Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A Message to Authors Options · View
Lisa
Posted: Sunday, August 8, 2010 3:15:37 PM

We have a rule of one story per author per day, so if you're bringing a collection of stories to storiesspace (which is wonderful and please keep posting them!) only one story will appear on site each day. This is to make it fair for all authors and give everyone's stories equal time on the front page.

Edit: To maintain proper sequencing of a series, stories MUST be submitted in the correct order.
courage2bfree
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:15:54 PM

I understand the reasoning behind your rule!

Love colours our worlds in endless dimensions and unifies all aspects of our activities. Just as sunlight filters through clouds and causes the grasses to turn gold so everything is interlinked in our world.
DirtyMartini
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:27:27 PM

courage2bfree wrote:
I understand the reasoning behind your rule!

Yeah, and if you've ever seen a site that doesn't have this rule...and you've seen ten stories in a row by the same author, you'd really appreciate it...it really works out better for the author to not have their stories all appear at once...

Just want to reiterate here...I think Lisa mentioned it somewhere in the forum before, but...if you submit multiple stories at once, there is no guarantee that they will appear on the front page in the order that you submit them...

So...if you want your stories to appear in a certain order, you're best to submit them one day at a time...

I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

magnificent1rascal
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:56:25 PM

DirtyMartini wrote:
Just want to reiterate here...I think Lisa mentioned it somewhere in the forum before, but...if you submit multiple stories at once, there is no guarantee that they will appear on the front page in the order that you submit them...

So...if you want your stories to appear in a certain order, you're best to submit them one day at a time...

Listen to you, sounding all mod-like and such. See, I told you you'd do great. Applause

Connect with Maggie

Like my Facebook fan pages: Maggie Rascal and M.P. WitwerFriend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maggierascalFollow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Maggie1Rascal
DirtyMartini
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:34:03 PM

magnificent1rascal wrote:

Listen to you, sounding all mod-like and such. See, I told you you'd do great. Applause

And they said it couldn't be done, those naysayers of little faith...

See what happens when you give somebody a badge? They just become a whole new person...happy8

I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

adele
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:27:52 AM

NOOOO, I like you just the way you were!!!!

We don't know how much we don't know.
bri54
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 10:32:02 AM

Thank you for the easy-to-understand guidelines. I'll try to keep behind them. Bri.
LousyNick
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:47:45 AM

Alrighty - that's perfectly sensible, and all well and good.

So much for the maximums. But how bout those of us who're likely to write maaaaybe a story a month, in a good month, when we're not too busy, when we remember... That kinda thing isn't frowned upon, is it?
rolandlytle
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:35:44 PM

LousyNick wrote:

So much for the maximums. But how bout those of us who're likely to write maaaaybe a story a month, in a good month, when we're not too busy, when we remember... That kinda thing isn't frowned upon, is it?

No, not at all.

I may write a story a month or maybe two. I recently went almost three months without a story.

Write what you like and when you like to. This is not a business, there are no quotas.

You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Rebellious_Soul
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:58:38 PM

rolandlytle wrote:
LousyNick wrote:

No, not at all.

I may write a story a month or maybe two. I recently went almost three months without a story.

Write what you like and when you like to. This is not a business, there are no quotas.

I would be screwed if there was a quota, oh my gosh so many uncompleted stories I have!

Because I can,
because I want to,
And because who are you to tell me otherwise?
Queen23
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 6:44:55 AM

That's a very good idea and I really like the way you have it set up

Live today like it is your last day and love yourself