Question re: Voting

last reply
6 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It seems to me that some of my works now have fewer votes than they did previously. Is that even possible? Can someone who voted on your work go back and "unvote" it? I looked in the FAQs and on the stories themselves, and did not see anything that covers the subject.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am not 100% sure, but I believe if you delete your account, your votes go away. If you only deactivate your account, your votes remain. I will check with the senior staff and see if that is right.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
Quote by rolandlytle
I am not 100% sure, but I believe if you delete your account, your votes go away. If you only deactivate your account, your votes remain. I will check with the senior staff and see if that is right.

That is correct, but the number of lost votes sometimes seems to outpace the number of deleted accounts. I know my pieces have lost several votes at a time on a few different occasions.

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sometimes people have multiple accounts here on Stories Space (Gasp! Yes it happens.) and if they decide to leave and delete all the accounts that is what can happens. Several votes will disappear at once, assuming they voted with the multiple accounts.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Administration
0 likes
There are times when we come across a troll scorer and have to remove all their votes, which would affect the amount of votes on your stories. We haven't had to do that in a while, so I doubt that's what happened to your stories. Send me a link to the stories in question and I will look into it.

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Lurker
0 likes
I have some seemingly random 2's. Not sure if from invisible non_human computer troll or what. The reason that I wonder is because I've had my settings at you have to comment to vote. I'm also quite sure that those who did vote on those would never give me a 2.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by rolandlytle
Sometimes people have multiple accounts here on Stories Space (Gasp! Yes it happens.) and if they decide to leave and delete all the accounts that is what can happens. Several votes will disappear at once, assuming they voted with the multiple accounts.

If you find them, are they kicked out right away? If they have two maybe they have three accounts.

Perhaps they are doing that to pat their and their friends work.

And also low voting on the same token.