Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Riddle me this Options · View
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 7:47:14 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,839
Location: In the Void, United States
I always loved a good riddle and always thought of making a game out of this.

So I shall start with the riddle of all time:
What goes up the hill on 4 legs, stands on the hill with 2 legs and goes down the hill on 3 legs?

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 9:11:02 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
Rebellious_Soul wrote:
I always loved a good riddle and always thought of making a game out of this.

So I shall start with the riddle of all time:
What goes up the hill on 4 legs, stands on the hill with 2 legs and goes down the hill on 3 legs?



A person


The beginning of eternity,
The end of time and space,
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 11:59:13 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
Circle :p
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:00:44 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
intellect wrote:
Circle :p

That's wrong hun
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:14:18 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
fewniks wrote:


A person


The beginning of eternity,
The end of time and space,
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.


Letter E

A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis:
The Wife said she was sleeping.
The Cook was cooking breakfast.
The Gardener was picking vegetables.
The Maid was getting the mail.
The Butler was cleaning the closet.

The police instantly arrested the murdered. Who did it and how did they know?
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:19:28 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
Entangled_Fate wrote:
fewniks wrote:


A person


The beginning of eternity,
The end of time and space,
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.


Letter E

A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis:
The Wife said she was sleeping.
The Cook was cooking breakfast.
The Gardener was picking vegetables.
The Maid was getting the mail.
The Butler was cleaning the closet.

The police instantly arrested the murdered. Who did it and how did they know?



Arrested the murdered?Lol was that mistake ?
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:23:17 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
intellect wrote:
Entangled_Fate wrote:
fewniks wrote:


A person


The beginning of eternity,
The end of time and space,
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.


Letter E

A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis:
The Wife said she was sleeping.
The Cook was cooking breakfast.
The Gardener was picking vegetables.
The Maid was getting the mail.
The Butler was cleaning the closet.

The police instantly arrested the murdered. Who did it and how did they know?


Arrested the murdered?Lol was that mistake ?


Nope not at all
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:28:04 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
Entangled_Fate wrote:
fewniks wrote:


A person


The beginning of eternity,
The end of time and space,
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.


Letter E

A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis:
The Wife said she was sleeping.
The Cook was cooking breakfast.
The Gardener was picking vegetables.
The Maid was getting the mail.
The Butler was cleaning the closet.

The police instantly arrested the murdered. Who did it and how did they know?


It's maid, since you won't get mail on Sundays and she is lying
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:46:28 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
Well no murder happened :p
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:50:25 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
(A2345678910JQKA2345678910)times by two what does this pattern represent?
paulus
Posted: Sunday, February 8, 2015 12:56:16 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
fewniks wrote:
Entangled_Fate wrote:
fewniks wrote:


A person


The beginning of eternity,
The end of time and space,
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.


Letter E

A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis:
The Wife said she was sleeping.
The Cook was cooking breakfast.
The Gardener was picking vegetables.
The Maid was getting the mail.
The Butler was cleaning the closet.

The police instantly arrested the murdered. Who did it and how did they know?


It's maid, since you won't get mail on Sundays and she is lying

If the murdereD was arrested, he obviously was not murdered. That means he played dead and was arrested for something related to that.

forgive me, I can't think of a good riddle (that's suitable for this forum anyway)

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 2:32:47 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
A man rides into town on Friday. He stays for two nights, then leaves on Friday. How is this possible?
gypsy
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 3:31:45 AM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 10/13/2010
Posts: 1,625
AriesDragon wrote:
A man rides into town on Friday. He stays for two nights, then leaves on Friday. How is this possible?


He rides on a horse named Friday.

What starts with the letter “t”, is filled with “t” and ends in “t”?



The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius



Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 3:52:46 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,839
Location: In the Void, United States
Teapot!

What breaks but never falls and what falls but never breaks?

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 11:17:43 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
Night and Day

What three letter English word has an odd start, an even finish and an infinitely long middle?
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 11:55:34 AM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 3,074
Location: Only my friends know...
Vex?

What is black and white, black and white, black and white, then dizzy?

Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 11:57:10 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,839
Location: In the Void, United States
AriesDragon wrote:
Night and Day

What three letter English word has an odd start, an even finish and an infinitely long middle?


vow?

