Find your next favourite story now
Login

What are some of the WORST movies you've ever seen, and Why?

last reply
22 replies
5.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Judas Project (1990): This is simply one of the worst films ever made, especially given its original lofty notions. The film claims to give a 'modern day' interpretation of Jesus Christ ("Jesse" in the movie). I thought it was an interesting idea and it basically something that had me shaking my head amazed I had paid 8.00 to see it.

You can always come back, but you can’t come back all the way.
- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Watched it few days ago with high hopes....How can a film With Morgan Freeman and Clive Own in be crap? Well this one was...The acting was poor, the story line extremely dire and there is no action until right at then end, it was a terrible film.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
2047: Sights of Death (2014): Mind-numbingly boring film,the 'name actors' must have been paid a shed full of money to appear in this tedious drivel. Money must have been the only reason it was made.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Split Second (1992): In futuristic London, the rising sea levels mean that large areas are under feet of water. Hauer plays a cop who previously lost his partner to some strange creature. Now the creature is back and its after him. It's not about Rutger Hauer wasting his talent, it's about earning money and this film was obviously about making money.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The world According to Garp
- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Zaat
- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Laserblast (1978): Alien creatures kill a mutated alien creature in the California desert. Its remains, and the high-tech laser gun and power source accidentally left behind, are found by an ostracized teenager. However, the power source causes the teenager to mutate too, and he goes on a murderous rampage. It has no perceptible story line, very little, if any plot, and some really poor acting.
- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Battlefield Earth (2000): In the year 3000, humanity is no match for the Psychlos, a greedy, manipulative race on a quest for ultimate profit. Led by the seductive and powerful Terl, the Psychlos are stripping Earth of its resources, using the broken remnants of humanity as slaves.
- Bob Dylan
Story Moderator
0 likes
This is the most recent "worst" movie that comes to mind. With all that star power I expected much more. I would have walked out halfway but I kept thinking it would get better, it didn't.
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
One of only two DVDs I have not been able to finish watching. I found it ear rending to say the least. How on earth Benny and Bjorn authorised it is beyond me.

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Chasing Dragons
0 likes
This was the other.

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Story Moderator
0 likes
The Wicker Man. This remake was just silly. It was on recently and I tried to watch it but ended up laughing. Nicholas Cages' over the top bad acting did nothing to enhance the movie and Ellen Burstyn must have been hard up for work.

Story Moderator
0 likes
The 1998 remake of Psycho with Vince Vaughan and Anne Heche.

What were they thinking? They used the same script almost verbatim. It did not work. The casting choices were odd, even though they are all good actors it came across as forced. Another remake that I ended up laughing at.

Forum Facilitator
0 likes
Geee. Where do I start?

What about any of those cheesy Sci-Fi films made in Japan. Where guys dress in monster suits tramped models of Tokyo?

"Plan 9 from Outer-Space"? It's so bad it's a cult classic.

"Them" (1954)

"Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958)

Almost any of the other Ed Wood movies. LOL

Of the modern movies this has got to be one the worst. Terrible plot line and premise.

"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"
Lurker
0 likes
Anything and everything comic book related.
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
Quote by Guest
Anything and everything comic book related.

Agreed.

Ridiculous is putting it mildly!

Lurker
0 likes
Weekend at Bernie's II
0 likes
Glitter. I’m not a Mariah Carey fan to start off with but this was by far the worse music themed movie I’ve ever watched. Everyone involved in the film had they’re own take on why it bombed. Wake up it bombed because it was awful and painful to watch
Administration
0 likes
Quote by gillianleeza
The 1998 remake of Psycho with Vince Vaughan and Anne Heche.
What were they thinking? They used the same script almost verbatim. It did not work. The casting choices were odd, even though they are all good actors it came across as forced. Another remake that I ended up laughing at.

This! Also...

They are two of my favorite movies so these remakes make me ranty. I know it's not normal for a movie to make you mad, but they both do. Probably Psycho more than Halloween, but barely. They took the heart of them.

Psycho, Norman Bates was slight and unassuming. You never would have been afraid of him. I'm sorry, Vince Vaughan is not a slight man and he is intimidating. Whoever thought he could pull off unassuming is insane. There is more, but I'll go to the next.

What makes Halloween so scary and hands down on the best horror movies is that Michael Myers is born twisted. He had a good home life, two loving parents and an older sister. There was no reason for him to have snapped, but he did. The remake has Michael Myers a product of his environment. They are poor, neglected, and abused by his drunken stepdad. Eventually, he snaps.

Being born a monster is far more frightening than being made.
Administration
0 likes

So many of my friends loved this and I was forced to see it multiple times.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

A friend and I surprisingly enjoyed the first one (though it didn't hold up at all after about 4 or 5 years later) and we were looking forward to the second. Came out of the theater looking at each other unable to admit to ourselves that we just wasted $7. Terrible acting, story and fx and worst of all, terrible fight scenes in a fighting movie.
Hey! I write!

If you're into Twilight Zone, read this: [url=https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/flash-fiction/-that-orange-feeling-.aspx][color=orange]That Orange Feeling
[/url]
If you're feeling naughty, read this: [url=https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/micro-fiction/twas-the-night-after-christmas.aspx][color=green]Twas the Night After Christmas[/url]
If you're into tear jerkers, read this: A Hundred Breaths

Thank you!
Crazy old ape
0 likes
So way back in my youth, this came out:

And my friends and I thought an alien invasion movie starring Robert Vaughn and Christopher Lee might be at least entertaining.

Yeah, right. Even Lee, who has probably saved more bad movies than Sean Connery, as the alien captain couldn't save this turkey. Definitely a "chequebook" role for the two leads. And probably a tax break for the producers since this was made in Canada during the years when tax incentives turned Canada into B-movie heaven (to be fair, that environment also got David Cronenberg's career started so it wasn't all bad).

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Administration
0 likes

This movie annoys me so much that I get mad if someone suggests we watch it. The humor in it is not my cup of tea.