Others might not
And maybe even hate

So make sure your ready
To show what you have done
Because many may like it
But so could no one.

CM Turville
5/3/15

Boy, this is an easy question. Get this posted right away. I am no expert at poetry, but I liked it. Very good job.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Really? It would my first submitted here, so wanted to make sure it might go over well. Thank you for the enthusiastic encouragement.! I appreciate your time to read and post. Thanks again!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lg68
Really? It would my first submitted here, so wanted to make sure it might go over well. Thank you for the enthusiastic encouragement.! I appreciate your time to read and post. Thanks again!

This is the main reason this site is here. To share our attempts at verse and prose. Some are better than other, but all are welcome. Speaking as one of the lesser talented on here, there is near endless opportunity to learn and improve. There is a section in the forum for critiquing your work titled Critique Group. If you have any questions about that or anything else, please do not hesitate to ask. Please keep in mind that we have several members that are well published authors. I could mention some names, but I try not to feed their egos too much. (even though they deserve it, yes Alan, Maggie, Yasmin, and others)
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
if the last names of 2 of the 3 start with an s and a g , then I am very familiar with their work...thank you for the tips!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Chris, publish it!
If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by rolandlytle
 I could mention some names, but I try not to feed their egos too much. (even though they deserve it, yes Alan, Maggie, Yasmin, and others)
Roland, perhaps it's better to use the usernames by which they are known here. Maggie happens to be a username too, she's my lovely wife, but I believe, she's not the Maggie you're referring to.
If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by paulus
Chris, publish it!

Thanks, Paul

I just submitted it so its up to the powers that be now...Thanks for the encouragement!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The first one is always the hardest, I for one enjoyed this poem and understood it too.

I am glad you published it well done, I will go comment and score on it too, I hope to see much more from you.

Congrats on publishing your first of many I hope.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks Kiera!