Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Ask and Answer Options · View
Circle_Something
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 6:27:59 AM

Just be grateful you get to see her, some people's loved ones are on the other side of the earth.

This town is only big enough for one Kitty. One of us has to go... It sure as hell ain't gonna be me. Who am I fighting, and who wins?

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

Humorous guide & Recommended Read =^.^= How To Make a Cup of Tea
A flash fiction series :) A Random Moment in Time
A love poem <3 Kitty & Kitten
Editors' Pick! :D I Am The Deep, Dark Woods
And another EP!: The Fragility of Age
=^.^= <3 ^.^

gypsy
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 8:10:32 AM

You're up against Elizabeth Taylor as Maggie in Cat on a Hit Tin Roof. I'm not even going near a prediction as to which one of you wins.

If you were casting a modern remake of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, who would play Maggie, who would play Brick?

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Ghostreader
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 12:43:09 PM

Never seen it. So Rebs with be Maggie and you will be Brick

Why does little kids love the beach for?
Fewniks
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 11:32:51 PM

Games they could play in water, the sand, carefree (mom wont be screaming on them)

what is the first thing comes to your mind when you see your love ?

"Life is What you make of it "
Ghostreader
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:17:48 AM

OMG Did I die and went to heavenly?

Have you ever want to be a kid for a day?
Fewniks
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:48:32 AM

yes i wanted to be. When i see kids playing without any tension of the future. when i see kids smiling, though there is lot going on in the world. when i see them getting anything they want just by crying.

I so want to be a kid again.

what is the latest movie you watched ? do you suggest that to others if yes, why? if no, why not ?

rolandlytle
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 5:33:21 AM

I saw 'Voices' on DVD. It was excellent. It had Ryan Reynolds, Gemma Arterton and Anna Kendrick in it. It hit a strange balance of funny and morbid. Few movies have been able to do that. There were times I was laughing like crazy and other times I cringed from a disturbing scene. Did I mention it has a talking dog and cat? The DVD is about $13-15 USD or you can rent it. It is well worth two hours of you time.

What is the best TV show that is no longer around that you wish would return?

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Ghostreader
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:24:57 AM

Let's see.... I have three tv shows. Are you afeard of the dark? (A kiddie show), The X-files, and Unsolved Mystery.

Do you remember a tv. show that you love to watch over, and over again?
gypsy
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 11:57:44 AM

No. I don't have a TV and haven't had one for many years.

Do you have eye glasses?

The subject who is truly loyal to the Chief Magistrate will neither advise nor submit to arbitrary measures. Junius

Ghostreader
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:32:31 PM

Nope, not yet anyways. Maybe in the next 30 years maybe

Do you like to lay outside when it's nice out?
Circle_Something
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 12:29:26 AM

Tricky question, that. Yes and no, would be the answer. Yes because it's nice, on occasion. No because I overheat easily (hey, I'm Scottish! We don't get much sun!).

If you've just been maliked, what has happened? (No cheating! Google* is NOT your friend here.)

*Other search engines are available.

Ghosts, flamingos, guitars and vodka. Don't forget Kitty and Kitten. Eclectic subjects, eccentric stories:

=^.^= <3 ^.^

gypsy
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:15:32 AM

Circle_Something wrote:
Tricky question, that. Yes and no, would be the answer. Yes because it's nice, on occasion. No because I overheat easily (hey, I'm Scottish! We don't get much sun!).

If you've just been maliked, what has happened? (No cheating! Google* is NOT your friend here.)

Without a search engine, it means I've been hit with an unexpected, not previously announced visit from some relatives, who go by the name of Malik.

Of course, that might not be what you mean.

Have you ever had relatives arrive for a surprise visit - as in, hello! We're here to stay with you, aren't you happy?

help

yes, I have help

Ghostreader
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:16:21 PM

Depends on who it is :P

Would you have some pizza with me tonight?
AriesDragon
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:21:25 PM

nope. Cealiacs can't eat pizza, unfortunatly

Do you enjoy flavoured Vodka?
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:56:46 PM

Not particularly. Plain vodka with pure orange juice or cola preferably.

Who in the whole world would you like to spend this evening with (other than your partner!)
Ghostreader
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:56:22 PM

With Sugarbaby :$

Would you ask someone for coffee?
Circle_Something
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 11:43:46 PM

gypsy wrote:
Circle_Something wrote:

Without a search engine, it means I've been hit with an unexpected, not previously announced visit from some relatives, who go by the name of Malik.

Of course, that might not be what you mean.

Have you ever had relatives arrive for a surprise visit - as in, hello! We're here to stay with you, aren't you happy?

help

yes, I have help

Dang, I mistyped, that should have been malkied. Though, an unexpected visit from relatives by the name of Malik does sound pretty cool, just so long as they don't wanna stay. That happened to me, but it was cool because she was up here for a funeral, and who's gonna deny a grieving relative a bed?

