Find your next favourite story now
Login

Most Memorable Movie Scenes That have Stayed with You Always?

last reply
46 replies
8.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Okay this one need to name the movie year and can post clips or photos with quotes for the most memorable movie scenes you've seen. (And I know the Self Appointed Saints and Critics will love to hammer me for making forum threads as they have in the past, but tooo bad!)

You can always come back, but you can’t come back all the way.
- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
100 Years at the Movies: A celebration of the first hundred years. A very cool highlight of the first 100 years of film (1894-1994). Pre-Matrix and digital filmmaking. Which belongs here, (and includes a clip from the FIRST Music video Bob Dylan made doing Subterranean Homesick Blues).

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On The Waterfront (1954): Brando is being taken to be rubbed out by his brother for speaking out against a corrupt union boss in New York where he gives this speech a wonderful movie moment.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Blade Runner (1982): Rutger Hauer's unbelievable AD-LIBBED Monologue as Roy Batty in the closing of the film. Batty has seen wonderful things with them which have moved him and come to form him as a person. It's not what we look like, our mannerisms, the colour of our skin that defines us, it's what we see and do that makes us who we are as people. That's a pretty poignant message when you think about it.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964): Stanley Kubrick's Black Comedy Masterpiece dealing with a renegade Air Force General deploying through a back door mechanism a nuclear attack on the Soviet Union without the knowledge of his superiors. In this scene Slim Pickens rides a bomb down on target and Steve Buscemi paid homage to this scene in Armageddon in 1998.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dr. No (1962): Sean Connery introduces himself very cooly and suavely as James Bond for the first time, (Considered the best Bond with Pierce Brosnan in second place).

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Rollerball (1975): In a futuristic society where corporations have replaced countries, the violent game of Rollerball is used to control the populace by demonstrating the futility of individuality. However, one player, Jonathan E., rises to the top, fights for his personal freedom, and threatens the corporate control.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Casablanca (1942): In World War II Casablanca, Rick Blaine, exiled American and former freedom fighter, runs the most popular nightspot in town. Until his former flame comes in and Rick suddenly recalls their time together.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Reservoir Dogs (1992): In this scene a diamond job goes bad and Michael Madsen brings a cop out of the trunk of his car. And decides to torture the cop named Marvin. Set to the music of Stealer's Wheel's Stuck In The Middle With You, Madsen starts with a little dance carrying a straight razor and proceeds to torture and mutilate the cop. It's not the goriest scene in movie history, it's not the most violent, it's not the most bloody, but holy shit, It's definitely the most disturbing! I can't listen to the song without seeing this scene.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Creator (1985): Dr. Harry Wolper is a character. First he steals Boris, a new student assistant by promising him a co-ed's phone number. Then he hijacks new high tech equipment for his own research, confusing the other university researchers who can't see "the big picture." Harry has a plan, he wants to clone his dead wife. And in this scene Harry says goodbye to his wife for the last time. Very poignant and always brings a tear to my eye.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The 13th Warrior: A Beowulf type story and this scene is the prayers said before the final battle.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Glory Road: When Kentucky is on the ropes in the 1966 NCAA Final what Coach Haskins of Texas Western (now UTEP), tells his team.

- Bob Dylan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Shrimp on the Barbie: Carlos (Cheech Marin) is paid $5,000 if he convinces Alex's (Emma Samms) parents that they would rather she marry anyone/her boyfriend then annoying Carlos. With Carlos and Alex pretending they are to be married, Alex's parents throwing a party for the rich and wealthy friends and family as a sort of engagement party. Carlos disrupts the calm and serene of the party by singing as obnoxiously as possible. This scene was hilarious

- Bob Dylan
Lurker
0 likes
Bladerunner - the scene where they are on approach to the Tyrell Corporation with the Vangeli soundtrack in the background.
https://youtu.be/GDjhaZAgvCM
Lurker
0 likes
Bladerunner - the scene where they are on approach to the Tyrell Corporation with the Vangeli soundtrack in the background.
https://youtu.be/GDjhaZAgvCM
Lurker
0 likes
The "Restaurant Scene" with DeNiro and Pacino squaring off----"Heat"
Lurker
0 likes
We were soldiers - The battle scenes in the movie are amazing specially of second day. Also the last scene in the movie when the Vietnamese commander comes down to the valley after troops from the valley are air lifted.
Lurker
0 likes
I watched this movie when I was a child and I was impressed and sad.

Lurker
0 likes
The lake scene from the movie, 'The notebook'.
Lurker
0 likes
Double post
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
Believe it or not, the scene from the Railway Children where Bobbie (Jenny Agutter) runs along Oakworth platform shouting, "Daddy, my Daddy!"
I have seen the film so many times over the past 48 years and it still brings a lump to my throat.

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

0 likes
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: The scene at the war cemetery towards the end where they have the shootout. The looks they give specially Taco and the background music.

just awesome. must have seen it 1000 times already
Chasing Dragons
0 likes
The Corsican Brothers starring Cheech and Chong. This scene is really gross so don't watch it if you have a weak disposition but it has had me in stitches ever since the first time I saw it some thirty years ago.

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Crazy old ape
0 likes
The ending of the Quiet Earth

The final trench run in Star Wars (aka Star Wars Ep. IV : A New Hope)

The mother ship looming over Devil's Tower at the climax of Close Encounters of the Third Kind

And the best scene in all of the Star Wars universe:

Vader: If only you knew the power of the Dark Side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!
Vader: No, I am your father.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
This scene from Batman Begins always comes to mind when I'm writing a heroic character, particulary if they don't have super powers.