Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What Nice Thing Did You Do Today? Options · View
Guest
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2015 3:19:31 PM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
Go on, blow your own trumpet and tell the forum about just how nice you've been today.

Did you help an old lady across a busy road?

Did you get your neighbour's shopping for them?

Did you take someone to thier doctor/hospital/dental appoinment?

Or did you just say something nice to cheer-up someone who was feeling a little down?

Go on, tell us about it director icon_smile



Guest
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2015 3:20:44 PM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
I help my dad out around his place and spent some father-son-time with him :P
Guest
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2015 10:37:52 PM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
Leaving home this morning, I found a hedgehog in front of the gate, on my driveway. He looked like he was dead, but then his little chest rose up and his eyelids flickered. He is now snuggled on a soft towel, in a dark box. I phoned the vet (my mum) and asked what I should do. I suspect my dogs may have had a go at him but there are no visible marks or punctures. I have syringed a couple of drops of water into his mouth and hope for the best. He is very lethargic and hasn't even curled himself up in a ball. I don't think he will make it, but at least he will pass away in a quiet comfortable place, without dogs sniffing him or the crows pecking at him. It is a him, by the way. :-(
Guest
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 8:47:38 AM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
AriesDragon wrote:
Leaving home this morning, I found a hedgehog in front of the gate, on my driveway. He looked like he was dead, but then his little chest rose up and his eyelids flickered. He is now snuggled on a soft towel, in a dark box. I phoned the vet (my mum) and asked what I should do. I suspect my dogs may have had a go at him but there are no visible marks or punctures. I have syringed a couple of drops of water into his mouth and hope for the best. He is very lethargic and hasn't even curled himself up in a ball. I don't think he will make it, but at least he will pass away in a quiet comfortable place, without dogs sniffing him or the crows pecking at him. It is a him, by the way. :-(


Bless you!

Do you have an update?
maryruth
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 9:37:04 AM
maryruth
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/3/2014
Posts: 736
authorised1960 wrote:
AriesDragon wrote:
Leaving home this morning, I found a hedgehog in front of the gate, on my driveway. He looked like he was dead, but then his little chest rose up and his eyelids flickered. He is now snuggled on a soft towel, in a dark box. I phoned the vet (my mum) and asked what I should do. I suspect my dogs may have had a go at him but there are no visible marks or punctures. I have syringed a couple of drops of water into his mouth and hope for the best. He is very lethargic and hasn't even curled himself up in a ball. I don't think he will make it, but at least he will pass away in a quiet comfortable place, without dogs sniffing him or the crows pecking at him. It is a him, by the way. :-(


Bless you!

Do you have an update?


that is so wonderful of you Andy. keep me informed please
also what does ozzue say do about him hehe
Guest
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 12:27:17 PM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
authorised1960 wrote:
AriesDragon wrote:
Leaving home this morning, I found a hedgehog in front of the gate, on my driveway. He looked like he was dead, but then his little chest rose up and his eyelids flickered. He is now snuggled on a soft towel, in a dark box. I phoned the vet (my mum) and asked what I should do. I suspect my dogs may have had a go at him but there are no visible marks or punctures. I have syringed a couple of drops of water into his mouth and hope for the best. He is very lethargic and hasn't even curled himself up in a ball. I don't think he will make it, but at least he will pass away in a quiet comfortable place, without dogs sniffing him or the crows pecking at him. It is a him, by the way. :-(


Bless you!

Do you have an update?




He died. We buried him in the pets graveyard in our garden. :-(
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:34:09 PM
Dreamcatcher
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 3,139
Location: Only my friends know...
A beautiful ending for nature's child.. to rest with others peacefully.. thank you for doing that Vee..

Guest
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 5:34:50 AM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
We had some snow (just!) that had frozen overnight, which left the footpaths around my neigbourhood slippery and very dangerous. I few hours ago I spread rock-salt on several of the paths - in particular a quite steep rise that was lethal to negotiate - in a bid to make life easier for everybody.

I do try to be a good neighbour icon_smile
Guest
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 3:23:18 PM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
I let a friend win at bowling :P
Guest
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 7:24:46 PM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
Let people talk down on me, so they can feel better about themselves
Guest
Posted: Sunday, February 1, 2015 9:54:33 AM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
Entangled_Fate wrote:
Let people talk down on me, so they can feel better about themselves


Damn, you shouldn't do that little lady. Hell, you get yourself back in that there kitchen and rustle up something good to eat, like a good little girly! icon_biggrin

Hell, NOBODY deserves to be spoken down to by anybody, no matter who they are or who who they think they are.

As like to remind pompous prigs to deflate their swollen ego: we all use the toilet the same way...
maryruth
Posted: Sunday, February 1, 2015 12:12:47 PM
maryruth
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/3/2014
Posts: 736
I kept my mouth shut when person talk bad to me. I smile threw tears and told them I was sorry.
then went home and cried like baby.
I wanted to tell them the truth and make them see
but I didn't want them to feel bad....
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Sunday, February 1, 2015 1:02:19 PM
Rebellious_Soul
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States
I let it go. And not cause a scene. I won't react even though i know it is wrong. No adding to the drama, no matter how much I want to say you're one to talk.

