What Nice Thing Did You Do Today?

last reply
139 replies
22.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Go on, blow your own trumpet and tell the forum about just how nice you've been today.

Did you help an old lady across a busy road?

Did you get your neighbour's shopping for them?

Did you take someone to thier doctor/hospital/dental appoinment?

Or did you just say something nice to cheer-up someone who was feeling a little down?

Go on, tell us about it
Lurker
0 likes
I help my dad out around his place and spent some father-son-time with him :P
Lurker
0 likes
Leaving home this morning, I found a hedgehog in front of the gate, on my driveway. He looked like he was dead, but then his little chest rose up and his eyelids flickered. He is now snuggled on a soft towel, in a dark box. I phoned the vet (my mum) and asked what I should do. I suspect my dogs may have had a go at him but there are no visible marks or punctures. I have syringed a couple of drops of water into his mouth and hope for the best. He is very lethargic and hasn't even curled himself up in a ball. I don't think he will make it, but at least he will pass away in a quiet comfortable place, without dogs sniffing him or the crows pecking at him. It is a him, by the way. :-(
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by AriesDragon
Leaving home this morning, I found a hedgehog in front of the gate, on my driveway. He looked like he was dead, but then his little chest rose up and his eyelids flickered. He is now snuggled on a soft towel, in a dark box. I phoned the vet (my mum) and asked what I should do. I suspect my dogs may have had a go at him but there are no visible marks or punctures. I have syringed a couple of drops of water into his mouth and hope for the best. He is very lethargic and hasn't even curled himself up in a ball. I don't think he will make it, but at least he will pass away in a quiet comfortable place, without dogs sniffing him or the crows pecking at him. It is a him, by the way. :-(

Bless you!

Do you have an update?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by authorised1960
Quote by AriesDragon

Bless you!

Do you have an update?

that is so wonderful of you Andy. keep me informed please
also what does ozzue say do about him hehe
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by authorised1960
Quote by AriesDragon

Bless you!

Do you have an update?

He died. We buried him in the pets graveyard in our garden. :-(
Forum Facilitator
0 likes
A beautiful ending for nature's child.. to rest with others peacefully.. thank you for doing that Vee..
Lurker
0 likes
We had some snow (just!) that had frozen overnight, which left the footpaths around my neigbourhood slippery and very dangerous. I few hours ago I spread rock-salt on several of the paths - in particular a quite steep rise that was lethal to negotiate - in a bid to make life easier for everybody.

I do try to be a good neighbour
Lurker
0 likes
I let a friend win at bowling :P
Lurker
0 likes
Let people talk down on me, so they can feel better about themselves
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Entangled_Fate

Damn, you shouldn't do that little lady. Hell, you get yourself back in that there kitchen and rustle up something good to eat, like a good little girly!

Hell, NOBODY deserves to be spoken down to by anybody, no matter who they are or who who they think they are.

As like to remind pompous prigs to deflate their swollen ego: we all use the toilet the same way...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I kept my mouth shut when person talk bad to me. I smile threw tears and told them I was sorry.
then went home and cried like baby.
I wanted to tell them the truth and make them see
but I didn't want them to feel bad....
0 likes
I let it go. And not cause a scene. I won't react even though i know it is wrong. No adding to the drama, no matter how much I want to say you're one to talk.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Entangled_Fate
You may have changed that avatar, but you still put yourself beneath people. You say it's nice to let people talk you down, but I disagree, totally. First of all, and its not the first time I tell you this, you do NOT belong down there. Second, you basically give them the message, that it's okay to downtalk people, particularly you. It is not, not to you, not to anybody.

Do me, and yourself, a favor, never allow yourself to be degraded by anyone, and never give anyone the message, it is okay to do so.
If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by maryruth
I kept my mouth shut when person talk bad to me. I smile threw tears and told them I was sorry.
then went home and cried like baby.
I wanted to tell them the truth and make them see
but I didn't want them to feel bad....

Mer, I just wrote an entry here in response to something Justine wrote. Read it. What I say there goes for you too.
If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by paulus
Quote by Entangled_Fate
You may have changed that avatar, but you still put yourself beneath people. You say it's nice to let people talk you down, but I disagree, totally. First of all, and its not the first time I tell you this, you do NOT belong down there. Second, you basically give them the message, that it's okay to downtalk people, particularly you. It is not, not to you, not to anybody.

Do me, and yourself, a favor, never allow yourself to be degraded by anyone, and never give anyone the message, it is okay to do so.

Alright, I will
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Entangled_Fate
Quote by paulus
Quote by Entangled_Fate

Alright, I will

I fully agree with everything Paul said.

You are a unique and special person. NOBODY has the right to tell you any different or to make you feel bad.

Tell them to go to hell!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I kept my cool while all around were losing theirs....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I threw the leftover bread out into the garden to feed the birds
Lurker
0 likes
woke up
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ajax
woke up

Thank god he said that! For a moment, I was going to feel inadequate saying I let a car pull in front of me in backed-up traffic.

Thanks, Ajax!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Think I helped to cheer up someone very dear to me xx
Lurker
0 likes
I accepted an apology made them a cup of tea
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I rubbed my wife's feet because they were swollen.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
finally fell asleep
Lurker
0 likes
Posted on Ginger's wall
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been super nice today... I'm bursting with niceness, in fact... and now I'm going to blow my own trumpet!
I provided cakes and brownies for the bake sale at school, Gave a lift to one of the teachers, agreed to take on more tasks at school (the lazy woman who should have done them, hasn't) I anonymously paid for the shopping a woman behind me in the supermarket. I saw she was mentally tallying up the meager amount, with a worried look on her face.
And I'm only halfway through the day!
Okay... trumpet blowing over... :-)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I slept in late. Being out of the way in this morning is a plus to so many people. If I slept all the time I could raise the quality of life for lots of people.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.