a good hotdog goes best with ice cold Mountain Dew or a hardy lager if you can have a nip (I am no longer allowed that luxury).

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
grilled and possibly an Italian sausage on a bun and with mustard and onions
You can always come back, but you can’t come back all the way.
- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can't remember when I last ate a hotdog. No one in my neck of the woods has hot dogs for cealiacs :-(
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by AriesDragon
I can't remember when I last ate a hotdog. No one in my neck of the woods has hot dogs for cealiacs :-(

Is it the hotdog itself ?? I can understand the bread bun being a problem
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by snoop
Quote by AriesDragon

Is it the hotdog itself ?? I can understand the bread bun being a problem

All factory produced hot dogs contain gluten, though, knowing what goes into a regular hot dog is pretty grim, and puts one off them anyway. Even many farmers market type sausages contain it or are cross contaminated by being produced alongside products that do contain gluten. Traditionally, bread is used to bulk up sausages.
I get delicious, gluten free, sausages from a farm shop, and a friend makes me wonderful Borewors.
Lurker
0 likes
I rarely have these, but when I do it's just with ketchup and mustard. Fresh chopped onion if it's available.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Spicy mustard and onions
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Spicy mustard and onions
Lurker
0 likes
Gotta be mustard and onions only. I can't stand ketchup!
0 likes
I love chilli dogs. Why bother with mustard and ketchup when you can smother them in chilli?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like a foot long one with everything on it smile with tons of cheese on it too :P
Lurker
0 likes
Don't eat them very often but when I do,I like chili and onions. Some times coleslaw.
0 likes
Hot dog? Nah, one of those spicy sausages, with light cheese filled goodness,and a plan bun, because I hate everything else.
0 likes
usually plain sometimes with ketchup spicy mustard
Lurker
0 likes
Chili and onions.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Sauerkraut and mustard

Xo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
mustard, chili, onions, on a beach, cooked on open fire, at midnight
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ginger86
mustard, chili, onions, on a beach, cooked on open fire, at midnight

All of the above, but shared with a special friend 😀

Hi Ginger
Lurker
0 likes
Chili dogs,
Lurker
0 likes
Chili dog
Lurker
0 likes
Good ole fashion chili dog.
Lurker
0 likes
either mustard and onions or sauerkrawt and onions .. or a polish dog with brown mustard
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't really like hot dogs, so when I do eat them, I have the all-beef ones by Hebrew National with a little dill relish and spicy mustard, or I'll have a German Nachwurst with sauerkraut.

💓 Melissa Etheridge - PULSE ( for orlando victims ) 💓 - YouTube

As always, kindness is free, so please consider that when replying to someone rather than the alternatives. You never know what's going on in their life that you may not see. Love, Light & Blessed Be, friends.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't really like hot dogs, so when I do eat them, I have the all-beef ones by Hebrew National with a little dill relish and spicy mustard, or I'll have a German Nachwurst with sauerkraut.

💓 Melissa Etheridge - PULSE ( for orlando victims ) 💓 - YouTube

As always, kindness is free, so please consider that when replying to someone rather than the alternatives. You never know what's going on in their life that you may not see. Love, Light & Blessed Be, friends.

Lurker
0 likes
I like Knockwurst, which is fatter and tastes a lot better to me. All the same condiments can be used with them too. I like just brown mustard, on a bun.