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
paulus
Posted: Sunday, February 1, 2015 2:54:19 PM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
Entangled_Fate wrote:
Let people talk down on me, so they can feel better about themselves
You may have changed that avatar, but you still put yourself beneath people. You say it's nice to let people talk you down, but I disagree, totally. First of all, and its not the first time I tell you this, you do NOT belong down there. Second, you basically give them the message, that it's okay to downtalk people, particularly you. It is not, not to you, not to anybody.

Do me, and yourself, a favor, never allow yourself to be degraded by anyone, and never give anyone the message, it is okay to do so.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
paulus
Posted: Sunday, February 1, 2015 2:55:55 PM
paulus
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/3/2013
Posts: 2,131
Location: kalkar
maryruth wrote:
I kept my mouth shut when person talk bad to me. I smile threw tears and told them I was sorry.
then went home and cried like baby.
I wanted to tell them the truth and make them see
but I didn't want them to feel bad....

Mer, I just wrote an entry here in response to something Justine wrote. Read it. What I say there goes for you too.

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2015 7:14:54 AM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
paulus wrote:
Entangled_Fate wrote:
Let people talk down on me, so they can feel better about themselves
You may have changed that avatar, but you still put yourself beneath people. You say it's nice to let people talk you down, but I disagree, totally. First of all, and its not the first time I tell you this, you do NOT belong down there. Second, you basically give them the message, that it's okay to downtalk people, particularly you. It is not, not to you, not to anybody.

Do me, and yourself, a favor, never allow yourself to be degraded by anyone, and never give anyone the message, it is okay to do so.


Alright, I will
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2015 8:11:46 AM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
Entangled_Fate wrote:
paulus wrote:
Entangled_Fate wrote:
Let people talk down on me, so they can feel better about themselves
You may have changed that avatar, but you still put yourself beneath people. You say it's nice to let people talk you down, but I disagree, totally. First of all, and its not the first time I tell you this, you do NOT belong down there. Second, you basically give them the message, that it's okay to downtalk people, particularly you. It is not, not to you, not to anybody.

Do me, and yourself, a favor, never allow yourself to be degraded by anyone, and never give anyone the message, it is okay to do so.


Alright, I will


I fully agree with everything Paul said.

You are a unique and special person. NOBODY has the right to tell you any different or to make you feel bad.

Tell them to go to hell!!!

Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2015 11:09:42 AM
Rebellious_Soul
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/27/2012
Posts: 4,840
Location: In the Void, United States


Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Dreamcatcher
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2015 11:51:45 AM
Dreamcatcher
Rank: Forum Facilitator

Joined: 3/15/2011
Posts: 3,139
Location: Only my friends know...


Guest
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 1:52:31 AM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022


I kept my cool while all around were losing theirs....
Kiera
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 7:07:57 AM
Kiera
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/29/2015
Posts: 506
Location: Sipping Tea, United Kingdom
I threw the leftover bread out into the garden to feed the birds Whistle
Guest
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2015 1:51:27 PM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
woke up icon_biggrin
TaliaRussell
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 10:21:56 PM
TaliaRussell
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/15/2015
Posts: 1,350
Location: Pacific Time, United States
Ajax wrote:
woke up icon_biggrin


Thank god he said that! For a moment, I was going to feel inadequate saying I let a car pull in front of me in backed-up traffic.

Thanks, Ajax!hello1
JWren
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 8:17:50 AM
JWren
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/24/2015
Posts: 2,225
Think I helped to cheer up someone very dear to me xx

Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2015 8:05:32 AM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022

I accepted an apology made them a cup of tea glasses8
rolandlytle
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:00:30 PM
rolandlytle
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1,699
Location: Chicago area, United States
I rubbed my wife's feet because they were swollen.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
ginger86
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 7:51:23 PM
ginger86
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/29/2015
Posts: 2,540
Location: on my computer, United States
finally fell asleep

Guest
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2015 1:20:35 PM
Guest
Rank: Lurker

Joined: 7/1/2010
Posts: 26,022
Posted on Ginger's wall
AriesDragon
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 2:54:04 AM
AriesDragon
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/10/2015
Posts: 988
I've been super nice today... I'm bursting with niceness, in fact... and now I'm going to blow my own trumpet!
I provided cakes and brownies for the bake sale at school, Gave a lift to one of the teachers, agreed to take on more tasks at school (the lazy woman who should have done them, hasn't) I anonymously paid for the shopping a woman behind me in the supermarket. I saw she was mentally tallying up the meager amount, with a worried look on her face.
And I'm only halfway through the day!
Okay... trumpet blowing over... :-)
rolandlytle
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 5:26:36 AM
rolandlytle
Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1,699
Location: Chicago area, United States
I slept in late. Being out of the way in this morning is a plus to so many people. If I slept all the time I could raise the quality of life for lots of people.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.