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 12:05:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,839
Location: In the Void, United States
Dreamcatcher wrote:
Vex?

What is black and white, black and white, black and white, then dizzy?


A herd of Zebra?

What is black and white and red all over.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
gypsy
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 12:19:59 PM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 10/13/2010
Posts: 1,625
Rebellious_Soul wrote:
Dreamcatcher wrote:
Vex?

What is black and white, black and white, black and white, then dizzy?


A herd of Zebra?

What is black and white and red all over.


A newspaper.

Sorry, no new riddle from me right now, but it seems there are a few unresolved ones anyway.



The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius



Guest
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 12:41:13 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
AriesDragon wrote:
Night and Day

What three letter English word has an odd start, an even finish and an infinitely long middle?


Dreamcatcher is correct. the answer is VEX... “V” is Roman numeral 5, which is odd. “X” is Roman numeral 10, which is even. “E” is the base of the natural logarithm and is irrational (e = 2.718281828…). Its mantissa (the part to the right of the decimal point) is infinitely long


Two bodies have I, though both joined in one; the longer I stand the quicker I run. What am I?
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 12:57:52 PM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 3,074
Location: Only my friends know...
Dreamcatcher wrote:
Vex?

What is black and white, black and white, black and white, then dizzy?


A penguin rolling downhill...

Dreamcatcher
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 1:00:46 PM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 3,074
Location: Only my friends know...
AriesDragon wrote:
AriesDragon wrote:
Night and Day

What three letter English word has an odd start, an even finish and an infinitely long middle?


Dreamcatcher is correct. the answer is VEX... “V” is Roman numeral 5, which is odd. “X” is Roman numeral 10, which is even. “E” is the base of the natural logarithm and is irrational (e = 2.718281828…). Its mantissa (the part to the right of the decimal point) is infinitely long


Two bodies have I, though both joined in one; the longer I stand the quicker I run. What am I?



hahaha.. good one.. an hourglass?

What has a foot but no legs..

Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 1:15:50 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,839
Location: In the Void, United States
A ruler

Little ms twitchet had one eye.
And a long tail she let fly.
And each time she flew through a gap,
A bit of her tail fell into the trap.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 5:53:39 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
A needle and thread

I never was, am always to be, no one ever saw me, nor ever will and yet I am the confidence of all to live and breathe on this terrestrial ball
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 10:09:56 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
Entangled_Fate wrote:


I never was, am always to be, no one ever saw me, nor ever will and yet I am the confidence of all to live and breathe on this terrestrial ball


Tomorrow


What goes through a door but never goes in and never comes out?
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 10:20:02 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
Keyhole

Throughout history there have been thousands of well-documented cases of horses jumping over towers and landing on clergy and small men forcing their removal. What am I?
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 10:26:36 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
a chess game

It is a part of us, and then replaced.
It escapes our bodies to a better place.
The world becomes its sizable home.
Its passions unrestrained, the planet it roams.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:58:57 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 25,634
Water

1.The word has seven letters...
2. Preceded God...
3. Greater than God...
4. More Evil than the devil...
5. All poor people have it...
6. Wealthy people need it...
7. If you eat it you will die.
gypsy
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 5:14:09 AM

Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 10/13/2010
Posts: 1,625
Entangled_Fate wrote:
Water

1.The word has seven letters...
2. Preceded God...
3. Greater than God...
4. More Evil than the devil...
5. All poor people have it...
6. Wealthy people need it...
7. If you eat it you will die.


Nothing

As I was going to St Ives,
I met a man with seven wives,
The seven wives had seven cats,
The seven cats had seven kits.

How many were going to St Ives?



The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius



Blue
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 5:43:02 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/21/2012
Posts: 768
gypsy wrote:
Entangled_Fate wrote:
Water

1.The word has seven letters...
2. Preceded God...
3. Greater than God...
4. More Evil than the devil...
5. All poor people have it...
6. Wealthy people need it...
7. If you eat it you will die.


Nothing

As I was going to St Ives,
I met a man with seven wives,
The seven wives had seven cats,
The seven cats had seven kits.

How many were going to St Ives?


Answer: One

From the beginning of eternity
To the end of time and space
To the beginning of every end
And the end of every place.
What am I?
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.