Find your next favourite story now
Login

What do you think of this? I think it's pitiful actually...

last reply
5 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rest in Peace
0 likes
I think I can mention Poetry Craze here, as I would not really call it a competitor of Stories Space...it's poems only, and really not a very well-designed site...though the poems get more views than any other poetry site I can think of offhand...

I happened to be over there this morning because I was looking for poems to post in a new poetry group I had just joined recently on Facebook when I noticed something which is actually a bit disturbing now that I think about it...

This is what I posted on my Facebook "wall"...the poem mentioned is right here on Stories Space...in its full, unedited glory I might add...

Oh Lordy!!! They took the piss out of my poem!!! This poem is not all it seems...while looking for poems to post in a new poetry group here on FB, I noticed that Poetry Craze has been editing my poems..."cleaning them up" shall we say...this is just one example...believe me, there are more...smile
Life Is What It Seems
http://exakta66.poetrycraze.com/life_is_what_it_seems-12061.html

There are other examples...I haven't gone through all my poems there, but I'm sure they "edited" quite a few...I have a number of poems over there that I can't post here because they fall into the "erotic" category...or, as they call them on Poetry Craze..."Passion Poems"...

What do you people think? Do you think it's right that they're "editing" people's poems in this fashion?

I'm almost tempted to write them and pull off all my poems...except I get a lot of views over there, and my poems do pretty well there actually...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Administration
0 likes
It does depend on what the site's policy is. If the right to edit your work without your consent is in the fine print that most of us never read when signing up, then they have the right to do that. Although I feel that if someone feels a need to edit your work, then the least they can do is notify you.

Personally I would pull all of my work off a site like that, but that is just me. The views and the votes aren't that important to me, I wouldn't want to be on a site where the powers that be has so little integrity.

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't see the point in censoring the word. If they find the word offensive the poem either should be returned to you with the option to replace it with something they find acceptable, or returned to you with a note that it's not suitable for their site.

It's surprising that they accept erotic poetry but they won't accept one containing an "offensive" word.
Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Lisa

It's surprising that they accept erotic poetry but they won't accept one containing an "offensive" word.

It's funny too what words they find "offensive" and have removed...so far "ass"..."whore" and "piss" among others they seem to find offensive...

I was sort of hoping that people here would join me in sending in complaints, in the hope that things could go back to the way they were, but it seems most people just want to remove their stuff...

I really didn't want to stop posting on the site, because it does get a lot of views...oh well...

Administration
0 likes
I will log a complaint, if that helps...

“Many people hear voices when no one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing.”

Rest in Peace
0 likes
Quote by Sherzahd
I will log a complaint, if that helps...

I think it would be the best course of action...I just hate to have to lose a site where my poems regularly get thousands of views, and tend to do fairly well...

I have to say my poem "Neon Sign" has more views here than on Poetry Craze, but that is an exception...

For some reason, that poem has taken on a life of its own here...