What are you reading at the moment?

last reply
364 replies
101k views
2 watchers
1 like
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Which book are you in the middle of at the moment? Are you enjoying the storyline or has it been a chore to get through?

I'm currently reading Cross Stitch by Diana Gabaldon. It's a time-travel type romance which isn't my usual type of story but I'm enjoying it so far.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm reading Aphelion by Emily Ballou. It's taking a bit of getting into, but I'm determined it won't get the better of me!
Lurker
0 likes
Stephen King, On Writing. I'm really enjoying it. I like the way he explains things.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The First Family by Mike Dash, about how the American mafia began.
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear...Mark Twain
Lurker
0 likes
a magazine. i haven't had time toread a book in ages. lol.
Administration
0 likes
"After Dark" - Haruki Marakami.
Lurker
0 likes
Soul of the Fire by Terry Goodkind. Fifth book of the Sword of Truth series.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I am currently reading "The Pact" by, Jodi Picolut. Its a pretty good. I started it last night.
I walk a lonely road The only one that I have ever known Don't know where it goes But its home to me and I walk alone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am currently reading Dracula by Bram Stoker. This is the first time I had a chance to read it.
"Tomorrow is a new day!" *from chicken little the movie"
Sassy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm about to finish reading Spirit and Destiny magazine and Psychologies magazines - I shall put the heating on and sit against the radiator and dvour the magazine hee hee can't wait.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
"The Sword of Truth" by Terry Goodkind. First book of the Sword of Truth series.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The latest edition of Penthouse's naughty letters.

www.szadventures.com

Lurker
0 likes
"Green Lantern: Blackest Night". Geoff Johns
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
'The Last Oracle' - James Rollins
Tell me a fact and I’ll learn. Tell me a truth and I’ll believe. But tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever. I heard this from Steve Sabol about his father.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
"After Dark" - Haruki Marakami.

I am on the lookout for a copy of this book, it sounds fascinating.
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. ~Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by TearsOfAnAngel
I am currently reading "The Pact" by, Jodi Picolut. Its a pretty good. I started it last night.

The Pact is one of my Fav Jodi Picoult book.

Im currently reading "Prayers For Rain" by Dennis Lehane. Who also wrote "Gone Baby Gone" and there is a movie by the same name starring Casey Affleck. I don't usually read crime/thriller but after reading the Millennium Series by Stieg Larrson, I was hooked. Plus the movie was good too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by TearsOfAnAngel

The Pact is one of my Fav Jodi Picoult book.

Im currently reading "Prayers For Rain" by Dennis Lehane. Who also wrote "Gone Baby Gone" and there is a movie by the same name starring Casey Affleck. I don't usually read crime/thriller but after reading the Millennium Series by Stieg Larrson, I was hooked. Plus the movie was good too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.

I don't normally read his books, but so many people love them, I had to find out what all the fuss was about.
Rest in Peace
0 likes
"Slan" by A. E. Van Vogt...it was actually recommended to me by the reference librarian at the local library...I haven't read anything sci-fi in years, on chapter 8...starting to get pretty good...
I once knew a drinker who had a moderating problem...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My social sciences book for school. Once school's out for the semester, I plan on reading every book written by Eric Jerome Dickey before the next semester starts up.

www.szadventures.com

Rest in Peace
0 likes
"The Mind Parasites" by Colin Wilson...another recommendation...just started it...

Wasn't that impressed by "Slan" btw...I found the ending left a bit to be desired...

Lurker
0 likes
This thread...Oh, you mean books? Stuck halfway through War and Peace, with no real time or desire to read lately. I will finish it though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Town (previously published as: Prince of Thieves)...Chuck Hogan

I think it has been 'made' into a movie already.
Tell me a fact and I’ll learn. Tell me a truth and I’ll believe. But tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever. I heard this from Steve Sabol about his father.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Finkler Question- Howard Jocabson.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dracula - Bram Stoker
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My News Reporting and Writing book for class.

www.szadventures.com

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was reading a Hello magazine at lunchtime, I enjoyed filling in the crossword puzzle at the back the best!

I'll be reading a bit of my Heath and Social Care nvq book level 2 in a bit!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I keep on trying to find free books on my kindle. I bought some free sample ones and free ones show up in my recommended list now. I have 26 unread ones in all genres. It's kind of nice actually to read genres which I don't normally read. I'm also studying so a few pages of my text book on the train in the morning or evening.
New Poem out

The Observer
Rest in Peace
0 likes
You should just read all the stories on Stories Space Louise...that's always free...

What am I reading at the moment? Why, this forum thread...of course...
Actually trying to psych myself up for writing a long story...there should be a thread "What are you writing at the moment"...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sh*t
My
Dad
Says

-Justin Halpern