Would I ask someone for coffee? That really depends on the context. Ask a friend? Sure. Ask a total stranger? Nope. Unless you mean would I ask anyone out for coffee, then that's totally different. You really should be more concise in your questioning.

Okay, let's try this again, without the typo: You've just been malkied, what has just happened? Again, no cheating, which means: No search engines, no books, no asking someone. Just say what you think it might be.

=^.^= <3 ^.^

magnificent1rascal
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 12:15:35 AM

I'm going to guess that being malkied means you were given bad directions.

Mal —> bad
Kie —> street (slang)

How far off is my answer?

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
Circle_Something
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:03:32 AM

magnificent1rascal wrote:

Pretty far off. It means to be headbutted. I've no idea how it came about, but I like to think that someone called Malky, or Malcolm, liked to stick the nut in people, so his name became synonymous with the term. I'd like to think that, but I'm probably way off.

Have you ever tried a pen, thinking it would be great, but were disappointed when it wasn't as good as you thought it would be?

=^.^= <3 ^.^

gypsy
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:30:34 AM

Circle_Something wrote:
magnificent1rascal wrote:

Pretty far off. It means to be headbutted. I've no idea how it came about, but I like to think that someone called Malky, or Malcolm, liked to stick the nut in people, so his name became synonymous with the term. I'd like to think that, but I'm probably way off.

Have you ever tried a pen, thinking it would be great, but were disappointed when it wasn't as good as you thought it would be?

Good try, Maggie. I was going to suggest malkie meant being invited to have a drink at the pub, then being tricked into paying for all the drinks, not being treated to it.

For the pen question, oh my goodness yes, I've had that problem. Being left handed, there are pens I cannot use, because the ink doesn't flow due to the angle at which I hold the pen. Roller ball pens are a particular sort that don't work for me.

Pens - good topic.

So here's another one.

Do you have a lot of pens, a favourite pen, a fountain pen, and also a mechanical pencil?

paulus
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:45:22 AM

I used to have a favorite pen, a parker jotter I got from my employer. Sadly, I lost it. Nowadays, I'm happy to find a pen that still holds ink, my kids seem to eat them..

Do you still frequently write, or has some form of typing become the standard?

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Ghostreader
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:22:26 PM

It's both, I write everything down on paper then type it on my computer afterwards

Have you ever watch a sunrise?
AriesDragon
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:30:28 PM

I do, often. Can't beat an African sunrise

Have you ever wanted to go to Africa, and if so, whereabouts?
paulus
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:58:27 PM

Of course I have. And where? Where daktari lived with that cross-eyes lion Clarence, where Jane Goodall worked with the chimpansees, where Diane Fossey lived among the gorillas, Masai Mara and so many more places. I probably would need an extra lifetime to see them all. I think I'll settle for the images and stories. Some dreams will be just that, dreams.

What place on earth is on the unfullfillable part of your wishlist?

If life seems jolly rotten
there's something you've forgotten
and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

from Monty Python's "Life of Brian"
Fewniks
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:36:08 PM

Umm i don't have wishlist to be frank, though there is one place i always wanted to go. After i met her, The place called "Mirpur", which cant be fulfilled now. That was my favorite place.

What is the best thing happened to you recently?

Fewniks
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:36:09 PM

Umm i don't have wishlist to be frank, though there is one place i always wanted to go. After i met her, The place called "Mirpur", which cant be fulfilled now. That was my favorite place.

What is the best thing happened to you recently?

gypsy
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:43:33 PM

After having been nearly run down twice, while on the sidewalk, by people riding their bicycles on it which they shouldn't be doing. Cyclists in this city act like they OWN the sidewalk and bully us pedestrians. I'm getting really fed up with it: there are bike lanes, people! So, I was really irritated.

Then two girls of about 15 stopped me outside a café and asked if I had 20 cents. They wanted to get a lemonade but were short that amount. I asked them a few questions, dug around in my purse, and gave them 50 cents because I didn't have a 20 coin. They were really excited, and thanked me, then rushed into the café.

That encounter with those two girls, really cheered me up. It's not a big thing, but counterbalanced what went before it.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Ghostreader
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 11:52:28 PM

Sleep in.

Do you enjoy watching the sunset with someone?
Circle_Something
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 12:59:55 AM

I have in the past, but as the person I want to watch it with is 4000 miles away, it's pretty difficult, even with Skype, getting a time where we're both either awake or not busy is quite a predicament sometimes.

What was the last big purchase you made? (Mine was a bass amp.)

=^.^= <3 ^.^

AriesDragon
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 1:27:55 AM

Equipment for a new business venture

What sort of business would you like to start?